โ€บ

THE REPORT - Our barn wedding March 2017

• MrsNH17MrsNH17 Posts: 524 New bride

Oh so so lovely! ๐Ÿ’—

• Jenni8Jenni8 Posts: 3,201

Nikki I am loving how detailed your report is - worth the wait. You honestly look sooo stunning, tall and graceful  Your David looks handsome too, and how sweet that he welled up xx

• MrsLMTMrsLMT Posts: 3,830

Aww! Your report is lovely to read. I love the last photo of the two of you! 

I've told my dad and B that I expect tears! Lol. 

• NikkiMNikkiM Posts: 1,651 New bride

I showed my mum the wedding photos today and played the wedding breakfast song list whilst we watched the photos on the tv. I actually got quite emotional. I can't help looking at the photos, which is why I post so many with my report. I just love them!

• MrsJ2017MrsJ2017 Posts: 3,017

I love all the pictures and all the detail youve gone into, makes it such a good read.

I dont think Ive commented since the first post, but Ive just been silently, wistfully reading and oohinh and ahhing over the pics.

Your hubby is so smiley, I thought it was so cute to see the pic where he looks really worried.

You look so flawless, I cant even pick one thing, everything about the whole look is perfect and beautiful.

• HailsHails Posts: 2,455

Really looking forward to reading more! 

• SpacepuffinSpacepuffin Posts: 664

Gorgeous, gorgeous ceremony. You must be so pleased that it all came together so well. Looking forward to seeing the rest. X

• JulyBride4JulyBride4 Posts: 172

Oh Nikki the detail in your report is amazing!!  You look so beautiful - your happiness really shines through in the photos, and the photos of your husband waiting for you are so lovely.  I'm also glad you got your photo with putting your shoes on as I think I recall you saying on your planning thread that that was a photo you really wanted?  

I don't know if it's because we're getting married at Dodford too, but I got seriously emotional reading your build up to the ceremony.  Can't wait to read more (and probably pick your brains for any Dodford-related tips you can give 

• August18August18 Posts: 247

this is all so beautiful!! you looked amazing, your photographer has done a great job and i cant wait for more!!! 

xx

Thanks everyone. I've really enjoyed doing the report. It's a lovely way of reminding yourself about the day and what happened. I would love to do it all over again!

• Little JulesLittle Jules Posts: 1,538

Your photos are gorgeous!

It was such a lovely ceremony and me and David looked at each other the whole time. Probably the most amount of time I've spent looking at him! ๐Ÿ˜‚ David was then told he could kiss the bride and we happily had a little smooch. I absolutely love these photos. ๐Ÿ˜Š

We signed the register and then everyone was invited to come and take our photos. It was a little bit like being a celebrity as we had to smile for every single camera. Lots of people wanted a photo of us so get ready for that little treat!

The registrar then said she was giving the certificates to the person in charge in the relationship and handed them to me, which prompted me to wave it in the air like a trophy. Cue more laughter from the guests. She was absolutely right too! 

We then stood at the top of the aisle for a few seconds just to take it all in and I never expected to see so many people there for us. It filled both levels of the ceremony room. It was so lovely that all these people had taken the time off work to come and spend the day with us. We walked down the aisle with confetti being chucked all over us. We didn't really get the 'confetti shot' as the confetti throwing was quite spaced out as we walked down the aisle. But I think you can tell we look quite happy!

And with that we were whisked off to the bridal room for a drink and a few minutes alone. This is the final photo of my dress before we went into the room. I quite like it. 

• LittlespiceLittlespice Posts: 665

This is a lovely report Nikki! You look stunning and the shape of your bouquet is perfect. I'm so pleased it went well for you!

Drinks reception

I can't remember what me and David spoke about for the few minutes we had alone. I know we were both desperate for a drink so we both downed our glasses of prosecco pretty quickly. I think we spoke about the ceremony and the lead up to it but that was it. There was a lot of excited rambling from us both and a bit of disbelief that we were finally married!

