Alphabetti Spaghetti Wedding Report

I'm not going into the details of how we met etc as it's all in the planning thread. I can't quite believe my thread got to 100 pages! I loved writing my thread and having so many of you join in on my journey. I can honestly say a few have you have become dear friends! I'm not one for mass writing either so this really will be a short but sweet account of the day. I'm still waiting for professional pics to arrive but I can start this with a few of the pics from early on in the day. 

A little detail in case you didn't read my thread. Andrew and I wanted a day that represented the both of us. We wanted it to be quite relaxed but still traditional. We live in Barnsley in South Yorkshire even though I.m originally from North Wales and Andrew is from Barnsley, we decided to get married in Barnsley rather then going back to my hometown. 

Saturday 27th September 2014

So two years ago, Andrew presented me with a plate of Alphabetti Spaghetti and proposed! Fast forward two years and I wake up in the hotel and it's 2:45am!!! Sack that off I'm going back to sleep but at 5:15am I'm wide awake once again and this time there's no chance of going back to sleep. I lay in bed for a while and if I'm honest I still wasn't excited. It hadn't really hit me that I was going to get married. In the few weeks leading up to the wedding I was was bored of waiting and as awful as this may sound I just wanted it over with. Not in a horrible way but two years was a long time to wait and I just wanted to become Mrs Gillis and start the next chapter of our lives.

I decided to have a long soak in the bath as I had plenty of time to go until I had to leave the hotel to be at our venue for 8am. At 6:30am I get a text off my MOH asking if I was awake and if she could come up to see me. A knock at the door and there's she's stood with a gift bag for me, she had put me a bag together of all my favourite bits...

• PoppinsPoppins Posts: 3,146

Here's just a few of the things she popped in. Some were really random which I didn't put in the photo as they'd need some explaining....

Anyway, we packed up the car with the few bits I'd taken to the hotel Then went and met my bridesmaid, we dashed into the breakfast room and took a load of pastries and muffins and did a runner as we didn't have time to eat there as I wanted to get up to Wortley. We got my dress and off we went! Thankfully we were only 5 mins from our wedding venue so we were there in plenty of time. My MOH and BM sat me down with a cup of tea and gave me 'some bits' first of all was a gorgeous card from my Mum and with it was a gorgeous charm that I guess could have been attached to a garter but I decided to attach it to my bouquet (ill post photo later). Next was a lovely bracelet from one of my Aunties and then I got a big gift bag and was told it was from Andrew... Now we had the rule that we weren't getting each other wedding gifts. He made me promise that I hadn't bought him anything for a gift, I did tell him that I had bought him a few bits but nothing big. I'd put together a little gift bag of goodies but only with things like cufflinks and socks in etc so I was totally surprised when in fact he had got me a gift as he was adamant that he hadn't bought me anything. Andrew isn't one for cards but he had got me one from moonpig so it was personal to me. I opened the bag to find a polystyrene box and inside the box was a bride and groom Minnie and Mickey Mouse statue! For all that don't know me, I'm a massive Disney fan and we went there for a month last year for my 30th and are going back for our honeymoon in 11 weeks (that's a few days before Christmas image )  Andrew had bought me the statue from Magic Kingdom without me knowing and had kept it a secret for a year!! At this point I started to get excited, I was still nervous about the ceremony which had been overshadowing the excitement but now it was starting to feel really real, I was getting married TODAY!!!!!!

Here's my statue from Andrew! They are magnetic so they pull each other to kiss! I absolutely love it!!, especially knowing it's from Disneyworld! X

Just as we finished giving gifts my lovely mua arrived and up the stairs we went to crack on! I went first with my hair being put up. There was only me and 1 BM having hair put up. I loved the morning of the wedding, I loved spending time with my two best friends and we just had such a laugh. I was surprised at how calm I was to be honest. The girls kept popping down to sort things out for me and I couldn't of asked for 2 better people to have with me on the morning of my wedding. 

Here's my hair do! I wanted something quite simple but elegant to match my dress. After my hair I went downstairs to check on things but there wasn't really much to do. I walked into the reception room and just took it all in. Andrew and I had been the night before to dress it and all it needed was the florist to arrive to add the centrepieces. I went back up to find my BM had had her hair pinned up so next I was up for make up! The day before the wedding I'd already had eyelash extensions done so already felt fab with them done already! This is when my photographer arrived. Her husband was with Andrew and she had said he seemed very calm! I was dying to text him but knew I shouldn't xx

• Speccy4eyesSpeccy4eyes Posts: 2,050

Wooohooo ... Been dying to read this

Congrats poppins

Thanks Speccy!! I will crack on once I've got some pro photos! Xx

Thankfully this is showing in my followed threads so ill be back....

Oh I am glad!! It's been really bugging me, to the point I nearly didn't start my report as I thought there'd be no point if no one can read it! Xx

I was meant to add this before! My view when I woke up in the hotel... 

And what a view!! 

I love the Mickey and Minnie statue... How he hid it for a yr God only knows but it was so worth it. I bet you had a little weep... I know I would

(my planning thread isnt showing anywhere and moderators dont answer requests for help so I may give up on mine)

• Yay cannot wait to read this - followed! Hoping all of them now stay again in my followed thread section.

