December 2017 - Christmas Wedding! The Report

Hey everyone!

Firstly, thank you so much for all your support, advice and inspiration. It's been amazing :) 

We're now back at home, trying to relax a bit after the mayhem of the last few days so I thought I would sit down and start writing my report. I don't know if it will be particularly interesting, but I hope it'll be nice for me to look back on. I also don't know when i'm going to get the photographs from our lovely photographers, for now I'm just working with mobile phone pictures. We actually filmed the ceremony and reception ourselves so I might be able to share that, we're just exporting the footage, so going to start editing that together soon! It's so lovely to be able to look back on that day immediately. It really went by in a blur. 

Before I get into the run up to the wedding, I'm just going to leave you with this image: 

This is probably my favourite photo so far haha. 

• MrsK2017MrsK2017 Posts: 230 New bride

Both Stu and I came down with colds the day after the wedding, so we're both feeling pretty crap at the moment, so I thought I'd cheer myself up a bit by starting the actual wedding report. 

So here's some background information (if you've been reading my planning thread then you'll already know a lot / all of this info): 

Wedding Date: 22nd December 2017. We wanted to have our wedding as close to Christmas as possible. We didn't want to have it on the 23rd because everyone bar four people were travelling for the wedding, so we didn't want people travelling home on Christmas Eve. 

Wedding Location: Our local church, followed by a reception in the Ballroom of the Winding Wheel in Chesterfield. 

Stu and I had our first date on 30th December 2014, and got engaged on 28th December 2016. 

• MrsGtoBMrsGtoB Posts: 712 New bride

Congratulations can’t wait to read the rest! Hope the colds pass quickly x

Wednesday before wedding: 

Wednesday was a bit of a full on day. Stu was still at work, as he only had the Thursday and Friday off, and there was a lot to get done. 

After a 5am start, I spent most the morning cleaning and tidying the house, and just trying to get bits and pieces ready for the wedding. This included finishing off the pew ends with some ribbon. The first big jobon our list was to go and buy the flowers for the bouquets and buttonholes.My Mum was picking me up on the way through to drop their dog off at his daycare and we were going to go straight to Aldi. I had bought the flowers for my trial run there, as I'd seen someone somewhere say they were a good option. The trial run went really well, and the flowers had lasted for ages so I was quite happy to go back and use their flowers. We actually got to Aldi about fifteen minutes before it opened, so we popped over the road to the 24 hour Tesco to get some bits for Mum, and to have a quick look at their flowers. They didn't have much in terms of the colour scheme I was going for, and they didn't have the gift bag that Mum wanted, so we ended up buying Christmas t-shirts for Stu / Pops and my brother, as well as some all butter shortbread for the reception. Off we went to Aldi, where I picked up some mince pies, also for the reception, and reviewed the flower situation. There was nothing there in my colour schemes either. Everything seemed to be yellow and purple. Minor panic, and off we went to Chesterfield to try the Aldi I had used for the trial flowers. Again, nothing. Although we did pick up some Christmas dog treats for our dog Jay. There is a massive Tesco opposite that Aldi, so we popped in there, not really hoping for a lot, since the other three shops had been a bust. Of course, they had a zillion packets of red and white roses, and babies breath. I think we bought 8 packets of red roses, and three of white roses, and then possibly four packets of babies breath. Off we rushed home to get the flowers into some vases before Mum had a nail appointment, and I had to let the estate agent into the house. After wandering into town to meet Mum after her nail appointment, off we went to the Tesco near her house to get some lunch, look at the flowers, and buy some buffet food for the next evening. We ended up finding some white and red carnations, and some more gypsophila, and got a trolley full of food for the next night. We have zero room in our freezer, so Mum put the buffet food in theirs, with the aim to drop it all across at ours the next afternoon. My final job while at Mum's house was to go and collect all the ivy and greenery that I wanted for the bouquets and buttonholes. They only have two trees and a few bushes, so it was a quick job, but I got everything that I wanted. Mum then dropped me home, and after having dinner with Stu, it was time to start on my bouquets.

