Married In Sunny February

2»

• MrsW2020MrsW2020 Posts: 171 New bride
    Such good advice, your whole wedding report has been great! When it comes to Canva how did you get your stationary printed off? I looked into one of my local print shops and it seemed to be even more expensive than Vistaprint somehow :D  
  • CharleahCharleah Posts: 248 New bride
    @MrsW2020 I just printed it on my own printer on nice card and then stuck it in a frame (for signs) for other stuff you could always try vistaprint cause they’re reasonably priced (we’ve got our thank you cards printed from them) 

@CoffeeDogAddict awww that’s such a sweet thing to say, thank you so much! 
  • abiscottabiscott Posts: 70 New bride
    Fabulous pictures!  All your guests look like they're having such a good time too.

I have a spanx question... you looked amazing in your dress, did you keep them on all day? And if so were they comfortable?
    Yep! I kept them on all day and they were very comfortable! Definitely the best spanx out there for wedding dresses I think. And thank you ☺️ 

Our gin cocktail menu I said I’d find! I like Harry Potter and sloths 😄
  • MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,857 New bride
    Is it easy to hoick the Spanx on and off under a wedding dress? That's what's worrying me as I have a big skirt and underskirt!
    edited 21 March
    They aren’t suuuuper sucky inny so they’re fine getting down and up. If you order them to a next store, then they let you try them on and send them back if you don’t like them :) 

The Party 🎉 

So this was my very favourite part because I got to just relax about my dress and concentrate on having fun with my guests! After we’d stuck on Mat’s DJ sugz mix and I’d mingled with people, evening guests were arriving left, right and centre! It’s so weird having all the people in your life turning up in one place. I’d start a conversation with one couple/ person and then I’d have someone grab me for something/ want to talk to me about something 🤣 I think Mat was permanently outside (because it was such a warm, dry evening) talking to everyone. He loves all that though. 

The kids were absolutely loving the teepee my MIL made us but I’ll just post one photo of my MOH using it 😂

First up was my SIL’s band ‘One Man Down’. They’re called that because they used to have an extra member. My mother thought because they kept announcing their name that they were actually one man down on the night, and asked me who was missing 😂

Anyway I’d asked them to learn a Paramore song “Still Into You” which a) is my favorite band of all time and b) the song has nice lyrics 

Well what can I say - they absolutely smashed it! They nailed the whole set! 
    “Where’s the party at?”

Ok, band photos...

I started dancing when they did Paramore like a crazy lady! 

As soon their set had finished the DJ had arrived and was ready to set up! Our co-ordinator Matthew who was the BEST asked me if it was alright to start cutting the cake! 🧁 

🧁 

“How do you expect me to cut this thing without it all coming down?”

It was tricky! 

“Should I shove his face in it?”

I wish people ate more cupcakes but I think they were too scared they weren’t supposed to! We ended up divvying them out the next morning anyway and OMG they were delicious! 🤤 so much lemony creamy goodness 🍋 

Then the DJ announced the first dance and played ‘You’re Song’ by Elton John. Neither of us had practiced dancing and so we just kind of winged it. I was getting a bit annoyed at Mat cause he was trying to encourage me to start dancing with my dad and we’d barely even danced together! I just told him to shush and sing to me 😂 I think the whole eyes on us made him few uncomfortable!

The confetti canon was a shock cause we’d
    forgotten it was happening! 🖤 

I love everyone’s faces cause they didn’t know either 😂 my BIL said he just saw some woman creep out with this massive gun like she was about to take us out haha!

This is one of my favourite photos from the wedding and it was taken by a guest! 

Mat is so shocked and I just look so happy and surprised! 🖤

Then of course we switched dancing partners and I danced with my daddy and Mat with my momma! 

And then all the couples joined us on the dance floor to sing “how wonderful life is now you’re in the world!”

