My March 2017 blush wedding: the report!

Well I've been fairly bad at getting round to doing this but if I start the thread it means I'll make a start!

But first and foremost I'll make the following declarations:

1. I genuinely had the best day of my life. 

2. I don't think I could have felt any more joyful.

3. I literally couldn't get over it / move on from my wedding / stop wishing to have the chance to just go relive it all again for genuinely like the first month. Honestly me and mr H couldn't stop harping on about it, but neither could our family! 

4. Man, there was a lot of cake. Which in retrospect we missed as we were immediately off on honeymoon! 

So here goes....

• MrsLMTMrsLMT Posts: 3,830

Yay!! Been waiting for your report! 

• Yay finally!! So excited 😀

• MrsMannMrsMann Posts: 757 New bride

Yaaaay I am so excited! I have been regularly checking for this!!!

• MrsNH17MrsNH17 Posts: 572 New bride

wedding minus 3 days

my wedding was on the Saturday and I finished on the Tuesday which gave me 3 days to beautify myself! 

Wednesday was relatively relaxing - I had my eyelashes tinted and my eyebrows HD'd so was feeling pretty good before heading to pick up my dress.

Putting on my dress for the final time in the bridal shop was a big moment. I went alone to make it so it had been a bit of a gap for anyone seeing it. Putting it on for that last "try on" I just loved it - I'd never stopper loving my dress but had got worried about it fitting but it was just perfect.

I took it home to hang in our spare room, at which point I got super pissed off trying to carry it in and hang it up by myself lol 😂😂 the weather was shit and I'd banned anyone from seeing it.

wedding minus 2 days

Thursday  was about a genuine chilling day. I can't actually remember much of what we did if I'm honest so let's just assume I had a nice time! 

During this week I was sleeping fine, no wedding worries as such and getting well excited for the big day! 

• HailsHails Posts: 2,455

Wool!!!

• SammykateSammykate Posts: 3,838 New bride

I'm excited to hear about the cake ;)

Ha ha thanks everyone! I'm glad it's welcome since I'm about to massively indulge myself here!!!

wedding minus one day

Ah Friday. Could you have pissed it down any more if you'd tried? 

This day was going to annoy me from the start. It was chucking it down, gloomy grey and cold. It did not bode well for wedding weather. It did not bode well for the nice blow dry I was going to have later that day. It did not bode well for a hot and hassled bride to be not being able to see where she was going under the hood of her giant parka due to excessive rain. 

The day started reasonably well with me having my fake eyelashes applied where I took a little snooze as it was rather relaxing! I also had a lovely manicure (hmm no pics of this but went for a natural pale pink so very soft and natural).

I then bobbed back home for a spot of lunch and reminded Mr H he needed to label up all the wedding stuff which was already boxed and brought downstairs (it was in the same room as wedding dress until that point). I then dashed off for my blow dry.

Big bouncy blow dry accomplished I headed back out into the rain which rendered my hair do pointless. It was then I wished I'd maybe done the lashes and manicure a day earlier, as it was late afternoon and I now had to do the run to the venue with all our stuff. Also Mr H had not finished his jobs and we needed to go to supermarket and other bits and pieces before going to the venue. Queue some annoyance from me!!

i phoned my parents and asked them to help me do a venue run whilst I despatched Mr H to do the jobs he should have been getting on with that day. We got to the venue and I checked in and we started loading stuff from the car into the hotel - this was a bit stressful as it was chucking it down and I was getting really hot and wet and cross! Also there was a wedding on and I didn't want to get in the way (although they didn't have exclusive use). 

• MrsJ2017MrsJ2017 Posts: 3,017

Woohoo! I do love reports 😁

So after dropping the majority of the stuff at the venue I headed back home to pack up the rest of our stuff for me and Mr H to now go back to the venue to stay the night.

I was getting a bit stressed about evening plans as we were being asked what we were doing for a meal etc and I was feeling a bit like I wanted to just hole up in the room rather than organising anything for anyone. Eventually we settled on an "everyone head to the pub and we will see you when we see you" scenario.

in the end we ended up at the pub near our venue with a group of us, where we had a nice pub tea and it actually did help me relax a lot, although I did want to be back to the hotel earlier than we actually ended up being there. I think we got back about 10ish maybe, where we said hello  to some friends of mine and then headed up to bed. As mentioned on my planning thread we'd chosen to stay together that night.

well I had the worst nights sleep ever! I could not sleep at all. I think in part the noise from people leaving the wedding that was on might have kept me awake for a bit, but I honestly feel like I clocked watched the entire night! I remember at 3.30 thinking oh god I'm going to look dreadful! I was surprised because I'd had no trouble sleeping any other night but I simply could not sleep at all that night! 

