Our cheap and Cheerful summer 2015 wedding THE REPORT! :)

So my wedding day has been and gone and its time to do a report yayyy :) 

(having internet problems right now so wont be able to update as often as id like)

I shall start on thursday the 13th August (2 days to go!)

So thursday consisted of me doing our wedding cake and helping my then hubby to be decorate our bedroom (multi-tasking lol) that took alllllll day to do, by 11pm we were both sat in bed with a takeaway! I was getting ready for my very busy day on friday, no relaxing for this bride! 

Here's our wedding cake :)

Friday the 14th August (1 day to go!)

Up early with a busy day ahead, first stop was my sisters for my nails and stupid spray tan (never again!) that took longer than expected so put us behind schedule by about 2hrs :/ when i got back home i had all the buffet food to cook, that was a task n half! Managed to get about half done before it was time to walk my fiance down to my stepdads were he'd be staying for the night, just as we were leaving his sister and niece from Ireland turned up so we ended up roping them into helping carry all his stuff  many hands make light work!

Picked up my Moh and Flowergirl and had them help me carry all my stuff from my mums back to mine.. no time for relaxing though with the rest of the buffet food still waiting to be cooked. Finally got that all finished by about 11:30p, jumped in the shower then set about ironing the last bms dress, plugged in th iron, waited for it to heat up then started.. only went and burnt a hole in it! I could've cried  but turned the iron down and carried on, hung it up and got into bed, finally settled down and went to sleep about 1am! Slept like a baby until i woke up at 6:30am 

• Saturday the 15th August.. TODAY IS THE DAY!!!!

Morning selfie at 7:00am

Went downstairs to wake up my Moh but she was already up so we headed down into the kitchen to start chopping up all the salad and making the sandwiches, my mum and brother came round at 8am and carried on with the sandwiches while i started to fetch all the decorations, gifts and other food down out of the attic.

It was just waiting for my hubby to be and his best man to come with the cavalry to help take everything up to the golf club and get everything set up. Got it all done and sorted and i was back home by just after 12pm.. heres a couple of pics of the venue decorated.

Time to get ready!!

My mums friends from Birmingham had arrived, they were driving me and my stepdad to the Reg office and then me and Chris from the Reg office to the Golf club.. i'd personally never met them before so was nice meeting them 

Then my bridesmaids started arriving and we started getting ready..

And my Nephew in his suit 

The photographer arrived to take a couple of snaps of my flowers..

Then he whizzed off to take some pics of the guys getting ready before he came back to take some of me!

Chris's cufflinks 

My stepdad doing Chris's cravat..

Chris pinning on my stepdads buttonhole..

My Brother, Step brother and Stepson

• My turn!!  

I really wanted a 'first look' photo so nobody was allowed to help me get my dress on except my mum and her friend.

Then it was time to go downstairs 

I felt like a princess!!

Almost time to leave.. Eeeek  The bridesmaids all called for taxis and started to leave, the last one took ages and they ended up having to call for another one! That meant i was hanging around all nervous until they left lol seemed like forever!

Finally the last of the bridesmaids left and i got into the car with my Stepdad... I was fine all the way into town (about a 15 min drive) until i saw the Reg office come into view then my heart was in my mouth lol OMG i was about to get married!

• A quick snap outside the Town Hall with my Stepdad before we went in..

Once we were in the side room i went in for my mini interview with the Registrar, she asked if i was nervous and i actually wasnt at all, but then on the way out i fell into the door! Lol whoops haha..

All ready to make my entrance!!

A pic of Chris and his Best man while waiting for me, no idea what they were plotting! Lol

Ceremony time!

Chris's face when he saw me, he looks abit surprised lol yes i do scrub up well! Haha

Getting the rings 

His vows to me..

My vows to him..

You may kiss the bride!!!

Finally Mr & Mrs Walker  its only taken us 7yrs! Lol

• JolaJola Posts: 23

What a fantastic pictures!!! Your photographer is awesome! And you had such a beautiful makeup! Aaaah...

I absolutely love your wedding rings :) :) :)

• Thank you Jola  i did my makeup myself too so its nice to receive good comments about it  

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • We exited to Queen - your my best friend 

Then it was time for a few quick shots outside the reg office before we shoot off to the Golf club!

Confetti 

Group shot..

We managed to get a few seconds to ourselves to chat about what had just happened (and kiss evidently lol)

One of me  i really like this photo..

Off the the reception we go!

• Once we got to the reception we had a chance to greet all our guests and get a well needed alcoholic drink! Lol then it was off for a couple of posed photos..

We went back inside for the speeches after those as Chris's Best Man had to leave early.. it was nice to hear what people thought about us 

After the speeches it was time to hand out the gifts, i passed them to chris as he called out peoples names, after the last one he thought he was done but noooo i had a gift for him 

It was Lovers stars certificate, 2 stars up there side by side, one named after him and one named after me in my married name.. He absolutely loved it!! He must have spent about about an hour going round everyone flashing it off bless him lol he felt abit guilty though because he didnt get me a gift but it was ok, all i wanted was him 

We had and hour or 2 to mingle and have fun.. here are some of the photos from the Selfie booth and stuff..

My Stepdad 

Fancied himself as Dame Edna Everage for the night lol

My Flowergirl

My gorgeous little Pageboy (my 3yr old Nephew) with his shirt untucked lol

Me and one of our Witnesses, ive known her since i was about 3 or 4yrs old 

This was the rockers table haha

Even the photographer had a photo with them at one point coz he loves rock music too lol

• The photographer wanted to wait for sunset to take all our posed family shots, here's some of those.. please excuse the state of my hair in these pics, it was about 3hrs into the reception and my veil was long gone coz it was annoying me lol

My old school friend far left hand side then my mums 2 friends from birmingham, then our witness and her partner, then my mum and sisters boyfriends on the end.

Me and my bridesmaids..

Me and my Maid of honour..

With my new In-laws..

With my mum..

With my stepdad..

Photobombing my my mum and her boyfriend lol..

• A few of just us..

And one of me with my beautiful Nephew Levi 

• Only have the first dance and cake cutting left.. awww 

Nevermind, on with the show!!

Our first dance to Ed Sheeran - Thinking out loud 

People joined in near the end yayy 

Our father daughter dance to guns n roses - sweet child o mine..

And finally cutting the cake!

And so here we are at the end.. All done..

It was a brilliant day even if a lot of people didnt come, the people who did come mean more to us than anything.

We were packed up and at home in bed by half past midnight, we opened our cards and gifts and chatted about the day. Blissfully in love 

• Karen29Karen29 Posts: 47

Lovely photos, looks like you had a wonderful day, have loved reading your thread whilst on the run-up to my day next sat.  Congratulations xx 😍😍😍😍👰👰👰❤️❤️🍹🍹🍹

• Thank you Karen.. Have a fab day on saturday! X

• Congratulations!  

• Congratulations! Gorgeous pics :) x

• Thank you