Our Scottish Castle March 2016 Wedding - The Report!

• MrsLjCMrsLjC Posts: 1,201 New bride

Aww Memza I love all your photos and love how happy you both look! 

• Jenni8Jenni8 Posts: 3,202

All stunning - you look so happy  I love your beach bag!! 

• NennypennyNennypenny Posts: 151

Memza you are such a beautiful and happy bride! The pictures are amazing, the venue is stunning and you really did get the weather for it.

Love all your bits and bobs for the honeymoon, its nice having that break between so you can prepare yourself.

Can't wait to hear the rest of the report :-)

• MrsJ2be2017MrsJ2be2017 Posts: 72

Memza what a truly amazing day with amazing photos and of course you looked absolutely beautiful ekkk!

• Charlotte237Charlotte237 Posts: 273 New bride

WOW!! Have just read through all this thread and LOVE the photos of you laughing in the ceremony - absolutely lovely!

Loverly report and photos - tell us more!

And congratulations :) 

• Memza89xMemza89x Posts: 1,534 New bride

The car journey from the castle to the hotel was about 25 mins and we enjoyed some bubbly that was waiting for us in the car and talked about how funny it was that we were finally husband and wife and I was now a "Mrs"

We arrived at the hotel and it was as though we were celebrities with paparazzi waiting for us! Everyone was cheering with their cameras and phones ready

I like how we have both angles of this photo (not the most flattering but fun!)

imageimage

We were greeted with a drink and went in to mingle with our guests before the speeches and meal.

Here's me with one of my besties

Some of our friends in the bar area

soon it was time to be piped in to our meal which was exciting! more cheering and feeling like celebrities! (And wow if its even possible more Ultimate Cheesy face from me)

imageimage

I had asked the piper to do a Rangers FC song as a surprise for Derek, it took him a while to actually notice though with everything else going on, I was like "Babe, listen, listen to what he's playing!" Haha

• MichBee2BMichBee2B Posts: 726

Ah Memza I LOVE this! What an absolutely amazing day. Can't wait to see the rest. You look gorgeous - well worth being a bit late for.

i also love your amazingly happy face! I have a feeling that I will be exactly the same - either mahoosive grin or ugly crying face. Pretty sure there'll be no in between. 

Love the blue and coral together too - just gorgeous. Everything is gorgeous!

Thanks Mich!

Sorry about the delay I've been so busy/tired trying to lose some weight for our honeymoon so gym most nights!

Some decor around the hotel...

Now here you will see a chunk of the DIY jobs doing over the past 18 months! 

I'm a sucker for my quote signs (as is my mum) and Derek has never been a huge fan. However, I have managed to smuggle them into the house haha - my excuse being that they were part of our big day

The table plan - now I didn't glitter the mirror but I did make up my own little cards for the seating plan

The wedding breakfast room

imageimage

Our centrepieces were exactly as I'd pictured so I was really pleased. I bought all the bits and bobs myself and glittered the jars but the florist dressed them for us

We named the tables after places that meant something to us - Princes Street Gardens of course where Mr H proposed to me back in 2013!

imageimage

These little cards were quotes about tree slices, they read:

"A tree slice represents a moment in time where you reflect on where you came from, where you are and where you’re going. The rings gently spiral out from the centre and journal every moment in your history together ~ the knots where your relationship became stronger ~ the tiny cracks where you learned how to be apart and mend what was weak ~ the imperfections which give your relationship character and life."

imageimageimage

These glasses were were a big task for me but I'm so glad I did them. I bought them all plain, double layer glittered them, top coated them to make them waterproof before finishing them off with personalised ribbon with our names and wedding date on and a little wooden heart with each guests name on it. These were decor, favour and place settings!image

and one of my favourite pieces of decor made by my lovely auntie who also made the wooden place hearts - these wooden plaques were on every table featuring photos of us throughout our relationship along with favourite love, marriage and friendship quotes. Some people may think "that's very vein and in your face" and I did think about that, then I thought "Nah, it's our wedding, when else would we do it?"

imageimageimageimageimage

Our cake - not the most extravagent but from the moment I started prioritising things cake went at the bottom. At the end of the day it was a small part of the wedding and we have the toppers as a keepsake. Maybe if we had more money to splurge we would've went for a 5 tier multi-flavoured (although heavily red velvet) choccywoccydoodah cake! But this was perfect for us...

