Bartholomew Barn August 2018

After 2+ years of planning, I can’t believe the time has come for me to write our report. I’m not sure where to start. 

After having the Wednesday and Thursday off work, things really started to get going. We had a few dramas along the way - my Dad couldn’t find a waistcoat that fitted, my MIL had a minor crash the day before our Wedding and my Husband was still searching for a shirt the day before the wedding, hadn’t written his speech, we still needed to print off our table plan, place cards, reserved signs and lots more. Despite a few minor blips on the day which includes me being 20 minutes late for our ceremony, we made it and had the best day ever! 

August 24th 2018 - Day before wedding

After having a lovely pampering sesh (manicure and pedicure) I loaded the car with lots of wedding bits, then dropped our Westie off at the local kennels for the weekend. Both my Dad and I then set off for the venue after a pit stop for some petrol. We arrived later than we originally planned (around 3pm) were Al, his brother and sister and Mum had already made a start on setting up the bar and decorating the barn. our Florist Natalie had already been and installed our floral arch and made it all feel more real. We scattered some rose petals up the aisle, unloaded the bits for the cake table and guest book table, assembled the pallet and flowers for our table plan, unloaded the whiskey barrels for our welcome drinks and lots more. After storing some overnight cars in the bridal suite, I got caught in torrential rain and had a phone call from my MIL saying she had had a minor accident on the way to her cottage. At this point Al was hunting for a white shirt and had driven back to his office to design and print some stationary. 

At about 10:30pm me and Dad drove back to my parents house and tucked into some Fish and Chips, then I wrote some notes for my bridesmaids, parents and Aunt to give to them the following day. 

• August 25th 2018 

My mum came flying into my childhood bedroom singing to me and telling me to wake up as I was becoming Mrs Clarke. I then went downstairs after hearing a knock at the door and my lovely florist arrived with the bouquets for me and my bridesmaids, Dad’s buttonhole and Mum’s stunning corsage. We had a chat and said our goodbyes. Here are some photos I took after admiring my flowers for ages. 

• My flowers consisted of a mixture of hydrangeas, lots of roses, spray roses, Bouvardia, lisiannthus, oxypetulum edged with gysophilia. My bridesmaids had the smaller versions with more ivory roses and ivory ribbon 😍

• MrsTraceyMrsTracey Posts: 837 New bride

Can't wait to read more! I got married just nearby at Upwaltham Barns six weeks ago! Always loved Bartholemew Barn 😍 Your flowers look gorgeous! 

• MrsGtoBMrsGtoB Posts: 712 New bride

Ooh a report! Excited to read more, your flowers are lovely xx

• GinAndBlingGinAndBling Posts: 1,280 New bride

Yay new report! Congratulations xx

Our planning thread: We're completely winging it.

My weightloss thread: Diet denial! 
  • MrsTracey wrote (see post):

Can't wait to read more! I got married just nearby at Upwaltham Barns six weeks ago! Always loved Bartholemew Barn 😍 Your flowers look gorgeous! 

Aww my friend got married there. We considered that but it was over our budget. Thank you ☺️ they were designed by Natalie from Amberlilly’s she did exactly what we wanted and they came out looking incredible! How was your wedding? Xx It goes so fast doesn’t it? Can’t believe we would of been married a week tomorrow! 

• MrsGtoB wrote (see post):

Ooh a report! Excited to read more, your flowers are lovely xx

Thank you 😁 So glad we went with our florist Natalie, she  was so generous with the flowers. Xx 

• After a lovely shower to wake me up, it was time to have my hair done with my Bridesmaid (Cousin) I was really feeling nervous/excited at this point and can remember my Mum putting a Croissant in front of me and telling me to eat. It was so difficult despite being someone who loves her food, I had Completely lost my appetit, but forced it down. It was so relaxing having my hair done by the lovely Amy who has done my hair since my first prom (over 10 years ago). 