I started with mine, since mine was going to take the most work as I was working with a bouquet holder and oasis, and it was going to be much larger than the other two. I got the inspiration from two photos on Pinterest, on of which was this general shape, but was just ivy and peacock feathers, and the other was more traditional teardrop with red and white roses. 

This was my bridesmaid bouquet, which was a handheld made with red and white roses, white carnations and greenery. 

This was my maid of honour bouquet which was a little larger than the bridesmaid bouquet. 

I decided to do these on the Wednesday ni

MrsGtoB wrote (see post):

Congratulations can’t wait to read the rest! Hope the colds pass quickly x

Thank you so much! x

• MrsLMTMrsLMT Posts: 3,830

Wow, your flowers look amazing! 

FutureMrsThomas wrote (see post):

Wow, your flowers look amazing! 

Thank you so much! They were definitely a labour of love... x

Thursday before wedding: 

Thursday was our busiest day by far. First job of the day was to get the 19 buttonholes done, which nearly drove me slightly insane. I had originally planned three different styles, but then on the day ended up doing seven different styles, with four of them being made up as I went along. It was the sort of job that I could only do by myself really, and I just asked Mum to make name labels while I did them. To keep them as fresh as possible, I wrapped the stalks in some wet tissue and wrapped some foil around them to keep them as fresh as possible, and then was planning to put the ribbon on the next morning. I'm so disappointed that I only took a photo of Stu's buttonhole, I wish I had photos of the others.

As groom, Stu's was the biggest, the only one with three roses, plus carnations. I was worried it was going to be too big and heavy but apparently it was pinned easy enough. He also had a very specific bit of greenery that he had chosen off the plant in the garden that we had potted in memory of his Grandad that died in April this year. This was our way of having something there from him, without it being too emotive for Stu on the wedding day. Our wedding day is the first big family event that he wasn't there for, and also with it being the first Christmas without him three days later, it was going to be a difficult time for Stu. 

Stu then went off to drop our doggy off at the kennels, and pick up some soil so we could actually plant the little trees into vases so we could use them as centrepieces. We'd left it to the last minute to try and make sure the trees wouldn't die in the vases, but I wish we had done them way sooner! Then off he went to Costco to collect the wedding cake and the buffet food he had ordered. Just after he left, I managed to drag all the wedding stuff down from Stu's study where it had lived for a few days, into the living room so I could finish bits off and sort things into piles, depending on where they were going that day. Pops (Dad) had also turned up, and was 'quality testing the selfie sticks' (he's fascinated with them, Mum has about thirty of his selfies on her phone, and a bunch of photos of the living room ceiling because he didn't know how to flip the camera....). He also had bought over the buffet food that we had bought at Tesco the day before. I decided at this point, with half an hour until I needed to be at the church to decorate, that it would be my only real chance to jump in the shower, and to wash my hair ready for the next day. I have a lot of hair, and I hate blowdrying it, so would  need a lot of drying time. Just as I was about to get in the shower I got a flurry of texts and phone calls from Stu saying that our cake wasn't there (it said latest it would be ready was midday that day, and at this point it was after midday), so someone had probably just picked it up, even though it had our order details on. Not only that, our buffet food was nowhere to be found, and after asking three different members of staff, not one knew what the process was for collecting the food. There was nothing there where the rest of the fresh buffet food was. In the end, I said for Stu to just pick up any victoria sponge cake (we weren't too fussed on cake which is why we ordered one from Costco - apparently they taste good (I can't eat it), but we weren't fussed on a specific design), and to get some fresh pizzas instead of the buffet food. We had also used their photo printing service for our drinks vouchers. Because we were having a buffet, and people were flexible on when they wanted to eat, we didn't really want to do wine on the table, and also, we don't even like wine! We decided to do drinks vouchers instead, so we still bo

l bought people a drink, but it was a drink of their choice. Stu made up a design, and we used photo size prints because they're easy to see, easy to grab, and fairly hard to lose. Unfortunately, they just store all their photo prints in a massive box, not even alphabetical order, so Stu reckoned he stood there for about twenty minutes just waiting for them to find our order. Basically Costco was a bit of a fail for us on this occasion. 