I had the glitter topper custom made and the little Lego people were dresses similar to us. I even made Derek a mini Rangers FC tartan kilt which was soooo cute haha

I absolutely love the miss piggy roses that are on the cake, centrepieces and bouquets I just think they are so pretty and went so well with the rest of the wedding

After being piped in we is the "dram" with the piper and sat down for the speeches

To be honest, I can't overly remember much of the speeches they were another quick blur. I do remember crying and laughing my head off though! I guess we will have to wait for the video to find out

My Daddy making me cry (again)

Dereks speech

My Mumsy clearly enjoying herself

Derek chose to name everyone "Best Men" as they are all very important to us. Only two of the guys gave speeches as the closest friends. This chap has probably been Derek's closest friend throughout his teenage/adult life. We didn't always get on in the past but he has turned into such a nice guy and become part of the family. Most importantly I know he would do anything for Derek.

imageimageimage

Our "Best Man" - Derek's childhood best friend, who I actually went to high school with and met years before I met Derek. He is a great guy and is more like a brother to us. I count on him as the friend that will make sure Derek is safe on nights out etc.!

imageimage

• Kitten2014Kitten2014 Posts: 1,489

The reception pictures are a riot! I love the various looks on everyone's faces - hysterically laughing, crying emotionally, having that "that is SO him!" (or her) look.

Having a glance at the table pictures in the frames - you were blonde, weren't you! You are quite the colour chameleon! (I just went brunette myself and love your shade.)

I know I love the reactions to the speeches they are fab photos!

And yes indeeders I have been "blonde" twice over the past 10 years - when I was about 18 and having a bit of a diva Paris Hilton phase and more recently last year. I've never quite looked genuine blonde though since I have naturally dark brown hair, dark eyebrows and greeny brown eyes haha - this was how blonde I was last year (excuse the roots!)

Although my natural colour is very similar to the shade I have in the wedding photos! I've also had blonde panels and reddish brown hair over past couple of years. I get very bored and have a young face so always feel the need to change the colour since I refuse to cut it haha

Hello again girlies! I've just realised that I never posted the rest of the meal and evening photos! A few months later, (Apologies!), here they are...

So not sure if I mentioned this before but the boys have what they call their "mascot" - Wilson (yes Wilson from castaway was the inspiration!) I have no idea why but it seems to appear everywhere. I was adamant that Wilson would not be at the wedding...

However after a few proseccos I was game and sure enough he ended up with us on the top table

The guys posed for a photo outside the hotel with their cigars before the evening guests arrived

Once the evening guests had arrived it was time to cut the cake

imageimage

and have our first dance as Mr & Mrs Hutchison. Our first dance was Coldplay - Yellow. Not the most obvious first dance song but we love it. We chose the song because Derek had heard it so much the week that he proposed and I love the words. I even had the first line of the song hand painted onto my wedding shoes

imageimageimage

after everyone joined we had a second song - "You're My Best Friend" by Queen. Sounds cheesy I know but we really are best friends. Yes I have amazing girlfriends but I feel so lucky to share so many amazing moments with Derek and he knows me inside out. This was a good upbeat song and everyone enjoyed it. I love this photo of my MOH spinning the Best Man

imageimage

I'm really close with both my mum and dad but am a complete daddy's girl and always knew we would have a father-daughter dance. We chose "My Girl" by The Temptations which is one of my favourite songs ever and my dad and I both thought of it before any other songs.

Another chance for me to cry like a baby

imageimageimage

And then the party began!

imageimageimageimage

Our dads dancing, they crack me up!

And this is a photo of all my besties!

