Fairytale white wedding, August 2019-The report

So, here we are! Almost a month married and we got back from our USA adventure yesterday.  I’ll make a start on our report but we haven’t got our professional pictures back yet! So I’ll start with the days prior.

I drove back up to my parents on the Tuesday evening, Mum and I went to get our nails/toes and lashes done on Wednesday morning which was lovely, We then went and bought breakfast bits for the wedding morning and a bottle of champagne! we just had a quiet night in before the mayhem started.

Thursday rolled around and first things first was to collect my wedding dress! 

We then dashed to collect an amended table plan and then took my little Chihuahua to his weekend accommodation.  We got to our venue to drop all our bits and pieces off for the following day! Met my fiancé and best man there for a coffee and then mum and I went home as my Irish relatives were all landing about 3pm and we’d got an early dinner and a few drinks arranged! My 2 SILs arrived (one was doing all the bridesmaids make up) and two other bridesmaids came later on in the evening! One bridesmaid didn’t stay over as she’s got 3 children but she did send us all a bottle of
prosecco! 

We were all in bed earlyish! Had some drama as
one bridesmaids boyfriend broke up with her that day and was refusing to come to the wedding so we had her being upset which wasn’t nice for her at all and it definitely but a downer on it all for her! Not to mention a drop out at the eleventh hour!

• Before I forget I will run through a list of suppliers! 

Church-St Margaret’s Church
    Venue-Swinfen Hall Hotel
    Photographer- Nick Labrum Photography 
    Videographer- Ring a Bell video 
    Cake-Fletchers Cake Studio
    Chair Covers-Premier Chair Covers
    Stationery-Wedding Stationery by Kelly 
    Cars-Celebration Wedding Cars
    Confetti- Adamapple confetti 
    DJ-Diamond Wedding Events
    Make up-Emily Grosvenor 
    Flowers-Ann at Secret Garden
  • MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,949 New bride
    Ooooh very excited to read this! The wait for photos is a special kind of torment, isn't it!!
  • Ahhh im so excited to read all about it!!
  • So, the morning of! Realised that my fiancé had forgotten to take the orders of service and confetti with him the day before (MEN!) so I rang the florist who kindly offered to take it all to the church with her-she was a GODSEND! 

I woke up about 5.40am after about 3 hours sleep- the upshot was I was first in the shower and had a lovely time with all my jo malone goodies! Two of my bridesmaids who slept in my double bed with me (it was a squish) got up just after and we all went down for coffee and some quiet time.  They are my two best friends so it was really lovely to have some peace with them! 

I had got them all little bracelets and robes and spent ages the day before sticking vinyls onto glasses! (It shouldn’t have taken that long but I couldn’t figure it out!) 
  • So the hair and make up girls, the photographer and the videographer started arriving and it was very busy and chaotic!! I only managed to shove a croissant down in the morning which was enough to be honest! 

I also managed to make one one bottle of champagne stretch between 7 girls (bridal powers!) haha 

I was so so pleased with all our hair! It looked lovely and I definitely made the right choice to have mine up and the girls down 

• So it was time to get into our finery! I decided to get changed in the living room as my dress was quite full and I didn’t want to navigate the stairs haha 

The top photo is me and my lovely mum and then me trying to be all sultry haha 

• Then we did the big reveal to my Dad- I’m an only child and my Dad isn’t an emotional kind guy (stiff upper lip Irish man) but I absolutely love this picture 

• You look beautiful! I love your hair!
    Gorgeous!
  • MrsH2020MrsH2020 Posts: 161 New bride
    You look stunning! Excited to read more :)

• The pictures are here! We spent last night quaffing champagne and set them up as a slideshow to watch all 928 of them! So it’ll Be picture heavy from now on haha. 

Ill try and remain in order! 

My gorgeous flowers and the beyond beautiful church ❤️

• And we’re off! We were delayed slightly as we got a message from an usher saying loads of people were stuck in traffic on then m6 as there had been two accidents! This was the only time I lost my cool-i was really calm and collected about it but my mum and dad were flapping and stressing me out, I had to tell my mum to stop as she wasn’t helping the situation 😂

• The boys and the vicar getting set at the church! 