It was nice to have a little breather together as I was aware that many people have said they didn't really spend any time with their new husbands on their wedding day. I made sure that didn't happen as did David so we actually spent quite a bIt of time together during the day, including when David surprised us all with his dancing later in the evening! More about that later on though.

We then went and joined everyone else. It was here I did all of my welcoming everyone so I wouldn't have to worry too much about seeing everyone later in the evening when I was likely to be dancing like a mad woman. It was so lovely to hear all the comments about how people loved my dress and how beautiful I looked. My cheeks were aching from all the smiling I was doing. The dress was a massive hit! And this was the dress I thought I hated earlier in the year! Shows how much a well fitted dress changes your opinion!

All the women heard about my Choos so they got flashed about quite a bit too! This is also the best place to get yourself de-confetti'd before the group shots take place so make sure you have a maid of honour/bridesmaid on hand to get it sorted pretty quickly!

David came up to me about 10 mins after the drinks reception started looking worried and said we haven't got enough alcohol! They're drinking so much so quickly! ๐Ÿ˜‚ Turns out we had too much in the end. I did tell him there was no way 200 bottles of beer and 48 bottles of prosecco had been drunk within 10 minutes but he wasn't reassured.

Mango, the acoustic duo, then announced to everyone that David had asked to them to play a song as he didn't get much input into the ceremony songs (liar!). He'd asked for their most depressing song so they played No Surprises by Radiohead. See this is why David couldn't be left in charge of the music for the day!

My friend who brought her kids with her (she was allowed) asked if the boys could chuck some confetti over me as they didn't get a chance to before so I had to crouch down on the floor and get sprinkled with all sorts! It was the first photo I saw on Facebook of me on the day. I looked so happy!

Nikki could i possible see a close up of your earrings? Are they jon Richard?

• The new Mrs PThe new Mrs P Posts: 560

I love you first kiss photo! Really enjoying reading your report :)

Hails wrote (see post):

Nikki could i possible see a close up of your earrings? Are they jon Richard?

Of course. I got them from Debenhams in the Jon Richard/Alan Hannah Devoted section. Paid around £25 for them.

Oh my! I was admiring them in your pics and thinking actually they look familiar. Yesterday my mum came round with the exact same pair and said she'd seen them in Debenhams and thought I would like the pearl detail! So it's really helpful for me to see them with a wedding dress! I had previously bought some from qvc but my mum surprised me and I think I prefer them, how funny! Great taste!

Professional photo time! 

We all got gathered up for the group photos, which the photographers and best man did a good job of getting it done quickly. Some of the group shots ended up with more people than we had wanted but to be honest these are the photos that I'm not likely to look at again. We probably took half an hour with the group shots. I was worried it would take longer and I'd miss out on the prosecco but there was no need to worry. There was plenty of time for prosecco afterwards! I won't post too many group shots as I'm going to fill up my thread with the 'romantic shots' of me and David, which are easily some of my favourite photos from the day.

My mum and dad...

The bridal party...

My favourite ladies...

Hails wrote (see post):

Oh my! I was admiring them in your pics and thinking actually they look familiar. Yesterday my mum came round with the exact same pair and said she'd seen them in Debenhams and thought I would like the pearl detail! So it's really helpful for me to see them with a wedding dress! I had previously bought some from qvc but my mum surprised me and I think I prefer them, how funny! Great taste!

Definitely great taste! The earrings are beautiful. They stand out just enough to be seen but not too much to be over the top. 

• Dora3Dora3 Posts: 1,218

Love love loving this! You are a beautiful bride! Your report is a great read and makes me want more, however also don't want it to end lol x

We had sent the photographers some example shots of photos we'd like to replicate but me and David are just not like the posey, romantic models they use. We found we laughed quite a bit, which captured us as a couple perfectly. The funniest shot we had was when David attempted to lift me up based on a photo I had seen on Pinterest. We couldn't stop laughing and all David kept saying was I'm going to drop her, she's too heavy! He later tells me it was because he couldn't hold me properly because there was too much dress in the way.

