Our beautiful day in The Cotswolds - 1st July 2017

I am so excited to share our big day with you all :) I must say it was absolutely perfect. Everything we wished for and more! 

We were married 1st July at the Hare and Hounds hotel in Westonbirt, The Cotswolds. 

We are currently enjoying our minimoon in south Wales in this beautiful barn:

imageimageimageimageimage

We have already been sent hundreds of guest photos so I may start with those. Our professional photos are due the end of thiis week or early next week. 

A sneak preview of us signing the register:

• HailsHails Posts: 2,455

hello! There is another poster on here who recently got married at the Cotswolds - I swear the hare and hounds sounds really familiar?!

• Nay17Nay17 Posts: 52
    Hails wrote (see post):

hello! There is another poster on here who recently got married at the Cotswolds - I swear the hare and hounds sounds really familiar?!

Yes, Sammykate also got married there a few weeks before us! 

• MrsNolanMrsNolan Posts: 684 New bride

Yay what a lovely photo of you two! Your flowers look amazing too! Can't wait to read more about your day xx

• MoggleMoggle Posts: 556

Congratulations nay17! Your minimoon looks so lovely, looking forward to reading all about your day 

• VegasLouVegasLou Posts: 821 New bride

Yay a wedding report! Congratulations! Your minimoon barn looks gorgeous. Your flowers look beautiful, looking forward to reading more and seeing more pics. 

• HailsHails Posts: 2,455
    Nay17 wrote (see post):
    Hails wrote (see post):

Yes, Sammykate also got married there a few weeks before us! 

Oh how exciting! 

• SammykateSammykate Posts: 3,338 New bride

Yay how exciting Nay! Can't wait to see your photos and see how the day went.

So, the wedding week started on the Wednesday. I had a busy morning where I had my nails and eyebrows done. I went for gel nails on my fingers and polish on my toes. The colour is a pinky gold with a slight glitter. It was perfect.

The afternoon was spent picking my OH up from work and going to collect his suit. That was the final job done and we were ready to pack the car. 

We packed up Thursday morning and headed to my parents where a few family members had started to gather already. My sister and her boyfriend had arrived from Singapore and my auntie was over from the States. It was lovely to have a chance to catch up with people before the wedding. The afternoon was spent glueing the final place names on and working out how we were going to attach the table plan cards to their frame. 

In the evening I popped round the corner to one of my parents friends to collect a necklace from her which was to be my borrowed item!

Then it was time for bed as I was up early on Friday to go to the florists 🌼

Friday (the day before)

Mum and I were up early and off to the local garden centre to pick up some flowers to use in our table centre piece set up. They had no gyp so we also had to pop into Lidl where we luckily found the last 3 bunches! 

Then it was time to pack the cars (we needed 3cars to fit everything in!). We had a lovely pub lunch en route and then we arrived at the hotel :) cars unpacked and we had some Pimms with other family members. I gave my bridesmaids their gowns for the morning: 

These were from Asda and were brill. Just wanted I wanted. 

The Morning

We have our photos back already (within a week - very impressed!) and so I can add a few more photos now. 

I stayed at the hotel the night before along with my bridesmaids and parents. My OH was down the road in a B&B with his men and family. 

Some shots of the venue:

imageimage

As you can see it was fairly cloudy in the morning. 

The photographer headed up to my suite and began documenting all the details:

My absolutely gorgeous beautiful dress

imageimage

imageimageimage

And some of the gifts. I gave this print to my parents - it was just perfect:

And bags with goodies for the bridesmaids:

Meanwhile, the men weren't yet up to much!

I also gave my OH a personalised bag with socks, cufflinks and a glass:

imageimage

The bags were so lovely. Completly customisable to wedding colours etc. with various sizes available. They were from JustBeautifulGifts on Etsy - highly recommended :)

• ruthie1979ruthie1979 Posts: 794

Oh I love the bridesmaid gift bags xx

• SammykateSammykate Posts: 3,338 New bride

Wow that was quick to get your photos back! Love the pics so far

• ShaunyShauny Posts: 10

it all looks so beautiful! Can I please ask where you got the poem from for your parents? It's just perfect 

Shauny wrote (see post):

it all looks so beautiful! Can I please ask where you got the poem from for your parents? It's just perfect 

It's lovely isn't it and completely personalised to our colours and even flowers! It was from So Betty who you can find on Facebook. 

Further Preparations

My bridesmaids had their hair and make up done first. Here they are relaxing watching me get ready and with their bracelets:

imageimage

Having my hair done:

imageimageimage

Hair and make-up all ready:

Meanwhile, the men were getting ready:

imageimageimageimage

I love the pictures of our page boys they looked absolutely adorable :)