• The girls getting into their gorgeous car the car company matched our colour scheme with grey and pink ribbons for the girls car and ivory for mine 😍
  • AmyFSToBeAmyFSToBe Posts: 167 New bride
    Looks beautiful! Can’t wait to see/read more. Also those shoes 😍
  • Ditto- love your fairytale shoes!
  • Blondiebride2019Blondiebride2019 Posts: 474 New bride
    edited October 2019
    Thanks both! They are the most beautiful shoes I’ve seen! And surprisingly comfortable considering the heel. 

So we got on our way to the church, when the car was backing into the car park, some random woman decided to fall over right behind it! She wasn’t a guest, no idea who she was! She was fine but I did panic and think it’s not an ideal start to hit someone with a car. 

All lined up and ready to go! I look slightly creepy in the last photo! I was so so nervous! We walked down to ‘Canon in D’ which was amazing, but all a blur to be honest! I didn’t realise that anyone can come to a church wedding, it’s nice but feel so quite strange that strangers were there too! 

• Nearly there! I had to slow my Dad down, he was basically galloping down the aisle and I was like ‘DAD I CANT WALK THAT FAST!’

And there we are! We were both shaking and sweating so so much! Top tip-definitely have some deodorant in mums/bridesmaids bags, I was so in need of it afterwards.

kneeling in my dress and heels was so hard, I looked geriatric holding on to the altar to get myself up and down! 

• Signing the register was so weird I was like ‘what name do i put?!’ 

• The worst then happened- the bridesmaids got in their car (SIL decided to go without someone else and didn’t tell anyone so everyone was looking for her-i was obviously not impressed that she ditched the others.  Transpired she was too hot in the wedding car so went with her date)

Anyway! We got into our wedding car with our champagne and it WOULD. NOT START.  It was just ticking over.  My MIL’s partner had to help push it off the drive and the driver had to bump start it down the hill.  It was an utter calamity! We then took ages to get to the reception as they only go at a snails pace! Although we did finish a whole bottle of bubbly so it’s not all bad! Haha
    Thanks both! They are the most beautiful shoes I’ve seen! And surprisingly comfortable considering the heel. 

So we got on our way to the church, when the car was backing into the car park, some random woman decided to fall over right behind it! She wasn’t a guest, no idea who she was! She was fine but I did panic and think it’s not an ideal start to hit someone with a car. 

All lined up and ready to go! I look slightly creepy in the last photo! I was so so nervous! We walked down to ‘Canon in D’ which was amazing, but all a blur to be honest! I didn’t realise that anyone can come to a church wedding, it’s nice but feel so quite strange that strangers were there too! 
    Yes, there's a whole posse of old dears at my Grandad's church who go to all the weddings there, just for something to do on a Saturday afternoon!
  • OmRumOmRum Posts: 890 New bride
    Congratulations! you look like you had a lovely day. The church is beautiful. Despite worrying about getting to the reception in good time, it must have been lovely to be able to sit with your husband drinking bubbly for a while!
  • @mrsctobee it makes sense when you think about it doesn’t it! I had just never given it much thought 🤣 @OmRum ahhh thanks! It was the absolute best day-yeah it was actually although I was a bit tipsy and desperate for a wee when we got there! Haha
  • So once we got to our reception venue we had our drinks reception and a guy hubby works with played the piano as people came in.  Then we did the family group shots outside on the grass/terrace 

• Your happiness absolutely shines out of these pics! 
    Loving this report! You look so happy and I am swooning over your dress!
    Loving this report! You look so happy and I am swooning over your dress!
  • I love how happy you look in every photo! 
  • So because of the lovely weather we were able to have drinks on the terrace which was LOVELY! We managed to get one big group shot from the balcony which I want to get on a canvas ASAP.

We has a gorgeous meal but it just went way too quickly!! The food was a big hit though.  

Then onto the speeches! I did one after my Dad and I’m so glad I did! To all the brides thinking of it, you definitely should-it was so nice to say a little bit to everyone.

Hubby went after me and I could’ve killed him! He was reading it off his groomsmen phone! It looked so sloppy! 

And then his best man-it wasn’t too horrific actually, He’s a man of God so I told Hubby it would be fine! I’m not sure what the digeredoo was about, but it was so so so so funny!