Rustic romance - the report

Well, yesterday I became a mrs! I thought I would start my post now before I go on honeymoon on Sunday, and hope that when I am back I will be able to post my professional pics!! 

Im not going to lie- the build up was stressful. I left so many little bits to last minute (gifts, packing etc) that we were running round the days before- i had in my mind that the eve of my wedding would be a proper pamper/ relaxing day- wrong!!! But it was all worth it in the end as my day really was perfect to me. 

Everyone said that things will go wrong and not to worry about it as no one will notice- but nothing did go wrong- it was perfect image 

here are some guest pics until my professional ones arrive image 

• Pig  BearPig Bear Posts: 447

Centrepieces

Sniffing the roses!!! 

My maids - about to leave for the church 

Transport 

My mummy and hubby 

speeches 

First dance 

centrepiece 

Venue 

Flower girl and page boy 

• MrsWPtobeMrsWPtobe Posts: 435

CONGRATULATIONS MRS PIG BEAR!! Your photos are gorgeous and I'm so glad you had such a wonderful day! I did the same as you and there were loads of the itty bitty jobs that had been left so it was stressful but i agree with you, it so didn't matter and we had an amazing day too! I'm still dying of a hangover! I didnt realise id drank so much until i was told this morning that everytime our waitresses walked past me they filled up my glass, so i thought id had about three glasses of wine when really id had much more! Cue sobbing, weepy, bride at 11pm! But im so glad you had such a lovely day and major congratulations to yu and your new husband! xxx

thank you! 

at no point did I feel drunk however I had prosseco for breakfast (too worried to eat!) more champers, pimms at our reception, more champers! Rose wine, and Malibu throughout the evening! I felt it the day after though hahaha 

when was your weddIng? 

• MrsWPtobeMrsWPtobe Posts: 435

My wedding was Thursday too, I'm still on top of the world! I was more excited than anything,  I was looking forward to having a glass of peach bellini with my lunch but didn't have time! It was the pimms that got me initially I think! My poor freshly married husbamd had to de-wedding dress me and pour me into bed! He got the last laugh when I woke up dying at 6am though! Xx

• Little JulesLittle Jules Posts: 1,538

Aw yay PigBear! Your pictures are gorgeous! Congratulations!

I am back from honeymoon image had an amazing time and now time to start my report (although no professional pics as yet) 

The days before 

We had our rehearsal 2 days before, and afterwards  all the wedding party met at the village pub for some food & drinks, and even our vicar joined us for a glass of wine! he was such a great laugh and everyone really warmed to him. 

Because I had 18 months to plan, in my mind, the day before would be completely chilled and I wouldn't have anything left to do- wrong!!! 

I was still searching for jewellery. I found a pearl set I loved from house of fraser that was in a box with a necklace and earrings and had a £99 price sign. It was gorgeous and bang on my £100 budget. I went to buy it and they said the earrings and necklace were £99 each!! I had a bridezilla moment, told them its false advertising and walked out the shop. I then couldn't find any more I liked. we looked all over and only had 2 days to go when we stumbled across a little family jewellers who were amazing. they had some plan pearl drops that weren't wow enough, and others which were £100;s. feeling defeated I went to leave but they stopped me and said they could take the diamonds off a pair of earrings that weren't selling, and attach the pearl to it, all for my budget (the unsold earrings were £349!). so I got some custom made earrings which hubby treated me to. He picked them up the day before and it was a surprise to seem them on my wedding day as I didn't know what the finished product would look like but they were perfect image

Anyway enough about jewellery! in the days leading upto the wedding we were non stop. luckily, the day before, my BM's took me to lunch, and took my shopping list off me and got everything I needed whilst I had a bath and rest, then came back over in the evening for our Pitch Perfect sleepover- complete with confetti cone stuffing, cake box making, car packing etc whilst drinking champers and eating cheese- it was a great evening! we only had about 5 hours sleep lol 

The morning of the wedding 

it was an early start as I had so many BM's to get ready lol. The girls made me tea in bed and then I downed the remainder of the prosseco! We had a laugh about dodgy tumimes (I get the runs when I am nervous lol!!) but that morning I did feel a bit dodge and had a slight panic I had caught a stomach bug but it turnt out just to be nerves lol!! 

We started getting ready at husbands nans house as she is nearby to the venue until we could get access to the venue at 11, where wet met my mum, chief BM (sister) my niece bridesmaids, flower girls and brother who walked me down the aisle. 

my photographer called saying he was running late as he had a puncture- think he forgot he used that excuse for our engagement shoot image lol but luckily our videographer was also a photographer so she captured us all getting ready (hubby specifically wanted some shots of me getting ready so really annoyed at our photographer) 

everyone was commenting on how calm I was. I think it was a mixture of denial (it felt surreal at some times) and not wanting to be late. I really wanted to be on time so hubby wasn't worrying. I didn't have a watch on me but I actually got to the church dead on time! 

Our best man popped in and dropped off my lucky sixpence and said hubby was so calm and chilled, and that they had been to Costa for a coffee about an hour ago! Lol 

After we were all ready we looked out the window and saw our campers had arrived. I got really excited then lol 

We had a few photos then all left for the church image 

I was so lucky with the weather. It was warm and sunny without being too hot. Just a perfect spring day which was exactly what I wished for. 

I thought I would be crying the whole way but I was actually just so excited! The campers pulled up to the church and I was met by my older sister with my flower girl and she was crying hysterically! that made me shed a tear but I told her to stop being silly haha!! She was trying to say "you look so beautiful" but she couldn't speak through crying bless her lol. 

our vicar met us outside and asked if I was ready. Yes!! I also noticed I had quite a few spectators outside- I learnt shortly beforehand that this is a village thing But it did feel a bit weird have strangers there watching Me ungracefully getting out the car! 

