My Xmas Winter Wedding Report

I had my wedding the day after Boxing Day & thought I would do a little report & post a few photos.

I felt remarkably calm in the morning & had managed to get some sleep the night before (which for me on any normal night is quite an achievement but amazing for the night before I got married!)

The only stress factor was the snow. It was our intention that OH & my son would get ready at his Mum's but because I was reluctant to drive myself to the hairdressers OH drove me & my daughter there & picked us up as well. So he had already seen our hair & makeup & then decided to get ready himself at home & then we had about 40 minutes to get dressed after he had left. It had taken him 25 minutes trying to get my car to the top of our road as it's on a slope & was very slippy with the snow.

Here is a picture of m ready to leave

And me

• Sally3Sally3 Posts: 380

Notice I was standing without my flowers. I was a bit disappointed with them to be honest as they had purple in them & our colours were blue, white & silver. This was them.

And some of the button holes had yellow & purple in them!

I was happy with our hair & makeup though which was good as I hadn't liked the makeup when I had had the trial & we never bothered with a hair trial.

My brother picked my daughter & me up & had kindly put some ribbon on his car. We left really early as we were both ready which was amazing as my daughter is always late & again we had to make the journey through snow.

Here we are having arrived at the venue & waiting in a room away from our guests & waiting to speak to the registrar.

And my beautiful daughter

Then we had had some proper photos with the photographer & suddenly I saw one of our guests coming into the side of the hotel where we were so I promptly hid while the photographer redirected him to where he should have been!

By the time I had had my interview with the registrar my nerves were starting to go. I had also asked OH to text me when every person who was doing a long journey to get to us arrived & I had heard nothing so I was panicking that some people were not going to be able to make it. I asked where the toilets were & it was in there that I realised that I had a nose bleed! Small cubicles, big white dress & a nose dripping with blood are not a good combination & this sent me even more into panic mode! A drop went on the train of my dress but the photographer assured me he would be able to airbrush it out of the photos! Anyway after lots of tissues I was ready to go,

My son who was an usher went in first, followed by my daughter & then me. There had been a problem with our play list in that one of the songs had somehow disappeared from it but it wasn't worth worrying about. 

I tried to see who was there but it was a very short walk although I did manage to smile at a few people & also at OH at the front.

I managed to say my vows ok but OH stumbled a little on a couple of his. Then my son & daughter did their reading & I was really proud of them, They managed to read it loudly & slowly enough for everyone to be able to hear & understand it. I panicked slightly when I realised they were sharing the sheet between them & was half expecting a tug of war over it but they did good!

Then we signed the registrar, posed for photos & then excited to Happy by Pharell Willians, I had warned everyone that I liked a bit of cheese! (I came into Bruno Mars Marry You as I wanted something upbeat to reduce the risk of me crying!)

Then it was time to grab a quick glass of fizz, receive a few hugs & congratulations & then brave the snow for some outside photographs. 

I really love this one of us both with OH's Boys & my daughter & son.

Mick & his sons

• Speccy4eyesSpeccy4eyes Posts: 2,050

What a dramatic. Day!! 

Im so glad it all worked out in the end. You look amazing... And your daughter is the picture of beauty. What a pair and what a gorgeous. Family you have

Aah thank you Speccy.

Well after we slipped & slided our way back inside I found out about some of our friends journeys! Ironically those that were coming from the north where the snow was all made it in good time but not so for those coming from the south on the M1! One friend & her husband apparently made it to the hotel at 1.45 pm but weren't in their wedding clothes so quickly dashed into some toilets to change & another family literally made it with a couple of minutes to spare & my friend tried to go to the toliet & the staff told her that there wasn't time as I was just about to make my entrance! Ha ha glad I was unaware of all this drama until afterwards!

Although everyone made it weather wise, we were 4 people down due to winter colds & vomiting viruses so that was a shame but there was nothing we could do about it.

I saw my cake for the first time & was quite pleased with it. I had been really relaxed about the cake design & had only been discussing different options with the cake lady a couple of days before the wedding. The top layer which we haven't cut yet is chocolate & the other 2 layers were plain. It was all gluten-free so that my son could also eat it.

Just a random photo of the sweet little horseshoe a friend gave me.

• Aw you look stunning in your dress! So wintery image i love the outside pics the snow adds to the effect x

I was pleased with how the staff had laid out my decorations for the room.

After we had eaten our main course of our meal I started mingling with our guests at the other tables but Mick was too nervous to as he still had his speech to do! He really isn't keen on doing speeches & I thought he would just about mange to thank everyone for coming and not even mention me but I have to say he did me proud & he bought a tear to my eye & to other people's I was told.

For about 30 minutes though before he did his speech, people kept banging their cutlery on their wine glasses to make a noise like the MC would do to wind Mick up so that he thought it was time for his speech. It was so funny & I think it actually helped Mick relax a bit! When he did it, he remembered to make a special mention about my niece who not only had come from Australia for the occasion but it was also her birthday but he did forget to thank my daughter for being my bridesmaid which we had agreed he, not the Best Man, would do. Never mind, I don't think she was even aware that someone was supposed to thank her!

After the speeches there was a very short quiet period where people were able to check into their rooms or relax in the lounge with a drink. This gave us a both to chat to lots of people & then the evening guests started arriving. 

We then cut our cake & had our first dance.

I absolutely love this photo of us having our first dance. It may not be the most flattering of photos but it does kind of sum up what an amazing & happy day we had.

Here's one of me & my son.

Thankfully his diabetes behaved itself on the day & we didn't have any dramas due to it. He also had a good selection of gluten-free food provided for him. 

Everyone seemed to really enjoy the evening. There was lots of dancing and even singing to the last dance of Hey Jude. We also had a photo booth which was great. Old & young guests had a great time in it & it provided some great photos. It took 2 lots of 3 photos so that the guests could keep one lot for themselves & one they were asked to put in our guest book with a comment which made for some lovely reading the next day.

Here a few photos of the evening.

A bit of Oops up side your head! More for the younger generation!

And a bit of Gangnam style!

Mick, me & my daughter & son

• Aww it looks like you had such a fun day!  Can't believe you have managed to get your report up so soon after your wedding!

Ha ha Victoria25 that's because whilst we are not at work, we are not actually having a honeymoon but yes we had a great day!

• Speccy4eyesSpeccy4eyes Posts: 2,050

The photobooth looks a right Laugh

• KtnRichKtnRich Posts: 227

Ahhhhh Sally3 you looked so beautiful!!! Such a lovely day and truly fab Photobooth pics, sooo pleased I nagged my fiancé to book one!!! xx