Oh and I almost forgot - the bouquet toss...

I had a real flower one made up rather than throwing mine - having made it myself from brooches I imagined the "lucky" lady wouldn't be so lucky with a concussion 

My friend (in the brown dress) caught it, although I think my mum could've taken her (left) hahaha

We had a little candy buffet

and a lovely guestbook table which we unfortunately don't have a photo of yet!

We also had a photobooth which I'm so glad we got - it was a riot and the photos/comments in the guestbook are hilarious! 

imageimageimageimageimage

My plan is to print them all out and make a collage to put on the wall. Haven't received my album yet (I took a while to choose the photos!) and still waiting on the wedding video but I will post the highlights when I get them, I'm so excited to see it!

We have since had our belated honeymoon to Cyprus which was amazing and are now looking to what the future holds... Hopefully a mini Memza or Derek... but we shall see!

I hope you've all enjoyed reading my threads

I will be hanging around to see the rest of my lovely fellow b2bs finish their journeys to their big days and will pop on if I have any news as I've loved being on here.

Lots of love and luck to you all and I hope that your big days are as special as mine was! xxxx

• MichBee2BMichBee2B Posts: 726

Ah Memza they are lovely photos! It looks like such a fun day. Glad to hear you've not forgotten about us just yet! xx

• MrsJ2017MrsJ2017 Posts: 3,017

I didnt read your planning thread but I love a good wedding report! You look absolutely gorgeous and your happy cheesy face is just so adorable, I was smiling the whole time looking at your photos.

I love the first dance photos, youre both so clearly in love.

MichBee2B - no definitely haven't forgotten about you girlies! I really need to catch up on all the threads though, been so busy (As if wedding planning didn't take over my life already!) hope you are doing well though

MrsJohnstonToBe - thank you so much that's lovely to hear we are very much in love and very happy! It was an amazing day that just went too fast!

• MrsLMTMrsLMT Posts: 3,830

Love your wedding report. I'm a March 2018 bride and can not wait for the day to arrive. 

• lubeslubes Posts: 1,555

Memza!!! I literally just found this! I am so pleased you posted the rest! I still think you look so beautiful and wonderfully happy! It looks like you had such a fun day! Wishing you and Derek lots of luck and love for a visit from the stalk soon  x

Thanks so much Lubes! You looked amazing also! How are you getting on now? No mini Pal in the pipeline ? X

• lubeslubes Posts: 1,555
    Memza89x wrote (see post):

Thanks so much Lubes! You looked amazing also! How are you getting on now? No mini Pal in the pipeline ? X

I'm okay! Trying to fill the wedding planning gap in my life! Aren't we all? 😜 Well, I think Mr Pal would go for it now, but I haven't learnt how to be responsible yet - I'm at about the 'responsi' stage  😂  

I am well excited for this video too! x

I know the feeling Lubes, it's a bit crappy isn't it! What's your next project? My key is always finding a new focus or revisiting a previous focus - hence I am awaiting the stork! Hopefully it will appear soon haha

That's good Lubes, maybe next year you will add the "ble" to your "responsi"  that would be exciting for us all! At least we still have this! I can see me in 10 years time still clinging on to my big day making comments on people's threads "when I got married on 2016 I did this" 😂 

I can't wait for my video! Did you have your wedding video'd? X

I've just remembered you're a teacher also Lubes. You remind me of my SIL - another Louise! - mother of my niece and a teacher for about 10 years yet when my cousin asks her to keep an eye on her baby while she's at the shops Louise replies "It's all good, Emma works in a nursery" 😂

Ahhhh so I'm really excited - just got our wedding video highlights and I love them and can't wait to see the whole thing! Our amazing videographer was Geoff Baxter at Watch The Birdie who is based in St Andrews. So glad I chose him as he was lovely and soooo good at what he does. If anyone is having doubts about having a videographer I can't recommend him enough!

Here it is the link if you would like a peek! 

https://vimeo.com/180282702

☺️😁👏🏽