Videographer scam!

Ladies,

I am distraught. I went with Artistic Motion for my wedding videographer and the experience has been dreadful.

The videographer turned up 1hr late... let's leave that there.

What I am really struggling with is that it's been 8 months and no video! I call every week, write emails and all they say is that they are backed up and are unresourced. Why on earth and they still filming weddings then??

What can I do? Every conversation is one excuse after another and I am so upset. It was meant to be done within 6 months but the owner David just doesn't seem to care. I wasn't even given a short preview edit.

What do I do now?

• MrsHowgateMrsHowgate Posts: 1,223 New bride
    Linda97 wrote (see post):

Ladies,

I am distraught. I went with Artistic Motion for my wedding videographer and the experience has been dreadful.

The videographer turned up 1hr late... let's leave that there.

What I am really struggling with is that it's been 8 months and no video! I call every week, write emails and all they say is that they are backed up and are unresourced. Why on earth and they still filming weddings then??

What can I do? Every conversation is one excuse after another and I am so upset. It was meant to be done within 6 months but the owner David just doesn't seem to care. I wasn't even given a short preview edit.

What do I do now?

We had him booked but have now changed to someone else. His communication was poor and once he got his deposit that was it. No more communication. Even my wedding coordinator couldn’t get hold of him. I’ve had a lucky escape!

• JdotJJdotJ Posts: 190 New bride

Do you have an address for him? I’d politely say that you’ve been very patient up until now but you need this video by X (give a reasonable amount of time here, maybe 3 weeks?). Say that if you don’t have your video by then you’ll be left with no other option than to take this further.

I’ve just had to take my case to “Can’t pay we’ll take it away” (no jokes) after 6 months of going through the courts, got my money back though! So if you need any advice just ask away, you WILL need an address though 

Jx

• I know some that take almost a year to get videos delivered. I hope that's the case with you, and it's not a scam :(

• Vicky-LPVicky-LP Posts: 1

Hi All,

Just came here to give you some piece of mind. I waited for approx. 1 year for my wedding video. David is very under staffed (not great I know) and there was times I was left frustrated or confused by communications with David but I promise you this is not a scam. You will get a video. The panic of not having the special day on video is awful I know but I wanted to try and make some of you feel better. I found it best to phone David for communication.

All business's have an address online. - I've searched Artistic Motion and its there on yelp.

I've copied my review from Yelp that I got in Feb after I left received the video. I was told it would take 6 months but it took just under 1 year. I was told I would get in October but got it in Feb. Just want you to know what I went through to reassure you that your special day is not lost!  David maybe guilty of poor communication but the work was amazing. I've watched my video at least 10 times with family and friends.

Vix

David from Artistic motion is a pleasure to deal with, there was a lot of contact. I advised calling over emailing. I must warn you that you may have to wait a while for DVD, the saying good things come to those who wait is very true here. To set expectation due to the company being so popular I waited approx. 11 months. David did think it would be completed sooner but it wasn't the case but once you do have the DVD, you have it forever! The video is worth 5 stars. My video is beautiful - so professional and such high quality. I would recommend this company to anyone. The moments that were captured were amazing. Even capturing little details that you wouldn't expect! I felt like a movie star and my nearest and dearest have shed a few happy tears with me as I show it of.  The emotions of the day were captured beautifully. The camera lady we had on the big day was lovely too. This is a priceless (almost lol) memory to have from your big day - after all the hard work and planning - this is what you have left (except of the husband lol). Keep up the great work guys and thank you for everything x

• MrsHowgateMrsHowgate Posts: 1,223 New bride

The company has been reported and they have also been named and shamed on a Facebook wedding scammers group page to warn other people to beware. The last review was left in 2013 which to me sends alarm bells ringing! If he is understaffed then maybe he should employ more people  don’t take on anymore weddings until he can fulfil the terms of his contract which states 12-15 weeks until you get your completed video!

• bella2015bella2015 Posts: 1,903 New bride

Clearly if he is struggling with capacity he shouldn't be taking on any more work, lack of staff isn't an excuse and quite simply it's not acceptable to not supply people with services they have paid for. There are several bad reviews on YELP, all saying they didn't receive their videos but since updated to say they have, no doubt because of the bad publicity. There's no way I'd be sat waiting for a year to receive a video and I can tell you that I'd have had him court by then.

Linda, I suggest you contact him via telephone to give him a final date that you want the video by (be fair, I would suggest maybe 2-3 weeks?). Make it clear you intend to start legal action if this is not supplied.  There are addresses for him online which you will need to do so. Also their website is still active and there is an address on there. 

Please don't sit back and wait forever as the longer it goes on the harder it will  be.

sorry double post

• I’m also having problems and have been contacted by several other brides too who haven’t recieved their DVD’s either . My wedding was nearly a year ago but I paid in March 2017 

apparently he has now gone into administration and has put up a post on his website ,. 

• Vicky-LP wrote (see post):

Hi All,

Just came here to give you some piece of mind. I waited for approx. 1 year for my wedding video. David is very under staffed (not great I know) and there was times I was left frustrated or confused by communications with David but I promise you this is not a scam. You will get a video. The panic of not having the special day on video is awful I know but I wanted to try and make some of you feel better. I found it best to phone David for communication.

All business's have an address online. - I've searched Artistic Motion and its there on yelp.

I've copied my review from Yelp that I got in Feb after I left received the video. I was told it would take 6 months but it took just under 1 year. I was told I would get in October but got it in Feb. Just want you to know what I went through to reassure you that your special day is not lost!  David maybe guilty of poor communication but the work was amazing. I've watched my video at least 10 times with family and friends.

Vix

David from Artistic motion is a pleasure to deal with, there was a lot of contact. I advised calling over emailing. I must warn you that you may have to wait a while for DVD, the saying good things come to those who wait is very true here. To set expectation due to the company being so popular I waited approx. 11 months. David did think it would be completed sooner but it wasn't the case but once you do have the DVD, you have it forever! The video is worth 5 stars. My video is beautiful - so professional and such high quality. I would recommend this company to anyone. The moments that were captured were amazing. Even capturing little details that you wouldn't expect! I felt like a movie star and my nearest and dearest have shed a few happy tears with me as I show it of.  The emotions of the day were captured beautifully. The camera lady we had on the big day was lovely too. This is a priceless (almost lol) memory to have from your big day - after all the hard work and planning - this is what you have left (except of the husband lol). Keep up the great work guys and thank you for everything x

The companies house website states that the company is still active? Dont really understand why he'd go into administration, surely he just needs to supply what people have paid for and he has the footage?

You're better off getting a small court claim in straight away before he does put the company into administration. 

• Artistic Motion, as of 24/08/18, is not yet in liquidation. Each Videographer David had was a freelancer. The situation occurred that David never paid these videographers - therefore the videographers would not hand over the footage to him. This has been going on for 18 months+.

There is a group on FB called "Artistic Motion Victims". The aim of this group is to put the couples in touch with their videographers directly. I would advise you join this group in order to get in touch with your videographer. 

Please be aware that David is also trading under "Flying Fish Productions".

• Still no video a year later, but I threatened him with legal action so he at least gave the money back which I am more than happy to give to the videographer!

Just need to find him, what a total disaster.

• Artistic Motion are now in liquidation - The matter is being dealt with by Portland