With Stu on his way back from Costco, and me having showered and washed my hair, we loaded Pop's truck up with all the bits that needed to go to the church, and off we went to decorate. One thing that I took which made life so much easier, was a little toolbox (poundland!), with some double sided tape, ribbon, scissors, florist glue, plant snippers and a few other bits in. I knew where all my bits were, didn't forget anything (except two batteries!), and could get shit done. My church decor consisted of white wicker hearts as pew ends, six olive trees with fairy lights in, and two fake trees (these were from IKEA but look really real in person) again with fairy lights in. 

Decorating the church was quite an easy process. Hanging out the pew ends took about three minutes, and I had Mum and Pops putting the tulle around the olive tree pots, just to soften the look of the pots, while I put the fairy lights onto the different trees. Stu came straight to the church after his disaster at Costco to help, but we were pretty much done. He did run into town for me to get me some batteries so I didn't have to remember to bring them to the rehearsal later that night. When we had arrived at the Church, our vicar told us that she'd forgotten to tell us they were actually tuning the organ, and I'm sure they did every high note possible while we were there!  

With the church done, we went back to the house so Mum could start cooking the buffet food, Stu planted the little trees for the centrepieces, and we started packing up the car with all the bits for the reception ready to drop off at the venue. After a very quick dominos break, we got ourselves in the car on the way to the reception venue while we left Mum at the house cooking up a few more buffet bits that would be served cold. 

Next slight issue, we got to the reception venue, and no one answered the back buzzer to get into the loading area. Eventually Stu wandered in just to see if he could find someone and there was no one about. Then suddenly someone started talking through the intercom and the barrier raised, while Stu (who was driving) wasn't in the bloody car, and I was in the passenger seat with a cake on my lap and couldn't even really jump into the driver seat to move the car through the barrier. Luckily Stu legged it back to the car, and we got in. Then we had absolutely no idea where we were going and no one came out to see us (someone had just buzzed us in, I would assume that someone would then come and see where we needed to be?), and there was no visible buzzer. Eventually Stu found a phone number on a wall, and after ringing it, someone came down to the loading bay to let us in and take our stuff into a spare room. Turns out this person hadn't been told that we would be coming to drop off our stuff (that was arranged almost immediately after we signed the contract...) and that if we were fifteen minutes later, no one at all would have been there. By the time we finished there (I think we spent around twenty minutes waiting around), we had to rush to the train station to pick up my grandparents from the train station. Luckily, we got out the car just as they walked out the train station, so got them into the car and went home via the Ibis. 

We had planned to check in before we collected my grandparents from the train station, but we didn't have time, so we popped in, and it was the quickest I've ever checked into a hotel. With the hotel room key safely in Stu's wallet, off we went home. 

After a quick catch up, Mum took the grandparents off to a local pub for some food while Stu and I sorted the house. Basically, we had a bit of a whirlwind situation as we were trying to get things sorted, so there were bits that we didn't need or couldn't be arsed to use and bits of packaging everywhere. We also wanted to rearrange the downstairs furniture so there was room for the food and for people to sit down. During this time, we also got changed and sorted for the reception. I decided to dress up a little for the occasion, and wore the dress that Mum had bought me the day before.

You can't really see much of the dress here, but you can see the pattern. 

At this point, Stu and I were absolutely knackered, but it was time to get to the pub over the road from the church to meet everyone before the rehearsal. Turns out our rehearsal was very quick. We were told a maximum of an hour, and we were done in 20 mins. I think part of that is because Stu and I had a walk through by ourselves in October or November, so we'd already practised the vows etc then. 

After the rehearsal, I went back to the house with my parents, brother and grandparents to get the buffet going, while Stu staying with his family in the pub a little longer. While I'm glad we did the buffet, there were a couple of things that were a little frustrating. Eventually everyone but Stu's family on his Mum's side and two of his best friends had left, so we decided to give this Mum, Stepdad and sister their wedding gifts. We actually ended up giving my parents there's a few weeks back, just so it wasn't sitting at the house!  If you didn't know, we ended up getting the Mums a bracelet personalised with our wedding date, and the Dads / Stepdads a hip flask with their name and our wedding date on. Unfortunately Stu then managed to give his Dad either his Christmas present, or his wedding present. Luckily we're seeing him in about a week, but that was the one job he had to do! Gahhh. 