There are more 'romantic shots' too but some of these were taken during dinner and in the evening so I'll add them in once I get to those parts of the report. 

I love this one...

• SarahC2016SarahC2016 Posts: 396 New bride

Adore this thread! All the detail makes me very nostalgic for my own wedding. Stunning photography! 

• Emma593Emma593 Posts: 128

Hi Nikki,

Your wedding looks amazing - especially your dress. I haven't been on the wedding forums for a while and I am a little behind on your wedding planning thread but planning to read it on my lunch today. My wedding is only in 26 days and reading your report last night made me quite teary. We also have managed to secure Zoltan to do our wedding video this month. I'm so glad to hear that the video came out well. Do you have a link to where he has posted it?

P.S. did you make your biscuit favours?

• Giraffe888Giraffe888 Posts: 678

Your wedding looks amazing and you look stunning! What was your dress? X

• MrsLMTMrsLMT Posts: 3,830

Nikki you look beautiful! I've loved reading your report x

• SammykateSammykate Posts: 3,600 New bride

I love your couples photos!! They are so much more beautiful for the fact you are laughing and relaxed rather than really posed. Your dress looks sooooooo pretty from the back!!

• PottyPotty Posts: 513 New bride

I have just caught up on your report and wow!!!  The letters to the bride is such a lovely thoughtful idea, I welled up reading it.  You look stunning, and I think in the photo with your sister (who is also soo pretty) pulling the confetti from your hair, you really look like Kate Middleton.  Can't wait to read more!!! x

Married September 2018, Baby due October 2019.  

Emma593 - I'll be posting a link to the video on here once I've finished the thread. I'm not sure if Zoltan has posted it anywhere else yet. And yes we did make the wedding favours. Or at least my sister did the majority and I stuck the pearls on and put them in the bags. She was quite picky about making sure they looked just right.

Sawreybride - it's a Mori Lee 5404 with a Donna Salado jacket. The professional photo of the dress doesn't do it justice. It's just a beautiful dress in person and so light and floaty. 

Wedding breakfast

After the photos and drinks reception, my little nephew went home with his dad and we got called in for the wedding breakfast. This was another time where me and David were able to enjoy a few moments alone whilst everyone went to their seats. There's just so much to talk about during the day!

This was the moment David was waiting for with his 'entrance song' - Eye of the Tiger. Gareth, the best man, announced us and there was so much clapping and cheering neither of us could really hear the song playing. Such a shame! ๐Ÿ˜ฌ David kept saying we need to wait for a certain beat but we didn't hear it so I had to drag him down to the tables. Otherwise we would have looked weird just waiting whilst everyone clapped. I have to say I'm a little glad no one heard it although those that knew about the entrance song did ask if I got my way with not having it played as they couldn't hear it either. 

The food was delicious and there was so much! The BBQ menu definitely went down really well as it meant people could eat as little or as much as they wanted. I have no idea how much food went uneaten but people were telling me it was amazing food and they had more than enough so that's all that mattered to me. We had no choice but to use Dodford's chosen caterers, Jenkinsons, but we loved the food on the taster day and the food on our wedding day was even better so we were more than happy with them!

I was also happy to see tables using the wedding dares me and Kelly had spent hours writing. Kelly caught my eye and gave me the thumbs up when she saw the same thing so we were both happy our efforts hadn't gone to waste. The table I was most concerned about, as it was quite mixed, were the first to get stuck into the dares so I'd recommend them as an ice breaker.

I also stopped drinking by this point. I'm not a massive drinker anyway so after a glass of champagne and a couple of glasses of prosecco I was done. I also didn't have the biggest of appetites either (unheard of for me!) so I ate a smallish portion of the food. I think I was too happy about how the day was going to be hungry.