A Dream Come True

Well after 18 months of planning, I cannot believe that it is all over in a flash. We had the most amazing time overseas with family and friends. I already have my planning thread so won't go into all the planning details so will talk about the week away image I have lots of pics that have been taking by family.... there is a 5 week wait for my professional pics though.

• LeaBLeaB Posts: 1,707

26/05/2014 - The Venue Quinta Jacintina

After very early start at the airport we arrived at the venue at Lunchtime. The staff as always were very welcoming and quickly checked us all in so we could unpack, relax and enjoy the rest of our day!

!

We booked Quinta Jacintina for exclusive use for our wedding. We had previously visited the hotel and have never been disappointed. The décor is amazing, every room unique in its own way and visiting the hotel is like travelling home from home. The staff were amazing and could not do enough for us... some guests even commented it was like having a villa with servants. We were truly spoilt. We spent the week there and from check in to check out we were always the number one priority. We stayed on a half board basis and the food every single day was exceptional... we had children and fussy eaters but this never caused a problem... anything we asked for if they did not have they went out and purchased for the next day. The wedding day went as I could only ever wish for everything ran smoothly and looked perfect.... the day was beyond my dreams. The hotel went above and beyond their duties to make sure that my every need was met and even assigned one of the staff to look after me. I was ill on the day and staff went out to get me medication, we even had a dancing accident and the staff took the injured person to the medical centre. I cannot thank the hotel and the staff enough for the amazing memories I have of my wedding week away, we had issues with the transfer company taking us back to the airport and the hotel manager Sally offered to take some of us to the airport again above and beyond her duty. Sally should be proud of all her staff - Susana, Nancy, Steve, Marcelo, Alison, Mario, Patrick and Gisele to name a few

• Mrs pickleMrs pickle Posts: 319

Wow I can't wait to see more pics! Congratulations!!!

• TadpoleTadpole Posts: 2,134

Excellent, I've been looking forward to this! xx

Thanks ladies.

27th May 2014 - The Hen Do

After a lovely day relaxing by the pool, it was time to get ready for my hen do that I knew nothing about.... all planned by my fantastic sister and bridesmaid.

She did an amazing job in planning cocktail making, a 3 course meal and belly dancing it was all very classy and we had a fantastic night apart from 3 people who decided to spoil it.

A typical hen do would include penises, L stickers etc etc, I had asked my sister not to do anything like this but I knew there would be something... and it was a Penis Pinata..... that cause my mother in law, her sister and niece to storm out. They had a face on them all night complaining about everything..... I was distraught that they could not even be bothered to say good night to me, just dirty looks  and a disappearing act. Its only recently that I have discovered that they were calling my family common as muck and calling my dress because it was from Primark. Who cares I have a mortgage to pay and have paid for all my wedding by cash no credit card so if it meant I had to wear a dress that I loved from primark then that's my choice, I originally bought a dress from Lipsy but changed my mind on the night on which dress to wear. Throughout the night I was devastated and kept saying to my sister that my mil2b was going to twist everything to make h2b think it was all my fault. In fact they did, I went to bed rather than joining the men and my sister approached my h2b and told him what happened.... he then went to his mums room and she lied and changed the story, h2b then came storming to our room demanding I apologised to his mum, saying that the whole 19 other ladies who enjoyed the night were lying. We had practically split up 2 days before my wedding! My parents were fuming and my brother had to stop them from confronting h2b family. At 1 am I was sobbing on the balcony and h2b was packing his bag.... my brother and sister entered our room and made us sit down and had a stern word with us reminded us why we were getting married, made us make up and hug. If it wasn't for them I wouldn't be married now..... don't worry the drama doesn't stop.

28th May 2014 - The Stag Do

Another day by the pool for me relaxing, a stag do for the men consisting of Go Karting at Karting Almancil, a BBQ and archery. I had custom t-shirts made for them and they all came back with huge smiles on their faces.... apart from the sore losers.

For the ladies - the first start of the day was cloudy so we sat chatting then after lunch we decided to use the hot tub in my room.

The sun eventually came out about 2.30pm so we went back in the sun.

The Night Before

The night before was a quiet one, we all ate together as usual and I was in my room with my sister form 9pm. We watched tv, chatted and got some stuff ready before we retired to bed. Suprisingly I had a good sleep apart from waking up coughing from my chest infection - I was however wide awake by 6am, stayed in bed a while before I got up!

• YAY - Looking forward to this!

The Big Day 29/05/14

Woke up around 6.30 - 7am - really really calm. Went into the lounge area and put the kettle and watched tv until my sister got up. When she got up we had a lovely chat and was messaging my sister in law who eventually came into our room.... Everyone seemed to make me cry my sister put a lovely status on facebook, H2b had left me  a card and written me a letter (I was sobbing) then my dad knocked on my door making me cry with a gift bag that had a bottle of Viktor and Rolf's new Perfume called Bon Bon on, this is what my grandad used to call me when I was younger. Again i was sobbing!

My niece eventually joined us at 9am so we had breakfast ordered to the room, strangely enough I managed a full english breakfast and some fruit. We still had a long wait before any preparations - so we all had a shower and got ready. We sat around chatting and listening to musis it was a lovely calm chilled morning. We could hear everyone else sat by the pool catching the rays so went on the balcony to wave like royalty.

Hair and Make up started at 12 noon, with my nan and mum completed first, then my sister in law decided she wanted hers done and then my bridesmaid.... finally it was mine time.

We had a bottle of prosecco whilst we were getting ready and again it was so lovely and relaxed we were all chatting and listening to music. Still no nerves!

Make Up was done by Lucy Jane - She was amazing, so friendly and fantastic at what she did.

