I married my best friend! <33

Hi! image

So I was inspired by so many others to do a planning thread, so now that's finished with, I thought I'd do a wedding report! I've only read a few, so sorry if I'm doing it wrong, and I also apologise in advance if it's a bit photo heavyimage I'm a bit obsessed with all our photos right now! xx

• MrsTaylorMrsTaylor Posts: 500

About us

So for those who have read my planning thread, you'll already know a lot about me and my husband already! So I apologise in advance if I'm repeating myself here, so I'll keep it short.

We met through a site we were both members of, as we both have an illness called M.E. It took a long time for us to be 'officially' together as we both had problems and huge challenges and changes in our lives. It was worth the wait though! image

Planning the wedding

So we got engaged in October 2013. We both work in schools, so we wanted the wedding to be sometime in the holidays. We phoned to see when City Hall had a space and we wanted a later time in the day. 1st August was one of only two days they had free. We checked with my Gran that this day would be okay with her, as it was my Bampy's birthday on this day. She was fine with it, so we're glad our wedding was on this day, as it made it feel like my Bampy was there and part of the day. image

The morning of the wedding

So the morning of the wedding was a bit chaotic! We had to go down to the venue for 8.30 to decorate the room. Things went wrong, chair covers and linen didn't turn up, it was all a bit hectic and crazy really. My mum's next door neighbour stayed behind to over see everything when we had to leave, so we were so grateful!

Then we all got home and started the relay of showers etc. It really didn't feel like I was getting married, but yet I couldn't stop shaking! I tried to put a contact lens in and it took 20 minutes! I was shaking putting my makeup on, and I was only half way done when the hairdresser arrived. Then Simon came in to say goodbye as his best man had arrived to pick him up, and then the nerves really started kicking in!

It was all a big blur to be honest. Then my mum had to leave and mums neighbour came back and helped me finish getting ready! It was her daughter who did my hair, and she had to put my shoes on for me cos I was shaking so much! Lol.

Getting in the car

Arriving

Walking in

With my Dad:

Our eyes meet:

• Lou85Lou85 Posts: 1,803 New bride

Lovely pics. Love the black and white one with the mini image looking forward to hearing more! 

The ceremony

I don't know what got over me, but I laughed the whole way through the ceremony. And not just a little bit, oh no! I laughed, hysterically, the whole time!

Here's a few photos from it.

Signing the register

Walking out of the room

The photographer had gone on ahead so we didn't know she was taking this!

Awww, does no one read these, or am I doing it wrong?

• MrsCorey2BMrsCorey2B Posts: 143

I'm reading it! Looking forward to reading and seeing more! You look stunning xx

• I thought I had commented! Wedding reports are my fave things to read on here image

Your photos are wonderful and you both look so happy! The black and white mini photo really stands out to me, just wow! How is married life? x

• tinkymootinkymoo Posts: 419

Made me giggle when you said you laughed all the way through image nerves are funny things .. i am so paranoid about crying i try to practise my vows now and choke... my biys practise their reading and i feel my eyes welling up. I am actually going to be a mess!! But 5 months today I will have woken up a married lady image loooove wedding reports!! I like the sneaky pic the photographer got. Fab! X

Yay, I'm glad people are reading it or I'm rambling to myself :P I loved reading wedding reports when I was wedding planning - made the big day seem so much more real!

Married life is amazing thank you image Faced challenges already, but it doesn't matter cos we're married and getting through it together image Not looking forward to going back to work in 2 weeks though image It's gone too fast!

Tinkymoo - I literally laughed the entire time. I was gasping for breath, the registrar was laughing, husband was all eyewatery as he was emotional, but I just laughed harder! Oops! We practised our vows too, but in the end they used the wrong vows! You'll be fine on the day though image xx

Its so good to know that you got through things going wrong. I am getting married 170 miles away and panicing things are all going to go wrong. With 5 months to go. I will be a mess at xmas as will be super close then!!  

I know things will go wrong or not as planned. Makes me stress just thinking about it haha x

Loads of things went wrong, they missed out an entire buffet option, chair covers didn't turn up till 12, it poured with rain, the dj was late, people got lost, groups dropped out days before the wedding, an unexpected guest turned up...but honestly none of it matters image Our best man sorted out all the problems so it was worry free for us, he was amazing. Everyone still said it was the best wedding they had been to, and they enjoyed themselves etc, so don't worry about things going wrong image

After the ceremony we made our way outside for some photos! It was spitting with rain, so some are with an umbrella, some without image

Then the weather got too bad, so we went inside for some group photos image

(Forgot to say by the way, the head dress I am wearing was my Gran's - 52 years old)

Me and my dad by the mini:

• SheandHimSheandHim Posts: 379

Those last ones of you two by the fountain are gorgeous, your photographer has done a fantastic job considering she doesn't usually photograph weddings! 

Thanks Sheandhim - she was amazing image She was so friendly, as she said it felt like we'd been friends for years. So we were just so relaxed around her image

Then we went onto a park to have photos taken there, more specifically at my Bampy's memorial bench. But first, here is our car selfie!

At Bampy's bench:

These were at other places in the park image

(^Us being silly)

(Simon said the tie had come lose on my dress, so he had to hold it as we walked, so he looks like he's walking a dog!)

(^By the boating lake)

(^Being silly again)

That's all of my selection of professional ones now image We had about 250 I think, so they are just a small selection - even though it seems like loads! image

We really enjoyed going to the park though, and we're actually glad it rained, cos there was no one there, but also the photos are a bit less 'formal'. As in, there are nice 'romantic' ones, but there's lots of natural ones of us messing about, and posing with brollies and wellies, so we feel the photos are more unique image

So from there, we went back in the mini, and on to the reception!

I have guest photos from the reception, and one of our guests is a semi professional wedding photographer on the side (not that we knew this when we invited him) so he got lovely photos image Shall I leave these till another day?

Noooooo more piccies haha xx

Just realised.. j mean Noooooo, More piccies ( put more on) haha not no more piccies pmsl. imageimage

I love people pics. And the bench idea is fab! Xx

Haha, ok - on to the reception it is! (This might be the shortest report in history :P)

So we got back to the reception and some people weren't there yet as they had gone to check in to the hotel etc. So it was quite nice cos we had time to come in and sort ourselves out a bit, and then greet people as they came in image

We had welcoming drinks of bucks fizz and juice for kids.

So here is a photo of Simon taking my wellies off - my mum thought she was funny!