Then my Sister In-Law said “I have a little something from someone special” and presented me with a card and Jo Malone bag. So I opened it thinking it was from the girls and much to my surprise it was from my Husband who had bought me a bottle of ‘Peony and Blush Suede’ a cologne that I have practically begged for. I am a huge fan of their’s and so was over the moon when I got my very own bottle. 

Next Amy from Kristina Gasperas arrived with her suitcase  of beauty goodies and started doing the make-up for my MOH (Childhood friend who I have known since birth) and when I saw her - she looked incredible and I was so excited to see her reaction, as she hadn’t had a trial, so didn’t know how Amy had done it. 

My MOH then presented me with a gift and it was incredible - she had made a cool scrapbook/album of Engagement pics of me and Al along with photos and captions from my Hen do, she has even included her Sash, decorations from the day, the Bride Tribe tattoo and lots more. She then left space for me and Al to add to it. 

• imageAfter being pampered me and my Cousin popped upstairs and I did some make-up for my Cousin who wanted something natural. We both started laughing as my MOH was running across the street holdong a bottle of fizz (from her parents across the way) in her dressing gown 😂 So after my MOH did the honours we all had a toast and photos in the garden where a few secrets of the Groom had us all in hysterics - thanks to my Sister In-Law. 

Then it was time for us girls to get dressed, so we all went up to my old bedroom and whilst I laced my Cousin’s dress up my Bridesmaid did my MOH. Again lots of laughter as we tried to figure it out. Then I was told it was time for me to get into my dress. Due to the size of my dress, I had to get ready in my parents room, cue a minor panic as my Uncle was doing my Dad’s tie and my Auntie and Mum had lots of things over the bed. After a quick tidy up it was time for my Photographer to capture some photos of my Mum helping me get dressed. My Sister In-Law helped with the last few fiddly buttons Using a Kirby grip. 

Next my Dad came in for the first reveal and was so cool and collected we all laughed 😂 then it was time to leave for the venue which was just over 20 miles away. 

We used The White Van Wedding Company and Deluxe Wedding Cars for two VW Vintage Vans. Both were decorated with ribbon and artificial flowers and looked incredible outside the front of my parents house. The Pic below is from after our wedding. 

• MrsTraceyMrsTracey Posts: 837 New bride
    Future Mrs Clarke wrote (see post):
    MrsTracey wrote (see post):

Aww my friend got married there. We considered that but it was over our budget. Thank you ☺️ they were designed by Natalie from Amberlilly’s she did exactly what we wanted and they came out looking incredible! How was your wedding? Xx It goes so fast doesn’t it? Can’t believe we would of been married a week tomorrow! 

Aww yeah best day ever! It goes so quickly doesn't it! You look beautiful by the way! X

• MrsTracey wrote (see post):
    Future Mrs Clarke wrote (see post):
    MrsTracey wrote (see post):

Aww yeah best day ever! It goes so quickly doesn't it! You look beautiful by the way! X

Thank you ☺️ It really was! 

• After arriving at the venue 20 minutes due to an unplanned diversion, we quickly freshened up in the bridal room before making our way to the glasshouse where I met with the register and confirmed a few details, as well as covering any questions that I may of had. 

After walking back through the garden, I could hear my processional song ‘Thousand Years’ by Christina Perri, after also catching a peak of our guests all standing in the barn for our entrance I could feel the tears threatening, first the bridesmaids went one by one, then it was just my Dad and me left. We walked across the courtyard and then entered from the East entrance through the floral arch, as I turned the corner and caught sight of my Husband I burst into tears (Overwhelming happiness). 

First we had a reading ‘On your wedding day’ which was read by my childhood best friend and then it was onto exchanging rings - cue lots of laughter when I couldn’t get my Husband’s ring to go on. Then we read our vows that we had both written. Our registrar managed to put us both at ease and had us both laughing. My Mum also read a beautiful reading ‘ On my Daughter’s wedding day’ which had me crying again. The whole ceremony was perfect. 

• Ashley72Ashley72 Posts: 1,137 New bride

Ahh what a lovely report. Glad you had the best day. You look beautiful! Your flowers and the arch are super pretty.

• You look so happy! Your flowers are stunning too and I love your camper vans.