Group hug! 🤗 
  • CoffeeDogAddictCoffeeDogAddict Posts: 1,140 New bride
    Aw thats so lovely!! what a nice song choice to get everyone on the dancefloor too, makes you appreciate who you've got <3
    Your party photos are just lovely!! :)
  • MrsRendall2BMrsRendall2B Posts: 749 New bride
    Just binge read this and it's absolutely beautiful! :)
    Great advice too, will try to keep that in mind. And I'm definitely tempted by the spanx...
  • AliceJAliceJ Posts: 18 New bride
    Your wedding looks like so much fun! I love your dress and the confetti cannon is a great idea I may steal. 
    Thank you for your lovely comments ladies! 💕
    I just got the wedding film from my brother and it is brilliant! He’s done such a smashing job! We got together with some family and friends and watched it in a pub and put on some food. I’d definitely recommend doing a little post wedding party (if you do have a video to show, or even just photo slideshows) it’s an excuse to get everyone together and relive it a bit. Especially if like me, you suffered from the wedding blues! I screen grabbed this from the video today and I had to interrupt to share cause 😍

edited 7 May

💃🏻 

I cannot express how much we enjoyed the party. We danced till we dropped and not only did we, but so did all our guests. I’d started to get a migraine and I thought shhiiii not today, but I’d taken some ibuprofen & paracetamol and then my BIL who was usher just said mate what you really need are shots. So I had copious amounts of shots. I mean a bride has to get smashed on her wedding day right?!

Anyway I’ll just leave some drunk dancing photos here. 

We formed a bit of a dance off...

Not to forget me & BMs getting super drunk... 😵 

Yeeeah we included my cousin, don’t you worry. 

Also my uncle Dazza managed to get almost everyone up dancing on the stage! My cousin actually fell off it which was hilarious and fortunately he didn’t hurt himself! 

Great fun. 
    That looks like such a brilliant party!! 
    edited 7 May

What was a big fat waste of money and what was worth it? 

- The hot chocolate bar we hired (although we got half our money back for that) simply due to the fact that it was like 20 degrees in February. If you’re having a winter wedding then make sure you know it’s definitely going to be cold before you book weather related stuff 🙂 although there’s no way we could have known really and it was good for the kids and the people that weren’t drinking. 
    - Canapés. We just didn’t bother and I’m so glad we didn’t. I’d looked up that they are a waste of money and to be honest out guests didn’t have any time to stop and eat. If you think your guests are gonna have a massive wait for food then go ahead but if not then just save yourself the money. 
    - Favours that aren’t edible or useful. We made sure all our favours were things that would be of use to people (like a bottle opener) or something they could eat/drink at the wedding or shove in their bag and eat/drink later. Like a cookie or mintier bottle of alcohol. (50ml size are good because you can neck them like shots later on when you think you’re not drunk enough yet 😀) 
    - Cake/cupcakes..now I’m not saying don’t have one...of course I’m not..I’m just saying if you do have a cupcake tower like we did then make it VERY clear to your guests that they can eat the damn things! Have your DJ announce it over the mic “dig into cupcakes guys!” 🎤 or have a sign or have containers that people can put them in (the venue didn’t put ours out by mistake). It was okay in the end because my MIL handed out tons of 🧁 to people the next day so there was no wastage. 

- Veil - I absolutely adored my veil and I 100% do not regret wearing it but it cost sooo much money and I regret not wearing it for long enough. It was so long and heavy tho that it kept pulling on my hair and weighing me down. If you are wearing a veil then I’d say try not to spend a fortune on one and make the most out of it because you will never wear a veil ever again!!!

- Programs..don’t waste money buying these...use CANVA!!! Our programs were the talk of the wedding and I designed them for free and then just had to pay to get them printed. You can also design other wedding stationery on there too. 

