The Yorkshire Italian Wedding Report

So we've been married almost 2 months now it's probably about time I did my report.

Most people reading this will have followed my planning thread, but for those that didn't i'll keep it simple -  we met in 2010, got engaged Christmas day 2012 and Married 27th September 2014. My 'Husband' (still getting used to saying that) was born to Italian parents but lives in England - we're both from Yorkshire and I always dreamt of a big white wedding in the countryside - so that's exactly what happened.

So.... where to begin...

I finished work on Tuesday 23rd September and had 3 whole days to finalise bits & bobs, pack for honeymoon, get my nails done & pick my dress up. Those days flew by !

Friday was a nice steady morning, we packed the car up and met my parents at the venue around 1ish, we unloaded both cars and set up the sweet table, dropped off wine & champers, set up our gift table, I think we were only there an hour and a half tops, then it was onto my parents.

We always said we wanted to be traditional and spend the eve apart so he had a meal with the guys sorted & I had one with the girls, so around 3pm we said a teary goodbye & i'll see you tomorrow at the alter type thing.

Dad drove husband to the hotel with half of the suits and me & mum went off to the church to decorate the pew ends & arrange some flowers for the alter (a subtle hint from the church warden)

Time flew at the church and I was getting phone calls from all sorts of ppl, yet I had no time for chit chat....I think I had an hour at home to turn myself around before going out for the meal - I was starting to feel a tad on edge as time was flying by.

Had a lovely meal out and was in bed for 12.15 as was conscious I wouldn't sleep much and wanted to at least try and give myself a head start - yep that didn't work at all.

I don't think I slept at all, at the most I dropped off in half hour spurts - I remember checking the time on my phone every hour and I think I dropped off somewhere between 3.45 & 5am - this of course panicked me as I thought I've had no sleep (but I didn't need to worry as I wasn't the slightest bit tired all day)

So I'm awake at 5am and I can hear the shower going - must be SIL

I look outside and it was bright with a haze over the fields - this is good news as once the haze lifts I knew it would be a sunny day, and it was image

I open my card from h2b and he'd also written me a poem and bound it, it was personal to me and I completely welled up - then i'm off into the shower and its roughly 5.30/6am ish by now.

I can't quite remember what happened over the next hour other than having a coffee and the bridesmaid hairdresser arriving - so My SIL was in the chair first & then my cousin arrived around 7.15 but the rest of my bm's were late but I was calm & it was fine as BM hairdresser was sorting my cousin out, plus at this point I was sat having my own hair & makeup done.

My parents house became a mad house , 1 bride, 6 bridesmaids, my mum & dad, my brother, 2 videographers, 2 hairdressers, 2 photographers & flower person happened over the morning, and yet I was really calm.

My hair & mau said I was the calmest bride she'd ever dealt with, I was fairly calm but on the inside I had this nervous excited feeling going on for sure.

The morning seemed to go steady away but the last hour flew by, I'd been getting prepped downstairs all morning but went upstairs to where my dress was hanging to finish off my hair/makeup as didn't want the girls to see my tiara being fitted - I wanted them to see me complete.

It was nice to have the last hour upstairs just me & the hair/mau to be honest as there were just too

• SW84SW84 Posts: 992

It was nice to have the last hour upstairs just me & the hair/mau to be honest as there were just too many ppl in my parents house so it gave me chance to breath a bit.

As I was getting into my dress the car arrived, I looked outside & it was beautiful, but that's not all that had arrived, having grown up in a small village a handful of ppl had turned out to see me leave the house and were gathering outside my parents.

My shoes, jewellery & flowers.

I had seen a photo on Pintrest that I really wanted to do so I'd printed everything out the day before and asked SIL to sort it for me while I was finalising my hair/make up/dress, I also asked my brother to show it to h2b while he was in church waiting for me.

This is the photo - husband said to me after that it made him well up and was a nice surprise

Right so Now i'm in my dress and everyone is waiting for me downstairs.

It was a bit of a blur the girls & my dad seeing me for the 1st time as there were too many faces to take in & photographers wanted me straight into position for photos.

Just a selection of the photos taken at my parents, then its outside to the car (and more photos being taken from the ppl in the village)

At this point im just nervous & excited, the driver offers me some champagne but I thought best not haven't eaten much (due to nerves) but half way to the church my mouth is so dry and I thought I don't want to do my vows with a dry mouth so I take him up on the offer & so does dad, so he pulled over for 4/5mins & me & my dad had a glass of champers together -it was a really lovely moment that will stay with me forever that.

Then we head off again & I can see the church spire, we pull up and the videographer is filming, the photographers snapping away and its feeling very real.

My MOH helps me out of the car, my mum says goodbye & good luck and she then heads into church and its onto more photos' i'm less nervous at this point and I think it's because I don't have time to think about it as i'm being photographed here there & everywhere.

