Forum home Your wedding reports

A Very Hot August Bank Holiday Town Centre Barn Wedding! The Report.

• MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,957 New bride
    edited October 2019
    Still waiting for professional pics, but here are a few our venue posted on Facebook yesterday:

• It's all so beautiful!!!! I love all the little touches and how personal it all is.
  • annipooannipoo Posts: 303 New bride
    Your flowers are so pretty! 
  • Gorgeous! I love all the little touches. 
  • MrsH2020MrsH2020 Posts: 223 New bride
    So beautiful! Love all these details :)
  • MrsOD19MrsOD19 Posts: 797 New bride
    I love love love all the flowers! They look fab-you should be super proud of yourself! 

Have your professional pics come through yet? 
    I love love love all the flowers! They look fab-you should be super proud of yourself! 

Have your professional pics come through yet? 
    Thank you! We are still waiting for pics, it's been 6 weeks now so hopeful we will get them soon.
  • I bet you can't wait to get the photos back! The flowers, candles and signs are all lovely, you did a great job 🌻🌺🌷
    Thanks ladies :)

STILL waiting for photos - getting a bit annoyed now as he twice told us we'd have them within "a couple of weeks" and it has now been nearly 7. Had to go ahead and get Thank You cards printed with just the preview photos, even though ideally I wanted a pic of us with our parents on there, but we can't wait any longer to send cards to people as I feel really rude so made some up on Vistaprint which got delivered this week.
  • AmyFSToBeAmyFSToBe Posts: 361 New bride
    How frustrating the photos are taking so long! Hope you get them soon, can't wait to hear about the rest of your day!
    AmyFSToBe said:
    How frustrating the photos are taking so long! Hope you get them soon, can't wait to hear about the rest of your day!
    Unfortunately our photographer has been ill, but we've been promised them by the end of the week.
    We finally have pictures!
  • AmyFSToBeAmyFSToBe Posts: 361 New bride
    🎉🎉 yay! Hope you’re having a lovely morning looking through them all.
  • That's great, enjoy looking through them!
  • Fab!!! Have fun looking through and reliving it all!
  • How exciting- I’m so glad they turned up after your wait for them! Hope you’re having a lovely weekend going through them all 😊
    We've been so long waiting for photos I've forgotten half of what happened!! Have been generally manic recently but promise I will carry on ASAP - I've only managed to have one quick look through the pics myself 😂

• Oh no haha! Can’t wait to see them/hear about the rest of your day. 😊
  • Just read through your report, everything looks so lovely and I love the colour choices. 

Can't wait to read more.  :)

So I can carry on now! 

We arrived at the venue and the photographer took some pics outside with the car: 

#

It was a struggle as it was 31 degrees by this point and we were all melting - not helped by the fact the aircon had broken in the wedding car!
    We snuck in the back door and went upstairs to meet with the registrar, and met my son and our flower girls

]
    And then it was time to walk down the aisle! Everyone kept telling me not to be nervous but I wasn't at all, I was absolutely fine!

The aisle was a bit narrow at the end so we had to go a bit single file! The chairs hadn't quite been laid out how we asked meaning it was a bit cramped, but it wasn't the end of the world. I wasn't really aware of anyone except C and the registrar anyway.
    And then we got married! At one point I noticed C had his buttonhole on back to front so I fixed it for him. The actual ceremony was over so quickly, when we read it through from the book at home it seemed much longer.

Our lovely friend M and one of my bridesmaids did readings, they both read beautifully and M even personalised the reading a bit with a little joke about C wearing flip flops year round, which got a big laugh as he is famous for it. My dad also said something really lovely about being proud and privileged to be my dad while giving me away, which meant a lot since he had chosen not to do a speech.

Great hilarity ensued when the registrar asked C to take my hand and he got confused and grabbed his best man's instead!!!

• Oh I love all these photos! Especially the ones of your son with his little sign haha, too sweet! Can't wait for more :)
  • Aw i love all the laughter in the photos, its captured so beautifully!
  • Beautiful photos, your son is a star! 🌟 
  • annipooannipoo Posts: 303 New bride
    Your photos are lovely. It looks like your son had the best time! 
    I WILL finally finish this in the next few weeks! Been so busy since the wedding with work and parenting and family stuff.

Really feel for all you 2020 brides who have had to postpone, sending love and best wishes to all of you.

We finally booked a 'sort of' honeymoon to Turkey for June as our son starts school in September, with a plan to go somewhere more exotic next year, but it seems very likely it will be cancelled - my honeymoon plans are pretty much doomed 😂

Today I've been doing some slightly different flowers - the coffin spray for my father in law. He passed away on 1st April from Covid-19 and the funeral is on Tuesday. Although I did really want to elope abroad on our own, now this has happened just 7 months after our wedding, I'm so glad we were able to have him at our wedding as that's now a memory and photos my husband and I will always have to treasure. Family really is everything x