A Vintage Romance Wedding

Hello All!

I'm officially Mrs Bake! image

I've been asked where the report is after the big day so here it goes!!

I won't go into details as to our story as it's on my planning thread, so I'll jump in on the week of the wedding.

• Lou85Lou85 Posts: 1,808 New bride

Woo hoo! xx

• Mrs BakeMrs Bake Posts: 1,651

Monday!

The start of the week was pretty normal, I spent most of the day cleaning up and preparing the house for mum's sister, D's mum and best man L arriving on Wednesday.

Unfortunately I woke up feeling like absolute cr*p! My throat was sore, and I was full of snot! I was also due to go riding with my friend and MUA Jane. I decided to just go for it as the fresh air may make me feel better. D was working and I didn't want to spend the day alone feeling poorly. It helped a little but drained me so once the cleaning was done I flopped on the sofa and my darling Mum looked after my by making me hot toddy's and soup.

Tuesday

D had the day off and the camper was due to be MOT'd. We drove over to the garage and dropped it off. Luckily we managed to get it passed and I headed off to get my waxing and nails done. I met my mum when she finished work and she had her nails done too. Then it was back home for an early night as Wednesday was going to be busy. Z was staying at Jane's so he wouldn't have to get up at the crack of dawn for trips before school. 

Wednesday

D and I got up at the crack of dawn to go and pick up the flowers. Mum went to pick up her sister from the airport. We arrived as the wholesalers were unloading our delivery. The price was considerably more than they'd quoted which irritated me a lot but never mind. We had what we had ordered. Driving home we overtook my mum and her sister and arrived home together to grab coffee and croissants.

A few hours later we were on the road again to collect D's mum and best man. Both their trains arrived at 13:00 so we didn't have long to wait. We got home in time to pick Z up from school and take him for his swimming lesson. Then afterwards, we all met up with the other best man and his girlfriend, my bridesmaid J to go out for dinner.

Thursday

Thursday morning was very emotional. I dropped Z at school, walked the dog, did the horses and walked home feeling a bit wobbly. J arrived and we all walked to the church for the rehearsal. We were all giggling like naughty school kids until it came time to go through the actual run through. D started choking up when reading his partial vows (to prevent a premature wedding!) which set me off. I was shaking with nerves at this point. On the second run through D stopped and just looked at me. I looked at him wondering why he'd stopped only for him to laugh, and carry on. It turned out that he caught my mum and bridesmaid crying behind me and wafting hands around to try and stop themselves. He tried to stop hi

Oh no it just cut off half my thread!

Thursday cont.

He tried to stop himself but couldn't.

Rehearsal over, J went off to work and we went for breakfast, then headed over to the marquee. We got there to find the loos a mess, the grounds covered in mulched up grass because the owner couldn't be bothered to clean it up. I was annoyed but there wasn't much we could do besides clean the loo's ourselves.

We left there and the lads went off to do some other bits and bobs. I dropped Dan's mum home and raced back into town to get my tan done. Then I went to pick up my friend who was doing our flowers.

We soon got a production line going and within a couple of hours, the flowers for the church were all done and ready to go. The boys loaded up the van and drove over to the church to set up. Mum felt useless so cooked for us whilst the rest of us cut and wired flowers.

At 22:30 we ran out of gypsophila so I went off too two local Tesco's to find more only to discover both of them were sold out. I decided to get up at 7:00 the next morning to race to Morisson's for more.

I got home to discover all the food had gone so I had mini cheddars for dinner and crashed out.

Friday

I woke up in a panic. I was late!!!! I didn't have time to go to the supermarket for more gyp before the school run.

I jumped out of bed and brushed my teeth and D came in with a cuppa. He'd already been and got the gyp! My angel! image

I did the school run and started on finishing up the flowers. J arrived and she went with D to set up the sweet cart and photo wall at the marquee.

We had coffee and loaded up the rest of the stuff in the van and the cars. We headed to the marquee only to realise we had left one of the centrepieces and a load more stuff at home! I was kicking myself! We set up what we had and left. I took J for her spray tan and nails and the lads went for hair cuts and shaves.