Once everyone left, I had the house to myself, so I cleared up the buffet food a bit, getting rid of any rubbish and putting leftovers in tubs in case anyone wanted anything the next day, and got the bouquets out of the downstairs toilet (we don't use it as a toilet because the plumbing is screwed, we use it as a store cupboard). It was so nice to have some peace and quiet after rushing about all day, and just be able to sit and watch some Netflix while I made myself some dinner. I couldn't sleep when I got into bed, so watched a little more Netflix, because falling asleep at around 11:30 which is so late for me, I'm usually in bed for 9!

• you did amazing with your flowers x

lauren318 wrote (see post):

you did amazing with your flowers x

Thank you so much! :) x

WEDDING DAY! 

So, I got an email from our photographer this morning saying that we should be getting our wedding photos next week, so I'm going to do what I can until then! 

I woke up at about 5am on the wedding day, and the first thing I saw on my phone was a text from Stu at one minute past midnight basically saying happy wedding day! Honestly, the text made me quite emotional, because I could tell how excited he was, not just me. With a massive grin on my face, downstairs I went for breakfast. As I had a few hours of peace and quiet, I made myself some noodles and veggies (also put a portion in tupperware for lunch), since I thought a bigger breakfast would be better on a day like today. I think pottered around for a little, before carrying down the clothing rail into the living room from upstairs (I'd bought it specifically for this moment!), and then carried down my dress (HEAVY!), the bridesmaid dress, my Mama's accessories, my accessories, my bridesmaid's accessories and the two personalised faux leather jackets. I think after this I just went upstairs, got myself in the shower (had a little pamper), got into some fresh button up PJs (PJs are my go-to clothing, and they're easy to get off without ruining my hair so win win. I did have two onesies, but could I find them near the wedding?! NOPE!), and went downstairs and watched Suits on my laptop for an hour! At some point that morning I also tried to put the ribbons onto the buttonholes, but after doing five, I realised it just wasn't going to happen. The ribbon just wouldn't stick, and I didn't want to lose my temper with them! 

By now I starting to get texts and Facebook messages from my family, more from Stu, and from my now in-laws, which was absolutely lovely. 

We'd arranged for Stu to drop over his sister from the hotel in the morning (she isn't known for being on time, so we decided that was the best option...), so he rang to say he was at the hairdressers, and  ran across to met them there. I think I said in my planning thread that the hairdresser that I was using for wedding day hair is my usual hairdresser, and she's amazing and lovely. She opened up an hour early for us, and even had prosecco there for us! I also got to see Stu for a few minutes, which made me so happy, and so excited for the day ahead. Up to this point I was pretty calm and chilled out. After giving my hairdresser a little gift (got her a massive bottle of prosecco to say thank you for everything she's done for both me and Mum (Mum gets her hair cut there too), and for Christmas), we got started on the hair. 

This is what greeted me in the salon! 

We started with my hair first, and about half way through, this is how I looked: 

And here is the finished look: 

Originally I hadn't taken my tiara, so my bridesmaid had popped to mine to get it, but we agreed we would put my veil in at the end of the last of our appointments, just so that I could move about for an hour or so more and do my makeup without getting my ridiculously long veil in the way. I ended staying and gossiping while my bridesmaid had her hair done, and this is how hers turned out; 

This was based off of two inspiration photos that both me and my bridesmaid liked, and I love how it turned out. The bridesmaid dress has a high neck, so I thought it would be nice to have the hair up, so you can actually see the neckline of the dress. I'd also got her slightly dangly earrings as her gift, so the hair framed the earrings nicely. I also didn't want it to be too formal, so it was a bit softer. 

Off we went back home so we could get makeup on, and my Mum and Mama went across to the hairdressers for their appointments. 

I used to do wedding makeup as a side business, so I was always going to do my own makeup, and my bridesmaid's makeup. I won't go into too much detail here on products used (although if you're interested please ask!) but I went with a gold and brown slightly smokey eye, with some false eyelashes, glowing skin and a soft pink lip. In the photos below I don't have the lipstick on, I applied that after I got into my dress. 

