Our movie themed most amazing fantastical day!!

hi all. So the day I was most looking forward to came and went in the blink of an eye and I loved every second of it! I'll do a short report with plenty of pictures. 

The week before........

so the week before the wedding we ended up being a bridesmaid down. Hubby had a slight disagreement with a friend of ours and she decided she wasn't coming to the wedding and her daughter could no longer be bridesmaid. So annoying and rather gutting and I had just done my table plan ggggrrrr. We got that sorted and I enjoyed the last few days of planning and a rather hectic couple of days left in work lol. Good Friday we travelled home to Wales and then it was wedding week!

the day before consisted of me getting my hair done, waiting for the cake to be delivered and finally picking up my dress. Hubby was already in Swansea so it was down to mummy dearest to check everythung behind me and fan my nerves. The lady at thedress shop found it hysterical seeing my poor KA filled to the brim. 

I arrived at at the hotel all jolly and practically skipped to the reception with my dress to find a wake being held. Cue me feelng rather awkward but the family at the wake were lovely and wished us all the luck and happiness in the world! 

I was able to give hubby his present which was a watch I had saved up to buy him and he loved it! I was very pleased.

i found myself in bed by 11 and to my surprise I fell asleep very easily......only to wake an hour later. This was the theme throughout the night, waking every hour and I found myself up showered and dressed by 5:30 am. I was able to leave my mum until 6:30 but then I had to wake her. 

The Hairdresser arrived at 7:30 and the preparations began.

We were moved into the bridal suite to continue getting ready and to my surprise there were 2 bottles of champagne wih a note and a little box. Hubby had arranged for these to be brought up to me and in the box was a beautiful heart necklace. Cue my first and surprisingly only tears of the day lol.

by now all of my bridesmaids had arrived and proceeded to make me laugh all morning. My maid of honour could not understand why I wasn't nervous considering she was shaking so much on the morning of her wedding she was having spasms lol. The nerves just weren't there, I was just giddy with excitement! My maid of honour is 6 months pregnant and she was panicking looking for a dress as a replacement. She did an amazing job and I was so proud to have her by my side.

Us just before we went downstairs.

• All my bridesmaids did an amazing job and I wouldn't have had anybody else. The 4 little ones were so amazing and I was incredible proud of my one sister who is autistic. I wasn't sure she could do it but she did and loved every minute lol. 

My favourite picture!!

getting ready with my mumma. I'm so glad we had this time.

My mum and dad haven't been together for many many years and he isn't her favourite person lol however she was adamant that I spend a few minutes with him before we walked down e aisle and I am so grateful to her that she did this. It was a moment I'll treaure, I don't see my dad often and there are 5 of us so to get a moment alone is almost impossible lol.

then it was time to go. Hubby says I flew down the aisle but in my head I walked gracefully ha ha as I reached him I said I had the giggles and I really couldn't stop. The ceremony was lovely and to finally be standing there was amazing. During the readings someones phone started ringing. My mum did the 'how dare someone's phone be ringing' look before it dawned on her that it was her. Her poor face, she was mortified but we found it hysterical.

Then it was photo time. This didn't take too long and it was time for food. I was starving and he food was amazing but I wouldn't let myself eat much. I've always suffered from IBS and although I've been loads better since doing slimming world I was scared I'd have a bad tummy. That's my one regret from the day-I wish I'd eaten and allowed myself to enjoy the food.

speech time was next and my dad went first. I was expecting a quick thank you for coming and that's that  it what I got will live with me forever. My dad made me so proud and made me realise hiw much he loves me and how proud he is of me. I am actually crying writing this. The rest of the speeches were funny and emotional especially when my darling nan was mentioned but it was a fitting tribute to her.

then it was cut the cake time-which meant standing by the cake for 10 mins while everyone took photos lol 

After the cake we mingled until it was time for the first dance. Now our song is Always by Blink 182 which is an upbeat dancey song. Neither of us are particularly great dancers so we were debating whether to give everyone a laugh or not lol hubby went on a mission to find an acoustic version but we decided that if he couldn't find one we would have thinking out loud. Hubby works as a manager in a music shop and has some very talented colleagues. So we had Always......sung by my hubby! He had told me a few weeks ago that he was gong to play FIFA at one of the boys housed when really they were recording our song. It was the most amazing thing anyone has ever done for me and the song is now a cherished possession of mine! 

• The rest is going to be just photos and at the end I'll let you know who we used as each and every comany were amazing! X x 

• We then mini mooned in Swansea, Barry ISland and CArdiff lol it was great to be home with family and friends as we live away. The biggie is in August when we go to New York and the Bahamas! Can't wait!

We used-

venue- the Glyn Clydach hotel. Amazing from the start of the process right up until the end. Great old fashioned customer service and the grounds are beautiful!

decorations-swansea wedding decorators. Again amazing from start to finish. Denise really got my vision and nothing was too much trouble.

michelle Huggleston photography- professional and friendly, great with kids. Again really got my vision and can't wait to see the pics!

perfection Cardiff- I know they've not always had the best reviews but I found the great especially Kirsten.

rhiannon j alterations- great fast set ice and accommodated my need for Saturday appointments.

• Bernards ice cream tricycle- all I can say is yum! Patient with the kids and Welsh people will know only too well.......joe's ice cream! Need I say anymore lol

lilypad florist in penarth- Toni respected the fact that I wanted to keep my bouquet afterwards so used foam flowers. She incorporated my brooches into it which was very important as they were my Nan's and one was a present from my bet grind. It was beautiful.

and the cake was made by my very talented friend and was delicious!!

• SamSheerSamSheer Posts: 64

Wow what a gorgeous wedding. I would have loved to have been one of your bridesmaids.

You look so stunning in your gown, Wow wow wow.

• Mrs K!!Mrs K!! Posts: 664

You look amazing and your whole wedding looks like loads of fun!

massive congrats to you both xx

• Thank you both, it was an amazing day, well worth the wait x x 

• Wow you looked beautiful. What was your dress? I love it!

• Thank you Missstitch! It's Sincerity 3700-it's for sale if you're interested lol x x 

• KatspupsKatspups Posts: 519

It looks like you had a wonderful day, Aimee Jones2. I am so happy for you. I also love your dress, am so glad styles with more grace are coming into popularity again. The part of your report abut your dad almost made me cry too! Congrats again and thanks so much for sharing!