3th Spet 2014 The Big Day

So the pictures have arrived and it would be rude not to keep my promise to do a report. Like many on here I documented how we got together, the engagement story and the planning in my thread;

http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/3th-spet-2014-the-big-day/393730.html

I do not really intend to go through all of that in this, however bits will be touched upon. However the name of my thread comes from the excitement I had when we booked and had our big day confirmed by the church and the venue. I was so excited to start my thread and to start the story that I completely failed to spell check my first post and most importantly the title!! It was meant to say 13th September 2014 which was the date of our big day, however there was the first of many no doubt!

• VictoriaoVictoriao Posts: 1,536

When we booked we had 400+ days to plan and organise. We booked it at the end of July 2013 ready for the September 2014. When picking a date we decided against our anniversary, although it would have been our tenth because it was a week day and there was no way our guests would be able to join us due to the distance that would need to be travelled. Also it would have been peak wedding season and we were worried that this would price us out of what we wanted.

We had a decision to make as to whether we would get married in the city we have made our home or if we would return home to Yorkshire where we are both from. After a quick internet search we decided that there were no venues near our home town in Yorkshire and so the decision was made and we would be married where we have made our lives together - Newcastle upon Tyne!

We chose Jesmond Dene House as it is highly recommended and we knew we could trust them with our day. Also it fitted in with our theme perfectly! Our theme was to start traditional and then slide into a party. No particular colours were picked however we had a palette of white, cream. ivory and silver (dark and light) with any twinkles/crystal/sparkly bits!

So enough of the background and planning lets get to the wedding!

We both finished work on Wednesday. Thursday morning we loaded the car and together made the journey to Jesmond Dene House and went through final details with our wedding co-ordinator. We also unloaded the car. Unfortunately we couldn't fit everything in one journey and so headed back to reload the car.

After a quick pit stop for a Greggs bacon sarnie (it had to be done!) and coffee. We ended up at Asda where we needed a few last minute bits for the house and a couple of bottles of wine. 

We headed home where we loaded the car up. We then split the tasks between us and I left h2b as he was then at home and made the journey back to the venue before dashing into town to have my eyebrows threaded.

There was then an issue with the honeymoon as we couldn't check in online so I spent 45 minutes on the phone sorting that and then my family arrived! After a cup of tea we continued with our jobs, which included my mum and I driving to the florists to drop off the floralytes for the centrepieces.

We then loaded the car and checked in at the hotel where I would be spending the night before the wedding. We left all the bridesmaids dresses, suits, MOB outfit and everything that we would need for the morning of the wedding. We just left it all in the room, which wasn’t going to be slept on. We went home for takeaway and wine... or so I thought!

• Speccy4eyesSpeccy4eyes Posts: 2,050

Looking forward to reading your report

• PoppinsPoppins Posts: 3,146

Yay! Xx 

Thanks Speccy4eyes and Poppins. I promise there will be pictures... just gotta get the background stuff out of the way!

H2B’s family were due to join us on the Friday afternoon. His sisters were to give a reading and needed to be present for the rehearsal on Friday night. The phone rang and it was the MIL who was fraught as she had managed to fall out with both daughters. As a result one was refusing to get in the car on the Friday. After 35 minutes of shouting at respective party’s down the phone and throwing my one and only major bridezilla strop I had it all resolved.

Now I could order the takeaway and collect it. When I went I took my sister and her boyfriend, just so that we could spend some time together ahead of the chaos. Food collected, eaten and wine drunk. I collapsed into bed knowing that I had loads to do on Friday!

Friday dawned and I was up early! With three times the normal number of people in my house it took a bit longer to get sorted. My Mum, sister and I headed off to get the dress. After hugs and kisses in the shop and I gave a quick round of “I’m getting married in the morning”, the dress was packed into the car and then off to the hotel.

We dropped the dress off and took it out of the bag, placing it into a large duvet case to allow it to fluff up! Off to have our nails done and then back to the house where the H2B’s family had arrived. My family packed up and went to the hotel and I tried to finalise everything and remove everything I needed from the house.