D arrived back home whilst I was sorting the last bits to run over the road to the church. I came back to find him in a foul mood. His mum announced she'd lost her shoes and bag (on the train on Wednesday!). D had to take her to town (30 minute drive at 17:00 on a Friday!) to get new ones. He was already late to meet the other Best Man at the hotel. When D had told her it was time to go she asked why we couldn't just take her in the morning before the wedding? He flipped out and asked her what the hell was she thinking!? No one had time in the morning and she should've said something beforehand. Cue much arguing between them.

Crisis averted two hours later D was ready to go. We said goodbye and he gave me a (teary eyed) kiss which set me off. This in turn set my mum, BM's and friends who'd popped in to see us off.

An hour later after some food, my other friend popped in. She couldn't come to the wedding as her other half was best man for his brothers wedding the next day. We had a quick drink and she left to sort her girls out for bed.

Mum's friend arrived and we had some bubbly. Then we loaded up the car with the last bits and bobs, and set off for the marquee. We finished up there and met the events team who promised me they would sort the grass, toilets etc out for the next morning. Satisfied they'd sort it, we popped to Tesco and grabbed breakfast stuff for the next morning.

We got home to find more friends had arrived (22:00!) for one last drink. J popped off to shower off her tan and she crashed. Mum gave me a letter telling me how proud of me she was and offering her advice. I cried a lot and we had a cuddle just the two of us. Then she did my feet and sent me off to shower and bed. I found J asleep on the sofa, so I showered, locked up and went to bed.... and promptly crashed out.

Tomorrow was a big day!

THE BIG DAY!

I woke up at 6:00 as usual ready to let the dog out, but she was crashed out so I slept for another hour and a half!

I got up and brushed my teeth, showered and woke J up. Bleary eyed she stretched out then jumped up screaming "IT'S YOUR WEDDING DAY!!!"

I laughed and we made our way upstairs where mum burst into tears! (Are you sensing a theme here???) My MOH arrived and she too cried!

We made breakfast and had some bucks fizz and coffee. Then at 08:00 Jane and the hair dressers arrived. I was still forcing down my breakfast (I don't eat before 11!) so they got started on the girls.

I gave up trying and had a cigarette with the girls (don't tell me off - I was nervous!) and then I sat down for my hair to be done.

My friend arrived to pick up the dog and he wished me luck. He left and then once my hair was done Jane started my face. Martin arrived and he began snapping away. Our photos are ready to be viewed and going Thursday so I will upload them ASAP!

Once hair and make up was done, Mum gave me a bag. It was from D! In it was a card, in which he'd written "The day is finally here! You will make me the happiest man alive when you said "I do" later today. The words I said to you all those years ago in my card still ring true today. "You take my breath away" This set everyone off in tears - even the hairdressers! He had also sent me a Pandora charm, and a ring carved out of oak. Stuck to it was a note saying "May our marriage mature like this oak"

Martin left to go photograph the lads at the church with his assistant Joe.

We got the girls in their dresses and I had a mini meltdown because I'd misplaced my garter. Jane rang her husband and got him to bring me hers whilst she laced up the dresses on the BM's. I finished their flowers off and they were ready to go! They threw their bags in the car and came to help me get in my dress. It was a tight squeeze but I got in it!

I came out of mums room and across the landing to see everyone standing there waiting for me! I cried again!  A few photos later, the girls walked over to the church with Dan's mum and my Aunty at 11:45. I looked out the window to see everyone stood outside the house! They were meant to be at the church! Mum shouted outside to tell them to get a move on! A few minutes later we were on our way. I panicked about walking down the steep drive but together we made it! I got some funny looks walking over the road with my dress hitched up but lots of "Good Luck's" out of windows later I was outside the church.

Our Reverend met us outside and the girls fixed my train. It was time!

The Rev. went in first, followed by the girls. Then it was my turn. I had waited so long for this moment and all I wanted was to see D's face when he saw me in the big white dress (I don't normally do dresses so wanted to see his response to seeing me look so girly!) but through my veil and tears I could barely see!!

I made it to the alter and we were just smiling away! I managed to kneel down for prayers - no mean feat in that dress! and when it came time for the vows, D delivered his part perfectly. Mid way through mine, my Nan and Gramps popped into my head and I burst into tears. I managed through sobs to get through them with a slightly wobbly voice.

