A fun, classic May day in navy and blush

We got married 2 and a half weeks ago and I’m reflecting on our wedding from my sun bed in Borneo. I’m hoping I can give some advice from this but let’s see! 

So first, introductions. I’ve written a long and rambling planning thread which you are forgiven for not reading. If you have read it, thank you for sticking with me. This forum has become a source of comfort, catharsis and occasional obsession over the past 20 months.

I’m Jess and my lovely new husband is Nick. We’ve been together 7 years, we were engaged for 20 months-ish and have been married 19 days thus far. So far, so good.  

We were married on 25 May at St Peters Church, whetstone, which is where I grew up attending and where I was christened. Our reception was at Brooksby Hall in Melton Mowbray. 

We had an amazing day. It wasn’t perfect but we knew it never would be. The caterers messed up and forgot to make canapés so my husband and I ended up in the commercial kitchen going through our emails to find our contract and menu, I snapped at my mother in law (related to the canapés) and the majority of my extended family got really drunk and generally made nuisances out of themselves. None of that really matters though. The ceremony was incredible, we nailed the first dance and ultimately we came out married. The rest of it was just glitter. 

Our planning thread: We're completely winging it.

My weightloss thread: Diet denial! 

• Ahh im very excited to hear about your day! I thoroughly enjoyed your planning thread. 

Sorry to hear not all went to plan but i love your outlook on it! Congratulations and hope you're having an incredible start to married life. 
  • MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,519 New bride
    Hope you are having an amazing honeymoon.
    Shame about the canapes but as CDA says, you have adopted a good attitude to it - I'm going to have to try to do similar as with my motley crew of a family something is bound to go wrong! I hope you got a big apology and a refund anyway :)
  • MrsPB2019MrsPB2019 Posts: 475 New bride
    I can’t wait to read more! Enjoy the honeymoon.
  • I can't wait to read this! I have to admit to have previously been lurking and loved reading your planning thread (and hello to a fellow lawyer!). 

I went to Borneo a few years ago - hope you are having a fab time: there's some amazing diving there (if you're into that) and the orangutans are a must see!  
  • Cecilia13Cecilia13 Posts: 450 New bride
    I can't wait to read all about it :) congratulations!

Also super jealous about Borneo!!