Love the statues well done to your hubby for keeping them secret for so long! Xx

As we went to Disney with my parents he gave them to my mum and she took them home in her suitcase, they've been there ever since! She brought them up on Friday and secretly gave them to my MOH! Secrets all round!! Xx

Oooo the secrets people keep

• Yay! So excited to read more Poppins  - keep it coming image

• Lou85Lou85 Posts: 1,805 New bride

Can't wait to read more lovely! X

We've had a few photos back from the photographer and this I absolutely love of Andrew! It's in our house before he left for church. He hates having his photo taken!  X

Nice to put a face to the name. Congrats Mr poppinsimage

Not long after our photographer arrived I looked out of the window to see the florist turn up. Que major excitement! I loved our florist from the minute I met her, she is a lovely person and I couldn't recommend her enough!! Anyone in the Sheffield area wanting a florist then use Campbell's Flowers! She too had just bddn to the house to drop Andrews buttonhole off and aid how calm he was! You can see on that photo of him he has a gypsophila buttonhole with a sprig of hydrangea from my bouquet. 

When Tracey entered the bedroom with the box of flowers I wanted to cry! So simple but absolutely perfect! 

Here's my bouquet that the photographer had leaned out of the window to get this photo, my heart was in my mouth in case it fell out!!  (I'll update with BM flowers once I get photos back!) xx

Loving the simplicity

• MrsE2be2014MrsE2be2014 Posts: 1,459

Lovely so far Poppins, cant wait for more!

LOVE the mickey & minnie as a massive Disney fan myself I would die over these too!

Hair looks gorgeous and what a view ti wake up to! xx

• I've been away from the forum for since January for one reason or another but you were the first person I thought of when I came back on. I figured that you'd would have been married by now and I'm really excited to read this and see all of your pictures and I loved your planning thread and got loads of brilliant ideas from you. Going to go and catch up on the (probably thousands) of posts that I've missed on my absence. 

Congratulations Mr and Mrs Poppins. 

Aww thank you! I should have my photos back next week so I can crack on with the report! xx

I have our photos!!!!! Promise to start again tomorrow!! Yay!! Xx

• :D:D Posts: 1,805

Yay!! Looking forward to seeing your professional photos!!!!!!!!! image Have you got your dress dry cleaned yet? Your v organised! image

Yay photos Poppins!!! xx

So, where was i????

At this point of the day Iwas having a mental tick list going off! Florist - check, cake - check, hair & make up artist - check, photographer - check...

Here I am nearly ready to get into my dress! Looking back I really wish i'd have dressed a little nicer on the morning instead of looking like a tramp! Just then my Mum arrived in our hotel room. She looked beautiful. She had designed her own suit and found a dress maker to make it for her

Next up was to give the girls their presents. I'd bought them all Joma Jewellery bracelets, necklaces and earrings to wear on the day in personalised bags

I also bought the girls these hangers for their dresses xxx

Heres a few from the Groom camp xxx

Dont ask about the bike!!!! Andrew, his parents and a few family friends were round at ours just having a laugh and Andrew said he was off to get his transport to go to the church and he came round the corner on this!!

Bridal Camp!

Minerva by Donna Salado Couture (her name was the sealing of the deal...massive Professor McGonagall  fan from HP image )

My stunning shoes made my Project Elegance!

My beautiful bag which I got from Songbirdsings but unfortunately I never got round to using it! I was starting to get in a bit of a rush as the bus had turned up and they really wanted us to leave and I still wasn't in my dress not were the bridesmaids. the bus did want to leave really early so I did have time but I was panicking i'd be annoying the bus driver!

My beautiful jewellery from Lucy with Diamonds, which I had a hand in the designing of my bracelet xxx

Loving the bike shot lol

Lovely photos, I think the getting ready pics set a nice tone for the build up!

Bike pic is funny, he doesnt seem nervous at all which for me is sooo important for h2b! x

So now we were all 'made up' it was just the case of getting into dresses. I never realised how long it takes to do lace up backs on dresses!! Thankfully mine was a zip up but the BMs had lace ups and it was a bit if a scramble to try get them all in and secure! 

We got SIL done first then got this train on the go! Next up, get Minerva on!! Now as my dress had come in quite late I had my last fitting for her just the week before the wedding, I even tried her on the day before the wedding to make sure the changes had been made were all good so there was no problem about it fitting me... Or so I thought!! She had to I over my head carefully over my headpiece and hair do. The girls did the inner bit up ok, next the zip, I'd placed my hands in the same place I'd always put them in the shop when trying her on and it just wouldn't go up!! How the heck had I managed to put wight on in the space of 18 hours??!! I was starting to panic I'm not going to lie! But with a little tugging here and there and some brute force the zip went up but the hook and eye did snap on me!!  Next up the buttons! 'Em, where's the crochet hook we got you to do the buttons up?' Errrr 'pass' so with everyone having their nails done for the wedding it was now another struggle to get those tiny elastic hops over all the buttons! I hated being faffed over by now! But I was in and so what if I couldn't breathe great, I was going to marry MrHTT!!! Xxx