Do you think you'll write a wedding report?

Just wondering really - planning threads are quite plentiful on the forum, but not nearly as many wedding reports!

• Laura349Laura349 Posts: 996 New bride

I might give it a go! Got a long way to go with the planning thread first though! Haha 😂

• MrsLMTMrsLMT Posts: 3,830

I'm going to write a report. I love writing my planning thread. 

• Tanya128Tanya128 Posts: 1,993

Absolutely! 

I think there will be more reports soon but it seems to take a little while because it takes a few weeks for people to get their professional pictures back.

• EpiphanyEpiphany Posts: 718

Yes, that is a good point about getting the professional photos back.

Ladies, I'm looking forward to your reports already! :) x

• LucykinsLucykins Posts: 701

I think I will too. Possibly not going into every nitty gritty detail of the days leading up to it and so on, but certainly photos and details about the main bits of the day.

• MrsJ2017MrsJ2017 Posts: 3,017

I will be 😁 I love the detailed ones because I find it really excited and useful to read about the build up.

How annoying is it though when you get into a good thread and then the OP just stops and never comes back! I also lose interest a bit when the posts are weeks apart, I like to binge.

• Dora3Dora3 Posts: 1,218

I'm waiting to write my report at the moment. I'm waiting on my professional photos but they are taking ages! 

Cant wait to do it though, just to relive it really 

• Mrsseebe2beMrsseebe2be Posts: 623 New bride
    MrsJ2017 wrote (see post):

I will be 😁 I love the detailed ones because I find it really excited and useful to read about the build up.

How annoying is it though when you get into a good thread and then the OP just stops and never comes back! I also lose interest a bit when the posts are weeks apart, I like to binge.

I know right? It's like watching a TV series that gets cancelled mid season!

• wed172Bwed172B Posts: 1,258

I think I prefer the reports to the planning threads :) I love the detail you really get a feel for the day and the excitement build up etc and it definitely gets me excited for my day!

• VegasLouVegasLou Posts: 820 New bride

Wed172B I was just going to say the same about almost preferring the reports more. I love  to hear how all those months/years planning come together and love the photos as well. 

So in answer to the question, yes I hope to do a report although must catch up soon on my planning thread!

• Missy6Missy6 Posts: 50

I'm considering doing one. Just because after the honeymoon I still have time off and I will probably miss alloyds the wedding planning stuff.

• Missy6Missy6 Posts: 50

*miss all the 

• EpiphanyEpiphany Posts: 718

Oooh lots to look forward to then!

I agree about the threads that just stop - sooo disappointing!

I can see why planning threads have gaps - after all we can't be planning something every single day (even when there's a short engagement like mine!) but I like to have something written every day on a report - I'm rather fussy, aren't I?! Haha!

I think reading the reports are much more interesting when you've read the planning thread too.  I like seeing how all the decisions and doubts of the planning thread turn into a beautiful wedding!

Does anyone else find it hard to resist skimming the words though and go straight to the pictures?  Especially when you feel you 'know' the bride?

• MrsJamesMrsJames Posts: 405 New bride

I think I will. I spend far too much time on here not too haha 

I probably won't start writing my report until I get the photos from the wedding - that way it can flow and no-one has to wait! Haha 😏 

• I've not done a planning thread - kept meaning to do it but never got round to it and we get married in October so it seems pointless now.

I do like the idea of having something to look back on though, so I've promised myself that I will definitely write a report!

I too love reading the reports, especially the detailed ones, they've given so much advice and guidance and been really useful in explaining/introducing things that I might not have thought about otherwise!

• Katherine66Katherine66 Posts: 1,234

Im in trouble with h2b everytime i come on here at all!  Ive got a planning thread but i feel im talking to myself mostly.  I will do a report because it will be nice for the ladies who have been supporting me on here and i will want closure before i come off so i will finish on here possibly september time so i can see the reports of the ladies i have had contact with Then will need to start work in new post hopefully and studying so very busy.  

To be honest i will be glad when the whole thing is over now and we can get on with married life.    3 and half weeks to go! 

• HailsHails Posts: 2,455

I definitely plan to do one.

• LittleOne89LittleOne89 Posts: 388 New bride
    Katherine66 wrote (see post):

Im in trouble with h2b everytime i come on here at all!  Ive got a planning thread but i feel im talking to myself mostly.  I will do a report because it will be nice for the ladies who have been supporting me on here and i will want closure before i come off so i will finish on here possibly september time so i can see the reports of the ladies i have had contact with Then will need to start work in new post hopefully and studying so very busy.  

To be honest i will be glad when the whole thing is over now and we can get on with married life.    3 and half weeks to go! 

I'm the same with my planning thread - the only one who posts is me! 

• SpacepuffinSpacepuffin Posts: 664

I don't have a planning thread so I'm not sure how relevant a wedding report would be if I were to write one. I may give it a go though. X

LittleOne89 wrote (see post):
    Katherine66 wrote (see post):

I'm the same with my planning thread - the only one who posts is me! 

I'm the same with my planning thread too! Lol

• HailsHails Posts: 2,455

I find the reports so useful, and I really appreciate it when brides are honest and talk about any less than perfect aspects of their day, it helps manage expectations when there is so much pressure for it to be "the best day of your life"