Ok so a list of stuff thats totally worth spending money on are

- The photographer...seriously guys. If you’re gonna splash out on one thing then please let it be this. It’s so magical when you get all of your lovely photos back. If you like the look of the photos on my blog then I recommend Tim Emmerton..go check him out! But remember - make a list of the shots you want to avoid disappointment!
    - The videographer... now this is something we couldn’t afford so we got my brother to do it for us. If you know anyone with a video camera who can record for you then do it because then you can send the footage off to an expert who can turn it into a wedding video for you!! A good way of saving money. Also if you have got a wedding video then a recommend a viewing party ;)
    - Some sort of photo booth - for us it was a selfie mirror. I included the company at the opening of this thread. Our guests had so much fun using it and the pictures you get from it are so funny. 

- HAIR AND MAKEUP ...pleeeease consider Nala & Knot, they have just won the great northern wedding awards for what they do..

- Flowers and decor... more is more. I would say splurge and save...If you can DIY then that’s even better! Flowers really do make a difference. Also have very regular meetups with your florist, the closer to the wedding the better. Our florist got the bridesmaid bouquets slightly wrong and my bouquet wasn’t exactly the way i wanted it and I think that was because I didn’t communicate enough with her. 

-Transportation...it just looks nice getting the pictures stepping out of the vehicle etc 

Screenshot from the video

I cant think of anything else right now...but hopefully that helps a bit 😅
    edited 7 May

The End 🖤

So, I am drawing a close on this wedding report as like everything in life, it has to reach an end! I hope that you’ve enjoyed reading and looking at our photos. I also hope that I’ve given some good advice, inspiration, ideas etc to help you brides to be. I also wanted to add in here for any newlyweds that might be reading - if you’re feeling sad...like I did for a while after getting married - then know this. It does get better and the sadness/emptiness that you may feel doesn’t last! Writing this report had been quite cathartic for me and I would definitely recommend it if you enjoyed writing about the planning process! 

Our wedding was a perfect and magical day for us but just know it didn’t go 100% as planned and I don’t think any wedding does. So don’t do what I did - which was painstakingly compare every aspect of my day with other brides and nitpick at everything. Because honestly, all that really matters, is that you are married to the one you love. 

xoxo
  • MrsW2020MrsW2020 Posts: 171 New bride
    Oh @Charleah you've got me feeling quite emotional! It looks like you had such an amazing day and those last few pictures are absolutely magical. Such good advice too, thank you for an amazing report!

MrsW2020 said:
    Oh @Charleah you've got me feeling quite emotional! It looks like you had such an amazing day and those last few pictures are absolutely magical. Such good advice too, thank you for an amazing report!

Thank you so much, I had fun writing it and glad you liked it! I’m gonna upload a 60second diluted down version of our wedding video to the end of this too! 
    Oh my god those last photos  :'( im a teary mess. 

You look fantastic, and thank you so much for writing such honest and funny accounts both during planning and for your report, as a bride with a year to go your advice is so valuable to me and its so refreshing to get such honest opinions. Congrats on everything and i wish you all the best for married life! 
    Oh my god those last photos  :'( im a teary mess. 

You look fantastic, and thank you so much for writing such honest and funny accounts both during planning and for your report, as a bride with a year to go your advice is so valuable to me and its so refreshing to get such honest opinions. Congrats on everything and i wish you all the best for married life! 
    Thank you so much that’s lovely 😊 and thank you for reading and sticking with it! I’m glad my honest account has helped, I still need to keep up with yours 💕
  • Cecilia13Cecilia13 Posts: 512 New bride
    Lovely report and those last photos are just absolutely BEAUTIFUL! It's got me really excited for mine now :) 
    You look so amazing!
    Cecilia13 said:
    Lovely report and those last photos are just absolutely BEAUTIFUL! It's got me really excited for mine now :) 
    You look so amazing!
    Ahhh thank you! How exciting for you that it’s all yet to come! 
  • GinAndBlingGinAndBling Posts: 1,309 New bride
    The photos of you both are just amazing. Thank you for sharing! X
    Our planning thread: We're completely winging it.
    Our report: A fun, classic May day in navy and blush
    My weightloss thread: Diet denial! 
    I enjoyed reading your planning thread, and I have loved reading this report. Your photos are brilliant and thanks for all the tips (especially the spanx ;))

Enjoy married life guys xx