As soon as I finished my makeup it was time for me to get my veil put in (as you can see in those photos, veil is attached!). I then started on my bridesmaid's makeup, and we shared the application as I kept having to run off and do bits and pieces. 

We just got our wedding photos through! Tomorrow it's two weeks since the wedding, so a very quick turnaround. 

We had a photographer (who was also going to do some videography) booked, who we loved, but unfortunately she had to cancel for personal reasons. Then I saw an post on here from Claire Nolan Photography on here, who was providing expenses (plus any extra you feel like paying) only packages so she could build our portfolio. She was available on our date, and happy to drive down to us. We looked on her website and Facebook and really liked the photos she already had on there. If you want to see more her website is: http://www.clairenolan.co.uk, and her Facebook is https://www.facebook.com/clairenolanphotograph/

Let's get started on the rest of the day. 

At this point, Claire (our photographer) came to the house with her second shooter - they'd already been up to the church to have a look, and to look for potential photo spots. She took this photo of our church which I absolutely love. 

If you had a read of my planning thread, you'll know we were planning to get married in Sheffield Town Hall but decided not to, and I'm so glad we decided on getting married in our local church instead. It's so stunning, inside and out. (Photos of inside later...) 

While I painted my nails (I don't think I could have done it closer to the wedding time if I tried, and it's still on and looking semi decent two weeks on!), Claire took some photos of our wedding rings and my dress. 

They borrowed one of the tree decorations for this one and I adore it. This was the 'sneak peak' photo that was posted online on the day of the wedding, and it made me so excited to see how the rest would look. 

At this point, it was time to call in the heavy guns (Pops - my Dad), to get my tied up into the dress. 

Pops was so much better than my Mum at doing the lace up back, she wouldn't do it up tight enough, and I'd have had my chest falling out in church :/ 

Time for some posing, and a few family shots before we left for the ceremony: 

At this point, our photographers went up to the church to get in position and set up, and on the way, took some photos of Stu outside the church. 

He's all kinds of gorgeous in that photo, I'm a very lucky woman! Stu didn't even know he was having his photo taken for this one, which is very much Claire's style - let things happen and photograph along the way. I love this attitude, it meant that our day was documented in a very natural way. 

We had a lot of spare flowers from the bouquets and buttonholes, so Mum put a load into this basket that had come with a floral display she'd bought for us last Christmas, and I'd kept the basket. We put this on a stand next to where the Order of Services were kept. 

That tall thing in the photo above is my brother. He got the tall skinny genes and I got the short fat ones! 

And then it was time for the ceremony. I was actually early, although we realised they hadn't actually cleaned out the truck, so I ended up sending Stu's sister, my bridesmaid, upstairs looking for bed sheets so I wasn't covered in mud or fur from the dog! 

This is my Grandma (Mama), who was my maid of honour. I honestly cried when I saw her in her outfit. Again, if you've had a read of my planning thread, you'll know she was a late addition to the wedding party. Usually my Grandy is a part of everything, but I wanted to make sure she was included. Her outfit wasn't a colour that was part of our scheme, but I think the navy with the red, ivory and gold looked amazing. My priority for her was very much her comfort, rather than matching the colour scheme. In the end, it all came together. Not bad for a woman in her late seventies / early eighties (anyone else never able to remember how old their Grandparents are? I'm still convinced they're 66 at times.) 

And then I made my 'grand' entrance. Up until now, I was totally calm (minus me getting pissy with my Mum because she upset Mama..), but as soon as those doors were about to open, all the nerves and emotion hit me at once. I was crying before I got half way down the aisle. 

I'm pretty sure the second picture is me talking to my brother in the pews, swearing about the fact I was crying already. 

• Loving your report! I can't wait to hear more!

I can't believe how much you did yourself - how long were you planning for and was it really stressful?

Ellie Davenport wrote (see post):

Loving your report! I can't wait to hear more!

I can't believe how much you did yourself - how long were you planning for and was it really stressful?

Thank you so much! 