• Looking forward to the next instalment!x

• Ah I'm so excited to see more beautiful pictures! Looking forward to the rest of your report x

I definitely think I'll struggle to sleep the night before. Did you manage to get any?! 

• I worry about not sleeping the night before, but pretty certain with the lack of sleep I get now, I will be used to no sleep by then

Can't wait to hear more.

Hails wrote (see post):

I definitely think I'll struggle to sleep the night before. Did you manage to get any?! 

Hails I'd say I got very little - couple of hours in total?!?

Wedding Day!

So I didn't wake up as such, I was more in and out of the odd bit of sleep but knowing the BMs were coming at 7am with the hair and make up lady I decided to get up and start my Jo Malone-ing! 

Mr H was still in bed at this point fast asleep. 

I took a shower and smothered myself in products before drying off and waking up Mr H. It was about 6.45am at this point and Mr H was going to have some breakfast and then head back to our house to get ready. 

It was at this point I gave Mr H his presents to take home and open at home. Mr H was a bit shocked and didn't know what to do, but a quick kiss and a few squeals of see you at the altar (we werent getting married in church but hey that's semantics) and he was ushered out, at which point my lovely bridesmaid and school friend since we were 4 years old arrived.

I also snuck a look at outside - dry and the start of some sunshine! 

(Professional pic from the drive up to my wedding, taken by my photographer, the amazing holly from Belle & Beau photography. Where possibly I'll say which are professional pics and which are guest pics). 

• MrsLMTMrsLMT Posts: 3,830

Eek! The venue looks gorgeous xxx

Getting ready was quite relaxing. I was pretty chilled at this point as I didn't have much to do. 

we started off with me and the three bridesmaids, who happily donned their cheapie Asda bridesmaid dressing gowns! (Own pic)

I busied around making drinks whilst the girls got their hair and make up done (some professional pics)

My mum also arrived and a little later so did my two mini BMs. Also during the morning the flowers were delivered, which I was very excited about! At that point I only saw the bouquets and buttonholes.

imageimage 

Beautiful flowers.

• EpiphanyEpiphany Posts: 718

Oh I'm so glad you are doing a report!

Lovely flowers!

• MrsMannMrsMann Posts: 757 New bride

Wow the flowers are gorgeous!

• PottyPotty Posts: 523 New bride

Yay!  I love reports!  Beautiful flowers!!!

Married September 2018, Baby due October 2019.  
  • LittlespiceLittlespice Posts: 665

The flowers are so classy! I love the BMs up hair too 

• MrsRoseGHMrsRoseGH Posts: 193

Loving this so far! The flowers are sooo pretty. Perfect for Spring.

More more more!

• August18August18 Posts: 247

So beautiful cant wait to hear more xx

thanks all! our florist was amazing, her name is Sally and her company is Serendipity Floral Design. Whilst I was getting ready, Sally was off decorating other parts of the venue and the team at Wood Hall were busy getting the ceremony room ready (all professional pics from Belle & Beau photography):

(you can see our harpist in the top corner, more on that later!)

Meanwhile the girls, my mum and I continued in hair and make up, having breakfast and generally getting quite excited for the day ahead.

Mr H had also text me as he had opened his presents and couldn't believe what I had got him (A TAG watch he'd had his eye on, some mulberry cufflinks in our wedding colours and a photobook, with pictures of all our special moments with a poem all the way through leading up to me saying how much I was looking forward to saying I do). He had asked if he could call and of course I said he could - we weren't going very traditional anyway!

After a lovely excitable conversation with Mr H, I told him to get on with getting ready and decided to move my dress and shoes into the other room we had for the morning where my parents would be staying as it was hung up very near to where the hairdresser was going hair. (we'd decided to do make up in the big bathroom in this other room as it had the best light!)

In the end, I completely forgot to use the seperate hangers I bought - oops!

During the course of the morning getting ready Mr H's two daughters arrived, who were my little BM's! They were so excited and absolutely loved getting their hair done. I am undecided about whether I will feature their photos here because although Mr H is fine with it, I feel I'd want to check with their mum, but here are a few snaps of them getting ready where its fine enough to show them!

They were super lovely the whole morning and actually their excitement really added to my own excitement, It also made it really special to have them there with me in the morning - they could not wait to see my in my dress!

The grown up BM's were nearly ready too in terms of hair and make up, so were able to help with getting the girls ready. And then it was time for my hair to be done (with some sneak peaks of the back of my dress as I only have mine once I was dressed)!

• LucykinsLucykins Posts: 701

Your hair and the back of your dress look gorgeous! Looking forward to seeing more :)

Absolutely stunning!