A quick trip to Tesco’s and to the hotel to pick up my other bridesmaid before heading to the church for the rehearsal. I never stopped, but knew it was all coming together really well. Also as people checked in I got a confirmation email so I knew where all my guests were!

To the church for the rehearsal. This happened so fast I could barely remember it, but what I do remember is a sense of calm when practicing my vows! H2B’s sister cried all the way through and both h2b and I got emotional and I knew we would be ok on the day.

I then flew back home for everything I had forgotten, including my something old and blue!!

Back to the hotel and then my dad, uncle and I set off for the venue to leave our cars. As I got back into my uncles car to go back to the hotel, that was it I was calm and ready. All my preparations meant I knew everything was as ready as ever. Let the proceedings begin!

I walked into the pub next to the hotel where we had reserved an area for the rehearsal dinner. As I arrived 40 minutes after my groom to be I received a huge round of applause. Dinner was a loud, but fun affair with family that had travelled. Booze was flowing, food was good and company was great. I had an absolute blast as did our guests. 

Action packed and its not even the wedding day yet!!! 

• It is really a pleasure to read the story of other brides!After I get married finally,I will share my story here,too.Look forward for your update.

Thanks for commenting! At least I know I'm not rambling to myself! Chris Tina I enjoyed reading the reports too and it gives me an excuse to relive it all again and chronicle it for future reference!

So anyway after the meal we went our separate ways. I headed up to share a midnight chat with my best mate and bridesmaid for the last time as two single women and he headed home with his family to spend his last night in our bed as an unmarried man. They had a night cap (Nigel and his Stepdad)

I was just climbing into my own bed having had a very late shower as I was under strict instructions from my hairdresser to make sure it was done the night before!

and then this happened at 1:40am in the grooms camp... 

http://youtu.be/OSRs12J3kLE

(Fingers crossed this works!)

ooo he's a swine lol

That's one word that could be used to describe him. Although the bride camp thought it was hilarious whilst we were getting ready!!

So the morning of the big day finally arrived! I was up at 5.30am pottering around. Quick cup of tea and then my bridesmaid and I headed down for breakfast. I managed to eat all of this, and people say you can't eat on the morning of your breakfast!

My mum and sister then joined us!

We finished and headed back to the room. Just in time to meet the first of the kerrys! Somehow I had managed to book two kerrys to do hair and makeup.

• Oooh I havent seen a wedding report in ages! Im looking forward to seeing the rest of this image

• Ooh, I'm so looking forward to this! image

So... Where was I? Ah heading back to the room!!

We left my mum and sister to finish their breakfast with strict instructions to be up in the wedding room ASAP! I set the hairdresser on my BM whilst a steady stream of people arrived to the room. Soon the premier inn room was filled with people!!

• Aww dont know if i'll be able to eat anything the morning of mine!

Dont know if i'll do a wedding report either, not sure i'll have much to report lol

That was so not my plan to abandon the thread like that yesterday, however the iPad refused to work properly and then I got sidetracked.... oops. So to continue. preperations were well underway;

That's both Kerry's and me. I was so glad I opted for light summery PJ's it became unbelievably warm in the room!!

My sister having her hair done

Then it was time for presents

Meanwhile over at the groom camp;

Then they were ready to leave and had a toast in the front garden!

Then it was time for the dress!

I was was due at the church for 12 so I was put in the dress at 11.45... Nothing like cutting it fine, in my mind I knew I was getting married at 12, just forgot that I had a 15/20 minute car journey to the church!

Oh crikey.......... Did you get there on time?

• Aw you look lovely! X x

Speccy - no I was fashionably late! But if you can't be on your wedding day, when else can you be!

Missbexybride - thanks, all I can say is I had nothing to do with it all my mua, hairdresser and tog!!

So at the church h2b (as he still was) was waiting for me. He used his new watch to check how late I was running;

lol.......... I'll have to remember that excuse..... 

We've received the video highlights video;

https://vimeo.com/110933207

Password J3smond

if you're interested!