Our Cookie Cutter English Summer Wedding - The Report

So my planning thread died a death after the implementation of the new website here at Y&YW. 

I just couldn't get used to the new format and I was so very busy in the run up to the wedding that I ended up posting on a Facebook group instead. 

I'm hoping that this will help me relive the day as serious wedding blues have kicked in and don't seem to be easing up. 

I've really enjoyed catching up on all of your special days. 

• Becky111Becky111 Posts: 217 New bride
    We are still waiting for all our professional photos to come through but I thought I'd start by sharing a sneak peek photo and all of our wonderful suppliers. 

The Day
    Venue - Wentworth Woodhouse
    Day Catering & Coordination - Dine 
    Flowers - Emma Osborne at Unique Wedding Flowers and Chair Covers
    Photography - Lara Frost Photography
    PA, DJ and Lighting - PA Entertainments
    Evening Catering & Bar Services - Pizza-a-Mano, Greedy Little Pig and Drinkin out the Box

Bridal Attire
    Dress and Veil - Wed2b
    Shoes - Jimmy Choo
    Hair - Leigh at LHL Hair Studio
    Jewellery - Tina Eldor Jewellery at Etsy
    Makeup - Carly Turner

Groom Attire
    Suit, shoes and Accessories - Moss Bros
    Watch - Hugo Boss

Bridal Party
    Bridesmaid Dresses - Quiz
    Bridesmaid Shoes - No1 Jenny Packham
    Flower Girl Dresses - Monsoon
    Flower Girl Shows - M&S
    Page Boys Attire - Matalan & Rocco Clothing
  • MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,846 New bride
    Such a stunning venue, I remember your planning thread - am I right in thinking your venue meant a lot to your family?
    MrsCToBee said:
    Such a stunning venue, I remember your planning thread - am I right in thinking your venue meant a lot to your family?
    Well remembered, yes, it was a place I visited quite a few times with my late Dad and he loved the building and it's history. I really felt like he was with me on the day so it was lovely.
    edited 13 September
    Friday 19th July - 8 days away

To say the last couple of weeks leading up to the wedding was stressful was a bit of an understatement, some of you will remember that we knew the venue would be covered in scaffolding for our day so we would use the back of the house. Well I'd seen a couple of pictures in the run up and it was a little worse than I was expecting. 
    We had a meeting with the venue who really put my mind at rest and allowed us complimentary use of the main state room at the venue for our wedding breakfast. It was the room we originally wanted but to be brutally honest we just couldn't afford it. 

I walked out of the venue and just burst into tears I had worked myself up into a real state about the whole thing but after the meeting everything started to get exciting instead.

Saturday 20th & Sunday 21st - 1 week away
    Nothing really happened whilst I was still at work. I ended up having some fairly intensive MS Treatment in February which meant I was off work for a few weeks. I ended up doing lots of my DIY in that period as I knew I wanted to get it all sorted. 

The weekend before was mainly finishing off some little bits and having my hair died and coloured. I also spent some time getting the house ready as I'd be hosting the bridesmaids the night before the wedding. 
    Thursday 25th July - 2 Sleeps to go 

This was the day all the prep started. It was so incredibly hot. Sat on the tram on the way home from work it was so surreal and bits were sweating that I didn't even know I had. 

First up on the beautifying itinerary was my eyelash infill, then onto my nails. I opted for a short almond shape with blush/gold glitter.

I felt ready, but I was like this ball of nervous energy that just wanted to shout from the rooftops that after 11 years we were finally getting married and I was going to be a wife. 

At this point I'd decided to stop worrying about the weather. What better place to get married when the weather is rubbish than a building that has more rooms than days of the year.