We had just under a year between getting engaged and getting married, and made the decision early on that we wanted to do as much of it ourselves as we could. I'm not going to lie, the flowers were stressful, just because they're so time sensitive, but I don't think the rest was as bad. I'm lucky that Stu is very good at design bits, so he did a lot of that stuff. He also managed to calm me down when I did get stressed! At the end, it was lovely looking around at the bits we had done, and knowing that we'd done them ourselves. 

x

• Hol90Hol90 Posts: 34

I'm a florist, and do you know how painful a shower bouquet is to make?! You did an AWESOME job, and many congratulations- you look beautiful :)

Hol90 wrote (see post):

I'm a florist, and do you know how painful a shower bouquet is to make?! You did an AWESOME job, and many congratulations- you look beautiful :)

Wow, thank you so much! That's so nice of you to say, honestly it's made my day! x

Now onto the ceremony itself! 

One thing I would say, our vicar was absolutely amazing. She was made sure the ceremony wasn't dreary and overly long, that it was meaningful, but still had some funny moments. 

If you did read my planning thread, you'll know that we had Christmas carols instead of hymns, and it's a decision I don't regret at all. At least everyone knew where the words were supposed to go, so everyone ended up joining in. 

I also have a total resting-bitch-face. 

By now I'd got over my happy tears, and I was just happy and giggly. 

I love how my olive trees looked along the aisle. It was worth having them sat in the garden for about 9 months :/ 

We had two readings; my Grandy did 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 (I just got that off the internet, as I don't have an Order of Service to hand so please don't shout if it's wrong!) Love is patient, love is kind... Stu's stepdad did a reading from the Amber Spyglass by Philip Pullman. If you haven't seen the reading before, here it is: 

'I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER; WHATEVER HAPPENS. TILL I DIE AND AFTER I DIE, AND WHEN I FIND MY WAY OUT OF THE LAND OF THE DEAD, I’LL DRIFT ABOUT FOREVER, ALL MY ATOMS, TILL I FIND YOU AGAIN… I’LL BE LOOKING FOR YOU, EVERY MOMENT, EVERY SINGLE MOMENT. AND WHEN WE DO FIND EACH OTHER AGAIN, WE’LL CLING TOGETHER SO TIGHT THAT NOTHING AND NO ONE’LL EVER TEAR US APART. EVERY ATOM OF ME AND EVERY ATOM OF YOU… WE’LL LIVE IN BIRDS AND FLOWERS AND DRAGONFLIES AND PINE TREES AND IN CLOUDS AND IN THOSE LITTLE SPECKS OF LIGHT YOU SEE FLOATING IN SUNBEAMS… AND WHEN THEY USE OUR ATOMS TO MAKE NEW LIVES, THEY WON’T JUST BE ABLE TO TAKE ONE, THEY’LL HAVE TO TAKE TWO, ONE OF YOU AND ONE OF ME, WE’LL BE JOINED SO TIGHT…'

We didn't really know what we wanted for the readings, we're not super fluffy so we didn't want anything too romantic, it just wouldn't have fitted us. I saw this on a wedding article about articles that weren't super lovey-dovey, and both Stu and I fell in love with it. Turns out Stu's best friend (who got married August 2017) had the same idea, and they had this reading at their ceremony! Obviously it wasn't an issue, but the four of us had a little giggle about it. 

One of the main things we wanted to do was make sure all the parents had a very specific and important role to play in our ceremony. The two mums were our witnesses, the two dads were our ring bearers and Stu's stepdad did the reading. 

Stu looks totally uninterested, but he was actually just pretending to be miffed that the vicar said he didn't look like Johnny Depp! 

At this point, it was time for us to take our vows. Again, I was really giggly, and managed not to cry again.

• mrsdivinemrsdivine Posts: 161 New bride

Keep the pics coming. What a fab Dad you have - good job on the lacing up!

I can't believe it's been three weeks since our wedding! It's also weird spending a LOT less time on here! (I need to catch up on a few threads!) 

After our first kiss, we moved across to the corner to sign the wedding register. 

We weren't allowed photos when we were actually signing the register, so these are staged. I actually refused to take the lid off the pen in case I got ink everywhere, so it's a bit of a giveaway. 

With both Mums, who acted as our witnesses. 

The final part of the ceremony involved going to a further area of the church for final prayers. 

All the photos of the ceremony are facing across in one direction because of where the photographer had to be, so it was nice that she got some photos of the guests in the other pews.