We then lined up at the aisle and the music started. In my rehearsal I was told to walk slower and savour the moment. I did this but it seems I was too slow! The organist tried to hold the end note for as long as he could but then had to stop making me and my brother giggle and shuffle down the last bit of the aisle! 

it was then my beautiful husband turned to look at me. image

• Ahhh congratulations Mrs Pig Bear! You and your husband look so happy and beautiful together, and I love your centrepieces! Can't wait to read more image

• JulyBugJulyBug Posts: 420

Congratulations!! Your photos are GORGEOUS - I love Notley Abbey, it's so stunning! That pic of you and your BMs on the steps is beautiful. image Looking forward to reading more! x

Thanka everyone image just wish I had my professional pics to go with the report!! 

I am told I will have my photos THIS WEEK image image image

Typically I am away this weekend though so hoping they arrive tomorrow or I will spend the whole weekend wanting to come home and look at them!! 

I have my photos, so on with the report! 

Here are the Photos to accompany my previous posts: (due to file sizes I had to upload from phone so excuse the black lines etc!) 

getting ready 

Arriving at church 

Sunny but quite windy at this point! 

My brother walked me down the aisle. Not sure what we are laughing about here- thibk we were discussing how slow to walk!! 

the ceremony 

well me and my brother actually walked down the aisle too slow! The organist tried to hold the end note as long as he could but there was a moment we were still walking to silence haha! 

the service was my favourite part of the day. Or vicar was so nice and laid back, we had such a laugh at the front (he messed up the words to a hymn which put us all off track, hubby shut his order of service thinking the hymn had finished but we had two versus left to go- he then couldn't find the right page hehe! And the ultimate- when we were sat at the front, his jacket button pinged off and went rolling down the aisle!! 

We were now MARRIED!! 

• KatspupsKatspups Posts: 519

You look so pretty, Pig Bear! I love the color scheme, it complements your skin tone and hair color really well. You look so happy!

I love the campers! They are so cute and such a fun changeup to the classic car usual transport. I can't wait to read/ see more image Thank you for doing a report.

Aww thanks Katspups. Need to find time to continue!! 

We received our weddimg video today. Watched it 3 times already hehe!! 

That got me thinking I am yet to get on with my report :) 

So after the church ceremony we had some group shots/ confetti throwing etc (my face in these pictures is hilarious!) and headed off to our receptive venue in the campers. It was a nice time to talk to hubby and drink our champers! 

The drive way to our venue is lovely so we stopped for some pics with the campers: 

And were then greated by the staff who had saved us some drinks and canapés- phew! 

More group photos followed. 

And before we Knew it it was time for the wedding  breakfast! 

• KatspupsKatspups Posts: 519

I love the photo of the two of you by the camper, it's SO cute! Glad you got your video back, that seems really nice and quick compared to some of the poor long-waiting brides I've seen on here. Hope you love it!

yes we love our video :) 

speeches & breakfast

we did our speeches before dinner, as hubby was so nervous I didn't want him stressing and not eating. 

all done so well. We had tears of laughter and happy tears. The best Man told my mother in law a story we had all been hiding for years which was embarrassing but she found it funny! I could hear everyone who knew the story gasping as he was about to drop the bombshell But it made for some great photos haha! (Me and hubby with our heads in our hands!) 

after the speeches we had a lovely meal of Brie parcels with a bacon and Orange salad, pork belly with apple cider mash and a apple & blueberry crumble with cream and toffee ice cream. The food was delicious and everyone commented on the pork which was nice as we were quite worried with that choice! 

We then went and had some more photos when our usher/toastmaster came running looking for us telling we had to go and cut the cake! 

imageus knowing what's coming! 

cutting the cake 

We were stood ages with the knife posing for photos and thought I guess we cut it now- so we did. Apparently not! our guests suddenly started a countdown! Oops! 

First dance 

our first dance was to stolen by dashboard. Confessionals. We really struggled to chose a song, but we grew up listening to his band throughout our early years and the lyrics and music are really nice. We didn't have lessons or anything so the dance was a standard affair! My 2 year old nephew sat in the middle of the dance floor refusing to move and was then joined by my 2 year old niece so we had to dance around them whilst they looked up at us mesmerised- it was very cute!! 

Evening 

the dance floor took a while to get going- it was still light and sunny outside, people wanted to explore the grounds and have a catch up with each other, but once it got dark everyone did start to dance much to my relief! 

I didn't see much of h2b in the evening as we were either talking to people or up dancing. But our end song was "wonderful tonight" so we had another slow dance together with all our guests. 

Our last guest left just after midnight and those of us staying overnight were given a night tipple whilst zonked on the sofa talking about what a great day we Had. We went up to bed gone 2 am! It was then we took a deep breath out and kept saying "we're married" " your my husband/wife!" 

the day after the wedding 

we had breakfast together with our closests who stayed over which was loverly, packed up our last minute bits and drove home in the rain! (We were very lucky with the weather) 

our venue gave us a little momento which was nice as its used purely for weddings so we can't really visit it again. They also saved us some of our wedding cake!! Phew! 

we were home for 2 days where we opened our lovely cards and gifts then went to St Lucia for our honeymoon- it was stunning. We visited waterfalls, made our own chocolate at hotel chocolat, did sun set cruises, spa, the lot! 

so I guess that concludes my report! I had such a lovely day and wish everyone well with their planning 

xxxxx xxxxxx 

• Aaagh I wanna do it all again!!! 

One of our guests had nominated us for a local magazine competition. 

Can ny fellow brides please vote for us here? Will be a nice treat! 

http://www.yourberksbucksoxonwedding.com/woty_vote.cfm?GI_WOTY_ID=3219

thank you xx