• VictoriaoVictoriao Posts: 1,536

Ah SW84 Your pictures are gorgeous. You look beautiful and so happy. Keep writing more!!!

• Lou85Lou85 Posts: 1,808 New bride

Wow, you look fab. So excited to see the rest! Love the photo idea. I can't believe that nearly all the 2014 girls are married! X

• Yay, so pleased to see your report! And such lovely photos, looking forward to seeing more! 

• Yay have been looking out for your report! You look stunning, love the dress! 

• TadpoleTadpole Posts: 2,134 New bride

Congratulations SW!! You look absolutely beautiful - seeing the dress was definitely worth the wait!! Looking forward to reading more xx

Aww thanks for your comments girls, and nice to see 'some old' faces among you

Bride - I know 2014 has flown by !!!

Right..... so where was I....

So i'm outside the church having photo's taken - even the church warden is snapping away (they have a wedding once in a blue moon so it was the event of the century for them)

The church

The boys

Just Arrived

Love this photo of me & my dad

After photos next to the car we walk to the vicar who is stood at the arch / pathway up to the church, he said the string quartet sound amazing and that the church has a fantastic atmosphere.

He starts to lead us up the path towards the church, at this point im more excited than nervous, and the videographer is filming away, the footage we've had back is lovely I'm beaming as I walk up the path with my dad.

I forgot to mention that when i'd gone to church the day before with my mum to decorate the pews ends i'd also placed some decorations outside.

So outside the arch is a wedding arrow sign, a welcome to Sara & Edoardo's Wedding sign staked into the ground half way up the path and the final lead up to the church i'd put 8 hearts on metal stakes 2 opposite each other (so 3 and 3).

As I get to this point I heard my SIL say ohhh look at the hearts, to which I remember turning around and saying yep I put them out yesterday afternoon. I think people really liked the little & final touches we had.

We also had 2 bay trees outside the church which our florist provided - everything looked beautiful on such a sunny day.

So now i'm stood in the entrance hall and while the vicar is stood in the door way the pews on my side are full and I can see the back 4 rows staring at me !!!

So at this point the vicar's talking to me - think he was re assuring me, and telling me to enjoy it, the videographer on me so is the photographer and the back 4 rows are all looking at me.

With that the vicar says lets do this and I take a deep breath & so does my dad.

He announces ' can you all be upstanding for the bride' and the string quartet start the bridal march.

Now this is the moment I was most excited about yet most nervous about and on the day I was just excited to see h2b stood at the alter and everything else faded into the background, i'd say I was a little nervous but more excited than anything.

I reminded myself to smile as it was being filmed and we start to make our way in.

No one on husbands side could see me till I was through the doors and the back 4 rows on my side had already seen me and if im being honest once I set off I didn't notice anyone other than my husband the whole way down that aisle.

Sure I could see people watching me but they were a blur of people - its only now looking back at photos and I can see who was sitting where, they literally faded into the background on the day.

As I turned the corner to walk down the main aisle I saw h2b turn & look and he looked away and said something to his best man, I remember thinking oh whats he thinking, whats he just said oh I hope he likes how I look.

It was only for a split second & he turned back and watched me the whole way, he was taken aback I could tell and he was choking back a little, on the footage all he keeps saying is wow, wow you look beautiful darling.

He since told me that he said to his bestman that it didn't look like me and he couldn't get over how beautiful I looked. In fact I think he told me that in the car over to the venue.

My SIL said that when I got to the alter my dress and veil was sparkling loads as the sun shone through the windows and that husband kept looking me up & down taking the dress / me in.

Husband welled up during his vows, and I could feel myself wanting to go at that point, I also thought great how am I going to get through mine now, I don't know how or where it came from but I delivered them calmly & confidently.

As the vicar said 'it is with great pleasure' I got a butterfly feeling of excitement knowing he was about to announce us as husband & wife.

The service was great, everyone commented on our vicar and what a great service he'd put on, I noticed half way through the service he was actually conducted it with an ipad !!!

I have to say though that while the whole day flew by the church went the quickest for me. It was a 45min service and it felt no more than 20mins, it literally flew by. I remember getting outside with husband thinking wow that's it.

Yet husband says it was the longest time, having been there a good 45mins before I arrived.

We then have the bridal exit march and walk back down the aisle to the church doors & then outside for more photos and some confetti.

Moments before we walk in.

I have no idea what were laughing at here but I love the photo.

During our vows

Just been announced as Husband & Wife - The Kiss !!

• Pig  BearPig Bear Posts: 447

Aaaawwww!! The dress, the church, just everything is so lovely!!! 

Thanks Pig Bear....

I need to get on with the rest of it as some stage, lol

x

• Ahhh SW your planning thread made the YAYW top five threads of the year...