At this point we also had our final hymn. A prayer was said for people that were no longer with us and then off we went back down the aisle as a married couple!

After the ceremony, we had the usual group photos done. We wanted to keep this as short as reasonably possible - We didn't like the idea of people standing around in the cold, as there was nowhere they could go to stay warm. 

We started with the confetti shot, and the photo below was with snowfetti. We put it into confetti cannons ourselves but it was a bit of a bust. It looks good in the photo below, but didn't really have the effect it was supposed to. 

Luckily, we'd ordered two confetti bombs, which we gave to Stu's two best friends. Now, Stu decided not to have a wedding party as such, just because it felt wrong for him with our small wedding. If we had had a bigger wedding, these two would have been best men. As it was, they were amazing at organising people into photos, and we just generally super helpful and amazing all day. Anyway, back to the confetti bombs, they set them off above us, and it allowed us to get the confetti shots below. Both were absolutely buzzing afterwards, boys with toys ey?! 

I have the most awkward laugh, apparently I lean back a lot! I was laughing because I could hear how excited the lads were to have set these things off! 

And then onto the group photos. First batch with grandparents: 

Then parents:

With my parents: 

(You can tell Stu and I were getting restless having our photo taken so started messing about...)

With Stu's parents: 

With the lads (my brother, and Stu's best friends. Unofficial ushers and best men):

With the bridesmaids: 

Stu with his sister: 

Me with my brother: 

Me with my bridesmaids: 

With parents and siblings: 

With my Godmother and her husband: 

My Godmother's husband actually took loads of photos of the day, I might pop some of those photos in at the end of this report. 

And then everyone: 

We were so lucky with the temperature that day. I think it was around the 10 degrees mark, so even stood outside I wasn't too cold. At this point, everyone else took off, and we went off to take some couples photos by ourselves. 

(Again, getting restless and silly. My Mum has had this one printed, because it reflects our relationship apparently. To be fair, we are very silly together, and act like kids around each other). 

Off we walked to the park to take some more photos (at this point, I regretted my decision to A. wear heels, B. not wear in shoes. Rooky mistake.) 

We actually spent a lot of time there, and took a bunch of photos wearing our faux leather 'mr' and 'mrs' jackets, but I guess those photos just didn't come out well enough to use. 

My dress got absolutely covered in mud, and I ended up with my heels stuck in the mood also! To be honest, at that point, I cared a lot

To be honest, at that point, I cared a lot  less at this point. Stu also fell over in the mud, which I was sad that I missed. One thing I will say, crossing roads is way easier in a wedding dress, people just let you across! 

Next we went to a place called 'Surprise View' (normally has amazing views across Derbyshire, but you won't be able to see that in these photos), to catch the last of the sunlight. The result was two of my favourite photos of the entire day.

I've actually used this photo as our thank you card. We're wearing those faux leather jackets here, and I love how it looks with the very feminine veil and tiara. You can see the sunset just peaking through. 

This photo is the background on my phone. You can see just how dirty the train of my dress got! 

Once we wrapped up these photos, we got in Stu's car to make our way to the reception venue. I could barely get my dress in, and Stu had to do my seatbelt, and then wedge in the dress so he could actually drive the car. By this point my feet were killing me, and I was getting a little tired after all the excitement. I was also super hungry, but we didn't really have time to get anything on the way to the venue. While we were taking photos, my Mum, Pops and brother (mostly Pops and brother with Mum supervising I can imagine), took all the wedding bits from the church and dumped them back at the house. Mum picked up my slippers, which I had forgotten, and also got a bra to wear the next day since I remembered about half way through the service that I had forgotten to pack it. 

• MrsStateMrsState Posts: 178

Oh I am loving your report! Your bouquet is AMAZING and so talented to have done that yourself. Also love your faux leather jacket photos - gorgeous!

I can’t wait to read more!

MrsState wrote (see post):

Oh I am loving your report! Your bouquet is AMAZING and so talented to have done that yourself. Also love your faux leather jacket photos - gorgeous!

I can’t wait to read more!

Oh thank you so much! The bouquet was definitely hard work, but I think worth it!