Hair was by Sara - again she was lovely and did everybody hairs great.

whilst I was having my make up done about 3.15 (running late) we were told by the wedding planner that the wedding was delayed because the registrar wasn't here yet - phew I thought because h2b always said he wasn't waiting if I was late! The bridesmaids came out of the bedroom dressed and wow they looked beautiful brought tears to my eyes and I was soooo proud to have them by my side.

We had told my dad to come at 3.30pm - he hadn't seen the dress or knew anything about what we were all wearing.... he knocked on and obviously I was still having my make up done so we sent him away and told him 3.50pm, he knocked on again and we told him to wait.... he was pacing up and down and whistling we couldn't stop laughing.

Time to put the dress on, it had to go over my head so I was really conscious of my hair and make up and wowzers was it tight.... it was also 30 degrees on the day!

We eventually let dad in and he was gobsmacked, he cried and said I looked beautiful image

I gave him a gift of an handkerchief saying 'To remember the day you gave me away.... again making him cry.

Well about 16.15 it was time to leave and make our way down to the gardens for the ceremony. After a quick snapshot of the dress on the balcony

• Mrs pickleMrs pickle Posts: 319

More more!

Wow! Ceremony looks beautiful! So sorry to hear about the drama with the inlaws - your Primark dress is lovely and the pinata really is nothing for goodness sakes!

Looking forward to the rest xx

• KH2BKH2B Posts: 1,216

wow can't wait for more!

i can't believe the drama your MIL caused! The dress btw is lovely I would never have guessed it was from primark!

Your wedding dress is gorgeous, the photos really are stunning.

Thanks ladies. More to come tomorrow xxx 

so it was time to make a move... we went downstairs to the reception area for some pictures, out through the front of the hotel towards the gardens where we were stopped with laughter... someone had forgot to put their handbrake on and a car was rolling backwards.... it was stopped by the wedding planner holding it still as we walked past.

Bridesmaids first

all I could see was neil trying to hold it all together

we were told to slow down our walk, and to stop at the end of the aisle for pictures.

walking down the aisle all I could look at was neil I failed to notice any decor and also any guests.

So we sat down for the ceremony and it was quite bizarre really. We had the registrar and a translator. We were told that they would read out the portuguese laws as to regards to marriage during the ceremony what these were we didnt have a clue. The translator was struggling to translate the laws as they sounded so ridiculous in english.... alot of them was we share this and that and talking about divorce, seperation and wills before we were even married.... all i can remember after looking confused and  giggling so much was that if we didn't agree it would be resolved in court.... we still laugh about that now!

Then the time is to swap ring, sign the register and share our first married kiss..... Yay we are man and wife!

We walk out of the ceremony to Take That Greatest Day - although I do not remember any of the song!

Now off to the poolside for cocktail reception and Canapes

• Debscs1984Debscs1984 Posts: 311

wow what beautiful pictures, so scenic and pretty and you look stunning in your dress! Such a shame about the in-law drama but I really like the Primark dress too! Looking forward to reading more x

aw thanks you so much debs!

So onto the congratulations, canapes, drinks, photography and music.

So we walked onto poolside, whilst everyone cme up to congratulate us...

then we were pretty much whisked away for photo's back into the gardens... I didn't even manage to get a canape, I was laughing at Neil because somehow he did. It was so hot though like 33 degrees I had to keep having breaks for drinks as I was sweltering in my dress. It was all a whirlwind.... I didn't really have time to mix with anybody except those in the pictures.

so whilst we were having pictures I left my bridesmaids in charge of getting guests to complete the fingerprint tree.

When we had finished photo's we were called back  for everyone to be seated for dinner, and we had to wait in the blazing sun to be announced Mr and Mrs...... but everyone decided to go to the toilet chat etc so was waiting 10 minutes before everyone realised and was sat back down! lol!  Onto the BBQ

• KateMarried3KateMarried3 Posts: 339

Your dress is really pretty...I can't imagine why anyone would care where you got it from.

In 30 years, looking back, will ANYONE care where you got it from?!?

So onto the bbq, the food was amazing as always... and just had we remebered it. This was a great time to sit down and take everything in. The drinks were flowing and everyone was talking and enjoying themselves it was lovely to see.

After the mains, we had the speeches - Dad first with a very emotional proud of you speech

then onto my brother.... we didnt know what he would say... but he was great at welcoming Neil to the family with his jokes.

then neil said he wanted to do a speech..... this shocked me as he isn't much of a public speaker... he was great and made me cry. So he spoke whilst I gave out the gifts

the my cheeky little niece decided she wanted to say something and came out with

Aunty Leanne - don't drop your knickers - she has been watching Mrs Browns Boys the whole party was laughing.

To the evening - first dance, cake cutting and dancing the night away - I had a fantastic night with everyone and was really selfish really by dancing all night but I enjoyed myself and thats all that matters. We retired to bed at midnight - both shattered from the days events we went back to the room, had a brew and opened all our cards. Such a fantastic day image

• KK12KK12 Posts: 927

Awww congrats! I got married on Saturday just gone - I have seen some of your pics on The Tiara Boutique's page so it's lovely to read your story - i had dramas before my wedding too and on the day itself! image

Awww all the pictures are lovely Lea!! You look absolutely gorgeous and the dress suits you beautifully! xx

aw thank you ladies. still more to come with all the drama! x

Thanks wifey!

So on the day after the wedding we had booked a boat trip just for the two of us to go on to have some alone time and get away from everyone else. It was a lovely day we went from Vilamoura along the coast to some caves then back, it was a 4 hour trip but was enough as it was hitting 30 degrees plus! Whilst we were on the cruise I got a text from my sister saying one of the men had ruptured his achilles - dad dancing at the wedding! oh boy! We got back to the poolside and sat reminising about the wedding with my family.