Our Real Country Family Affair

Hi there ladies!

Thought I really should get on with this wedding report before you all forget who I am and what it was all about! I won't go through how we met, the engagement etc. as it is all in my planning thread and is not particularly diverse or interesting anyway!

I am going to hop between professional photos and photos from friends and family so please bear with me as this might take a while to get through!

But of course - will start off with some pictures!

xx

• Lou85Lou85 Posts: 1,803 New bride

Yay! I have been waiting for this my sweet! Keep it coming image

• TadpoleTadpole Posts: 2,134

So in reality the wedding extravaganza started on the Thursday. Hubby and I were both off work from that day and he was set to task with packing up our wee Ford Fiesta with all the bits and pieces that we would need while I went to get a fake bake, manicure and pedicure!

We then travelled out to my parents house where we opened some presents, chilled out and I got to work on writing out the cards for the table plan - wrote my own name with my maiden surname and promptly had a massive melt down and bollocked everyone sitting within 10 feet of me. Very bridal eh?

OH family then arrived including his brother and brother in law from Houston to have dinner with my family which was lovely - despite the fact that my Mother and I were covered in fake bake... Following earlier meltdown - an early night was decreed!

xx

So after a reasonable night of sleep it was the day before the big day and we had to decorate the venue! Everyone involved was either in situ or en route so starting to get exciting! My parents and I headed to Aswanley for around 10am - his lot were under instruction not to turn up until I had gotten my thoughts together and we had planned to have lunch at the cottage his folks were staying in on the estate - it being understood that low blood sugar may bring about anarchy! 

Here I am! 

Xx

Decorating and seeing the place came together took most of the day but it was great to see it all looking so good so that I could relax and know it was all good! 

Xx

We then held the rehearsal before heading off to the golf club to meet many of our guests as we had a lot of people that travelled up from Glasgow.

My dad and I: 

My gorgeous other half and I practising tying the knot! 

Xx

We had a lovely evening greeting everyone and just basking in how excited everyone was! Got back to my parents house about 10pm and exchanged gifts with the bridesmaids. They had made me a gorgeous scrapbook with loads of pictures of friends, family and us girls throughout the years, finishing with the hen night and with loads of quotes from my favourite books, films and songs. They really are some very special friends.

Not going to lie - I didn't sleep that well - not helped at all by the fact that we were staying on my parents farm and the sheep started bleating like mad at 4am! No idea what their problem was! Got up around 0730 and had a shower and some breakfast, my Mums friend arrived with all the dresses and the hairdresser and beautician arrived!

Once we all had our hair done and make up sorted we had a small lunch and started getting dressed!!

Once I had my dress on I stepped out into the hall to show my Dad and was amazed to see him wearing a kilt!! My Dad has never ever worn a kilt before and had been adamant that he never would. It was so he would match the rest of the men in the bridal party and he stated expressly that it was for me and that he will likely never wear one again because that would reduce how special it was. Yeah I just about lost the plot with emotion at this stage!

xx

Argh don't know why all my photos are sideways!! xx

xx

xx

And with the parents:

Can anyone spot my wee brother?! xx

Meanwhile at our venue: groom, best man, groomsmen and ushers:

xx

Arriving:

I walked down the aisle to an instrumental piece called Kisses and Cake which features in the film P.S I Love You. I love the film and Mark even manages to appreciate the soundtrack so we had a few songs throughout the day. Its a lovely piece of music and obviously personal and a wee bit unusual.

We had a Humanist ceremony and it really was fantastic - so glad we made the decision to do so. The Ceremony concentrates on us as a couple, how we met, our life together so far and what we love about each other - including three reasons why we want to marry - I hadn't heard Mark's reasons until the big day and vice versa and it was part of the day that I had really been looking forward to - needless to say it was incredibly emotional.

We also performed a hand fast using the tartans from our respective surnames and exchanged rings.

We had a cousin each perform a reading - my cousin spoke amazingly well in Doric which is the native dialect of the NE of Scotland xx

We signed the Register to Ho-Hey by the Lumineers and you can see our handfasting "knot" in front of us on the table xx

• VictoriaoVictoriao Posts: 1,537

I've been on the look out for this and you've started!! Keep going, everything looks amazing so far

• Little JulesLittle Jules Posts: 1,538

Everything looks so lovely, and you look great! So glad you are doing a report, looking forward to reading the rest.

• Sarah C89Sarah C89 Posts: 368

Yay! You look stunning and the photos are fab - I love that you have a massive happy grin on every photo! So excited to see the rest! Xx

• Yay!  I love a good wedding report.  Keep it coming image

• Wow Toad this is such a lovely report! You look amazing, the ceremony sounds beautiful and I LOVE your shoes!!! Is your dress Verdiana by Ronald Joyce?

X

Thank you for the lovely comments ladies! I am really enjoying writing the report although aware it is rather picture heavy so hope that is OK too!

Farmers Wife - My dress is a Stella York - 5885. Just had a look at that Ronald Joyce one though and it is very similar! I tried on loads and loads of dresses and really enjoyed the experience but really struggled to decide!

xx

• Would you be interested in selling me the bird cages back? Only my future daughter in law now says she wanted them !

Looked like a lovely day for you and Mr Toad!

Hi Alison - I'm afraid I've only actually got 2 left as we gave quite a lot of them out as gifts because they were so admired! Happy to see you those but thinking that you are probably after more?

xx

• Lou85Lou85 Posts: 1,803 New bride

Toad, this all looks stunning! You look beautiful, your venue looks gorgeous and your bridesmaids look so stylish. Your mum is wearing the same dress as my mother in law wore; she looks great too image keep it coming xx

• That's because they were so lovely- made ideal gifts!

No worry but I'm glad your guests liked them.

• Love your hair and you BM dresses.  So many BM dresses here in the states are SO tacky!  Yours actually look re-wearable!  I also LOVE the color of your hair - it's exactly the color I've wanted for years and my stylist can never recreate. Keep the thread going, really enjoying!

xx

So that was it - we were wed!! We walked back down the aisle as Mr and Mrs and to McFly - Love is Easy. It is prudent to say that I am a massive McFly (and now McBusted) fan but this was the most of them that I was permitted to have on the day!

We then went outside and took a pic of the whole company which has turned out really well!

With our parents 

We then did some of the obligatory group shots - know that these aren't really very fashionable anymore and that a lot of people don't bother but as a person that loves poring over old photos and picking people out - I decided to go for - really glad we did too as a lot of the families live far apart and are not often together so such photos are few and far between.

My grandparents:

xx

The Bridal Party

xx

xx

• VictoriaoVictoriao Posts: 1,537

Beautiful!!