Then we were married!!! A slight hiccup with the music had us all in stitches and when it was time, we walked back through the church only for my dress to snag on one of the flower stands. Thinking someone had stood on the back, I turned round which freed the dress and sent the flowers flying!!! I was mortified. Luckily, Dad grabbed them and righted them before we flooded the place!

Then it was time for the formal photos which I will again, upload when I have them.

But here are a few for you.

• Mrstobe2Mrstobe2 Posts: 67

congratulations! You looked absolutely stunning! image Dress is amazing! Can't wait to see more pics xx

Thanks Mrstobe2!

I will upload some more soon! image

Me, my Mum in the purple dress and my Aunty in the blue.

An hour later, the photos were finally finished.

TIP!

Practice smiling! My face was actually sore by the end of the photos and they were starting to look more like grimaces because I'd had enough!

D and I hopped into the camper with some difficulty and the ribbons came loose on the way over to the marquee. Z and I had a cuddle in the back and D drove us there. We figured being the last to leave and in the slowest vehicle we'd be the last ones to arrive at the venue. We were actually the first! This gave us time to take in the marquee now everything else was ready to go and grab the first glasses of bucks fizz that were waiting at the entrance!

All our family and friends arrived and the canopies came out in full flow. I was starving!

At this point it was scorching outside and I could feel myself swelling up in the heat. I couldn't sit down, and was so uncomfortable. My new brother in law and his wife popped to town and got me a little white lacy number to put on. The relief when I took my dress off was heavenly! My back was extremely sore and my ribs were bruised. I slipped out to change and joined the party half an hour later feeling much much better.

We sat down for the wedding breakfast and speeches.

My mum gave a wonderful speech that moved us all to tears, followed by D who thanked everyone. Then it was the Best Man's turn. He did an amazing job and made D extremely proud.

• JulyBugJulyBug Posts: 420

Gorgeous!! Massive congraulations - you look stunning. Love the bridesmaids dresses - fab colour! image x

Thanks July!

Here's some photos of the reception.

Absolutely love you card box and your cake is so cute! Love how it says today I married my best friend!! image X

Ah thanks hun!

It's for sale wink winkimage

I kept that tier of the cake, and it's currently sat in the freezer!

Haha I wish id have knew that 4 weeks ago haha I got married the 16th June haha! xx

Ah bugger! image Was worth a punt hehe

Haha it definately was! reception venue was fab! We're was that? Xx

• KH2BKH2B Posts: 1,216

Wow! I love the report.

Your dress is amazing and you look stunning! 

All the flowers and the venue decoration is lovely, your hard work sines through.

It sounds like you had the perfect day image

• SarahL1408SarahL1408 Posts: 154

Loved reading this!  You look amazing and I love all the photos.  Massive congratulations.

x

Thanks ladies!

Mrstobe2 - venue was at the Armouries in Stratford. As lovely as it was, I wouldn't recommend it. I was treated very badly the next day by the owners wife (Will get to that part) and another lady when I went to pack up the marquee.

KH2B and Sarah - thanks very much! It's the first time I've looked at photos of myself and not thought they were awful. My MUA did a fab job lol.

• Little JulesLittle Jules Posts: 1,538

Love your report! Gorgeous photos and you look lovely! I hope you had a lovely day and thanks so much for sharing.

Thanks Hun! Will post more on the day tomorrow when I can get on the laptop!

• MrsMGtobeMrsMGtobe Posts: 612

Beautiful photos, it looks like you had a stunning day! I have to say, I love the practise smiling tip! image

D and I got the shot of us cutting it together but this is the only one I've got so far!

After the speeches the food was quickly served. It was so lovely to have an hour to just sit down and eat, drink and relax. We soon finished and sat watching all our guests chat away and laugh.

Eventually, the plates were cleared, and people began mingling again. It was so lovely and warm most of us worked our way outside onto the benches, the kids went back to raiding the sweet cart and playing football.

An hour later our guests started arriving. We soon got back to drinking (quite a lot) and before I knew it, D and I were being called in to cut the cake.

This felt really surreal and I was quite nervous about making sure we cut it right!

By the way, at this point I'd managed to get back into the dress. Once the temp dropped it was much much better.